Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Got some more pastrami

I had to run out to Home Depot to get something, figured so
long as I'm here and people are making me nervous they won't
have pastrami any longer, I'd swing around to Costco and grab a
couple. Got a package of Blout's? lobster bisque that someone
mentioned, too.

Checking out, a woman behind me said OH! DON'T YOU LOVE
THAT?? looking at my pastrami. So funny. She had a whole story
how she was serving it to some people coming up from Florida.
Made me laugh.

My prepared food shopping is done for the day.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote >I had to run out to Home Depot to get something,
figured so
> long as I'm here and people are making me nervous they won't
> have pastrami any longer, I'd swing around to Costco and grab a
> couple. Got a package of Blout's? lobster bisque that someone
> mentioned, too.
>
> Checking out, a woman behind me said OH! DON'T YOU LOVE
> THAT?? looking at my pastrami. So funny. She had a whole story
> how she was serving it to some people coming up from Florida.
> Made me laugh.
>
> My prepared food shopping is done for the day.
>
> nancy

Fiddle-dee-dee - looks like I'm going to have to hound our local Costco.
Good for you, Nancy!

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>I had to run out to Home Depot to get something, figured so
> long as I'm here and people are making me nervous they won't
> have pastrami any longer, I'd swing around to Costco and grab a
> couple. Got a package of Blout's? lobster bisque that someone
> mentioned, too.
>
> Checking out, a woman behind me said OH! DON'T YOU LOVE
> THAT?? looking at my pastrami. So funny. She had a whole story
> how she was serving it to some people coming up from Florida.
> Made me laugh.
>
> My prepared food shopping is done for the day.
>
> nancy

Nancy! I thought of you this evening when I picked up my Carnegi meat -- I
was glad to see it. This is not at the usual Costco nearest to my home,
though. I had to go to D.C. and this Costco was in Fairfax, VA. I still
have a container of lobster bisque in my freezer. And I bought a small
Mosey's corned beef. Thanks to this ng, I had it down on my list or I
would've passed by it, or passed it by.

Also according to a poster on this ng, I saw for the first time, the
Milton's bread and bought a loaf.
Pretty good day. On the way in to D.C., I got my shopping done at TJ's and
the big Asian market, then afterwards, I got my Costco shopping done on the
way home. Going to Georgetown Medical University hospital/doctor's office
is not so bad when it's squeezed into between wonderful shopping. Oh, and I
got some shopping done at a Turkish mom/pop's store -- quite organized,
friendly, clean and stocked -- but still didn't get my palm sugar -- darn!
The Turkish people didn't know what palm sugar is. So many of these little
stores will carry Lebanonese, Egyptian and other Middle-Eastern foods, but
they seems strictly Turkish oriented.
Dee Dee

pastrami Pico Rico Barbecue 4 05-11-2010 07:44 PM
pastrami for NB modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 6 02-12-2008 10:33 PM
Thank you Dee!! Pastrami Nancy Young General Cooking 16 29-01-2006 10:33 PM
Pastrami Mike \Piedmont\ Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2005 04:06 AM