Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Got some more pastrami

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>I had to run out to Home Depot to get something, figured so
> long as I'm here and people are making me nervous they won't
> have pastrami any longer, I'd swing around to Costco and grab a
> couple. Got a package of Blout's? lobster bisque that someone
> mentioned, too.
>
> Checking out, a woman behind me said OH! DON'T YOU LOVE
> THAT?? looking at my pastrami. So funny. She had a whole story
> how she was serving it to some people coming up from Florida.
> Made me laugh.
>
> My prepared food shopping is done for the day.
>
> nancy

Nancy! I thought of you this evening when I picked up my Carnegi meat -- I
was glad to see it. This is not at the usual Costco nearest to my home,
though. I had to go to D.C. and this Costco was in Fairfax, VA. I still
have a container of lobster bisque in my freezer. And I bought a small
Mosey's corned beef. Thanks to this ng, I had it down on my list or I
would've passed by it, or passed it by.

Also according to a poster on this ng, I saw for the first time, the
Milton's bread and bought a loaf.
Pretty good day. On the way in to D.C., I got my shopping done at TJ's and
the big Asian market, then afterwards, I got my Costco shopping done on the
way home. Going to Georgetown Medical University hospital/doctor's office
is not so bad when it's squeezed into between wonderful shopping. Oh, and I
got some shopping done at a Turkish mom/pop's store -- quite organized,
friendly, clean and stocked -- but still didn't get my palm sugar -- darn!
The Turkish people didn't know what palm sugar is. So many of these little
stores will carry Lebanonese, Egyptian and other Middle-Eastern foods, but
they seems strictly Turkish oriented.
Dee Dee