Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thank you Dee!! Pastrami

Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
they good. I will be buying that again.

10 bucks for a box of 2 pouches of real deli pastrami,
comes to $2.50 each for huge sandwiches. Before anyone
gets all huffy, I don't care I don't care! (laugh) Yes, I do
like those sandwiches large. 5 dollars or so for two
people, I hardly think that's an expensive lunch.

Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
you so much. I'm very happy right now.

And, no, the meat doesn't get burning hot, Dee ... just warmed
up, sounds like you did fine.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
> Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
> the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco.

<snipped>
> nancy

Where in Costco did you find it, Nancy? Is it in the refrigerated cases? I
looked in their regular deli section (kept beside the meats) but it wasn't
there.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

My fondest memory of a trip to Atlantic City many years ago was dinner
at a Carnegie Deli. We ordered their pastrami sandwich with two extra
slices of bread. Split the meat between two sandwiches, it was still a
huge dinner. Geniece couldn't finish hers.

And we have neither Carnegie Deli nor Costco in this hyear Parts
Unknown, Kentucky.... :-(

Best --- Terry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"limey" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" wrote in message
>> Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
>> the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco.

> Where in Costco did you find it, Nancy? Is it in the refrigerated cases?
> I looked in their regular deli section (kept beside the meats) but it
> wasn't there.

It was in the case where they had the kielbasa, like that? It's in
a box, on the darker side, with a Carnegie Deli neon sign on the
upper left corner, on the bottom it says Kirkland. Inside the box
are two pouches.

Hope that helps. That's how I remember it, I threw out the box.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
> the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
> bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
> made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
> they good. I will be buying that again.
>
> 10 bucks for a box of 2 pouches of real deli pastrami,
> comes to $2.50 each for huge sandwiches. Before anyone
> gets all huffy, I don't care I don't care! (laugh) Yes, I do
> like those sandwiches large. 5 dollars or so for two
> people, I hardly think that's an expensive lunch.
>
> Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
> you so much. I'm very happy right now.
>
> And, no, the meat doesn't get burning hot, Dee ... just warmed
> up, sounds like you did fine.
>
> nancy

Phew! A load off my mind -- I always hate to recommend for fear of getting
scorched.
Glad you liked them and had a good time.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote

> My fondest memory of a trip to Atlantic City many years ago was dinner
> at a Carnegie Deli. We ordered their pastrami sandwich with two extra
> slices of bread. Split the meat between two sandwiches, it was still a
> huge dinner. Geniece couldn't finish hers.

Oh, that's the way it should be (smile). First time I took Ron to a
real deli, it was the Stage Deli ... I said, would you like to split a
sandwich? The look I got was priceless.

Then the sandwiches came. He understood. But really, it's supposed
to be that way, enormous. Not a rational amount of food.

> And we have neither Carnegie Deli nor Costco in this hyear Parts
> Unknown, Kentucky.... :-(

No great deli around here, either, but no Costco? Yikes.
Perhaps I could mail you some of the pastrami, frozen.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
>> you so much. I'm very happy right now.

> Phew! A load off my mind -- I always hate to recommend for fear of
> getting scorched.

Oh, no, I know what you're saying but don't worry about
that. If I didn't like it I'd just say, darn, nice try.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message >
> "limey" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" wrote in message
>>> Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
>>> the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco.

>> Where in Costco did you find it, Nancy? Is it in the refrigerated cases?
>> I looked in their regular deli section (kept beside the meats) but it
>> wasn't there.

> It was in the case where they had the kielbasa, like that? It's in
> a box, on the darker side, with a Carnegie Deli neon sign on the
> upper left corner, on the bottom it says Kirkland. Inside the box
> are two pouches.
>
> Hope that helps. That's how I remember it, I threw out the box.
>
> nancy

Thanks, Nancy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
> the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
> bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
> made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
> they good. I will be buying that again.
>
> 10 bucks for a box of 2 pouches of real deli pastrami,
> comes to $2.50 each for huge sandwiches. Before anyone
> gets all huffy, I don't care I don't care! (laugh) Yes, I do
> like those sandwiches large. 5 dollars or so for two
> people, I hardly think that's an expensive lunch.
>
> Been a loooong time since I had such a good sandwich, thank
> you so much. I'm very happy right now.
>
> And, no, the meat doesn't get burning hot, Dee ... just warmed
> up, sounds like you did fine.

Fress---> http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
>> the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
>> bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
>> made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
>> they good. I will be buying that again.

> Fress---> http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
them that large. man that's good food.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> >> Man, I just couldn't wait to have pastrami sandwiches with
> >> the Carnegie Deli meat from Costco. Boiled it up in the
> >> bag, piled it *high* on seeded jewish rye bread, one package
> >> made two huge sandwiches and boy oh boy oh boy were
> >> they good. I will be buying that again.

> > Fress---> http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

> Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
> package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
> them that large. man that's good food.

Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> > Fress---> http://www.carnegiedeli.com/pastrami1.JPG

>> Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
>> package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
>> them that large. man that's good food.

> Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Oh, man, one day I will have to find out what the bleep that is
for myself. I'll look it up later. Not sure where to buy it, though.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

>>> Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
>>> package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
>>> them that large. man that's good food.

>> Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

> Oh, man, one day I will have to find out what the bleep that is
> for myself. I'll look it up later. Not sure where to buy it, though.
>
> nancy

I've found it only two places; Shaw's in New Haven, CT; and Walmart in
Winchester, VA. I've actually looked in other places, but never found it -
other Walmarts, but, no.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bless you for the thought, Nancy.... but I think I'm going on a search
for some thinly sliced, lightly-oily, cholesterol-laden comfort food
around here. The journey is half the fun....:-)

Best -- Terry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
>> package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
>> them that large. man that's good food.

> Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Sheldon, no lie, I went food shopping to pick up a couple
things real quick ... I was by the eggs and stopped to think,
what else should I get while I'm here. Hmmm. Paying no
attention to anyone or anything, just standing out of the way.

Suddenly I realize, I'm standing smack dab in front of a
Dr. Brown's display, Cel-Ray and all!! I wasn't even near
the soda! Going to give it a try in a couple, but honestly,
what are the odds I would have stopped there.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> >> Heh, funny, isn't it? I think if I made one sandwich out of the
> >> package, that's how big it would have been. No, I didn't make
> >> them that large. man that's good food.

> > Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

> Sheldon, no lie, I went food shopping to pick up a couple
> things real quick ... I was by the eggs and stopped to think,
> what else should I get while I'm here. Hmmm. Paying no
> attention to anyone or anything, just standing out of the way.
>
> Suddenly I realize, I'm standing smack dab in front of a
> Dr. Brown's display, Cel-Ray and all!! I wasn't even near
> the soda! Going to give it a try in a couple, but honestly,
> what are the odds I would have stopped there.

Probably never. I don't think I've ever had Cel-Ray at home. I never
buy it at the market either, only at kosher delis, there it's a must.
I hope you are able to appreciate it at home... perhaps you can fool
your taste buds by having it at home with kosher hot dogs.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:45:53 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

> "Sheldon" > wrote
> >
> > Only thing makes them better is a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

> Sheldon, no lie, I went food shopping to pick up a couple
> things real quick ... I was by the eggs and stopped to think,
> what else should I get while I'm here. Hmmm. Paying no
> attention to anyone or anything, just standing out of the way.
>
> Suddenly I realize, I'm standing smack dab in front of a
> Dr. Brown's display, Cel-Ray and all!! I wasn't even near
> the soda! Going to give it a try in a couple, but honestly,
> what are the odds I would have stopped there.

http://www.popsoda.com/drbrownscelray.html
I don't think I would like it one tiny bit.

pastrami Pico Rico Barbecue 4 05-11-2010 07:44 PM
pastrami for NB modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 6 02-12-2008 10:33 PM
Got some more pastrami Nancy Young General Cooking 2 16-03-2006 05:47 AM
Pastrami Mike \Piedmont\ Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2005 04:06 AM