Old 28-01-2006, 04:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thank you Dee!! Pastrami

Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
they good. I will be buying that again.

10 bucks for a box of 2 pouches of real deli pastrami,
comes to $2.50 each for huge sandwiches. Before anyone
gets all huffy, I don't care I don't care! (laugh) Yes, I do
like those sandwiches large. 5 dollars or so for two
people, I hardly think that's an expensive lunch.

Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
you so much. I'm very happy right now.

And, no, the meat doesn't get burning hot, Dee ... just warmed
up, sounds like you did fine.

nancy

Old 28-01-2006, 04:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco.

snipped
nancy

Where in Costco did you find it, Nancy? Is it in the refrigerated cases? I
looked in their regular deli section (kept beside the meats) but it wasn't
there.

Dora

Old 28-01-2006, 05:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

My fondest memory of a trip to Atlantic City many years ago was dinner
at a Carnegie Deli. We ordered their pastrami sandwich with two extra
slices of bread. Split the meat between two sandwiches, it was still a
huge dinner. Geniece couldn't finish hers.

And we have neither Carnegie Deli nor Costco in this hyear Parts
Unknown, Kentucky.... :-(

Best --- Terry

Old 28-01-2006, 05:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"limey" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco.

Where in Costco did you find it, Nancy? Is it in the refrigerated cases?
I looked in their regular deli section (kept beside the meats) but it
wasn't there.

It was in the case where they had the kielbasa, like that? It's in
a box, on the darker side, with a Carnegie Deli neon sign on the
upper left corner, on the bottom it says Kirkland. Inside the box
are two pouches.

Hope that helps. That's how I remember it, I threw out the box.

nancy

Old 28-01-2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
they good. I will be buying that again.

10 bucks for a box of 2 pouches of real deli pastrami,
comes to $2.50 each for huge sandwiches. Before anyone
gets all huffy, I don't care I don't care! (laugh) Yes, I do
like those sandwiches large. 5 dollars or so for two
people, I hardly think that's an expensive lunch.

Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
you so much. I'm very happy right now.

And, no, the meat doesn't get burning hot, Dee ... just warmed
up, sounds like you did fine.

nancy

Phew! A load off my mind -- I always hate to recommend for fear of getting
scorched.
Glad you liked them and had a good time.
Dee Dee

Old 28-01-2006, 05:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote

My fondest memory of a trip to Atlantic City many years ago was dinner
at a Carnegie Deli. We ordered their pastrami sandwich with two extra
slices of bread. Split the meat between two sandwiches, it was still a
huge dinner. Geniece couldn't finish hers.

Oh, that's the way it should be (smile). First time I took Ron to a
real deli, it was the Stage Deli ... I said, would you like to split a
sandwich? The look I got was priceless.

Then the sandwiches came. He understood. But really, it's supposed
to be that way, enormous. Not a rational amount of food.

And we have neither Carnegie Deli nor Costco in this hyear Parts
Unknown, Kentucky.... :-(

No great deli around here, either, but no Costco? Yikes.
Perhaps I could mail you some of the pastrami, frozen.

nancy

Old 28-01-2006, 05:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote

Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
you so much. I'm very happy right now.

Phew! A load off my mind -- I always hate to recommend for fear of
getting scorched.

Oh, no, I know what you're saying but don't worry about
that. If I didn't like it I'd just say, darn, nice try.

nancy

Old 28-01-2006, 07:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
they good. I will be buying that again.

10 bucks for a box of 2 pouches of real deli pastrami,
comes to $2.50 each for huge sandwiches. Before anyone
gets all huffy, I don't care I don't care! (laugh) Yes, I do
like those sandwiches large. 5 dollars or so for two
people, I hardly think that's an expensive lunch.

Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
you so much. I'm very happy right now.

And, no, the meat doesn't get burning hot, Dee ... just warmed
up, sounds like you did fine.

Fress--- http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

Sheldon

Old 28-01-2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
they good. I will be buying that again.

Fress--- http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
them that large. man that's good food.

nancy

Old 28-01-2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
"Sheldon" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
they good. I will be buying that again.

Fress--- http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
them that large. man that's good food.

Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Sheldon

Old 28-01-2006, 09:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

Fress--- http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
them that large. man that's good food.

Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Oh, man, one day I will have to find out what the bleep that is
for myself. I'll look it up later. Not sure where to buy it, though.

nancy

Old 28-01-2006, 09:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

Fress--- http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
them that large. man that's good food.

Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Oh, man, one day I will have to find out what the bleep that is
for myself. I'll look it up later. Not sure where to buy it, though.

nancy

I've found it only two places; Shaw's in New Haven, CT; and Walmart in
Winchester, VA. I've actually looked in other places, but never found it -
other Walmarts, but, no.
Dee Dee

Old 29-01-2006, 11:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bless you for the thought, Nancy.... but I think I'm going on a search
for some thinly sliced, lightly-oily, cholesterol-laden comfort food
around here. The journey is half the fun....:-)

Best -- Terry

Old 29-01-2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
them that large. man that's good food.

Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Sheldon, no lie, I went food shopping to pick up a couple
things real quick ... I was by the eggs and stopped to think,
what else should I get while I'm here. Hmmm. Paying no
attention to anyone or anything, just standing out of the way.

Suddenly I realize, I'm standing smack dab in front of a
Dr. Brown's display, Cel-Ray and all!! I wasn't even near
the soda! Going to give it a try in a couple, but honestly,
what are the odds I would have stopped there.

nancy

pastrami Pico Rico Barbecue 4 05-11-2010 06:44 PM
pastrami for NB modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 6 02-12-2008 09:33 PM
Got some more pastrami Nancy Young General Cooking 2 16-03-2006 04:47 AM
Pastrami Mike \Piedmont\ Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2005 03:06 AM