Posted to rec.food.cooking
skyf

Default Pan recommendation?

I'm looking for a good set of pots and pans. Not ultra-expensive
gourmet, but decent quality cookware that isn't non-stick. Consumer
Reports recommends brands like Kitchenaid Brushless (10-piece set for
$19 at Target). Does anyone have any personal recommendations?

Skyf

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

skyf wrote:
> I'm looking for a good set of pots and pans. Not ultra-expensive
> gourmet, but decent quality cookware that isn't non-stick. Consumer
> Reports recommends brands like Kitchenaid Brushless (10-piece set for
> $19 at Target). Does anyone have any personal recommendations?
>
> Skyf

I have a 10" Tramontina skillet that I love but it shore did get
ugly... my favorite skillet by far though. Amazing piece of cookware
for going straight from the stovetop and into the oven and talk about
fond!!! Kev

http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/tramontina.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

I picked it up at Target BTW... it was about $20.00 so no you won't
get a 10-piece set for that price. Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"kevnbro" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> skyf wrote:
>> I'm looking for a good set of pots and pans. Not ultra-expensive
>> gourmet, but decent quality cookware that isn't non-stick. Consumer
>> Reports recommends brands like Kitchenaid Brushless (10-piece set for
>> $19 at Target). Does anyone have any personal recommendations?
>>
>> Skyf

10 pieces for $19.00? What are they made of? Aluminum foil? And, what's the
meaning of "brushless"???

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Person

"skyf" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm looking for a good set of pots and pans. Not ultra-expensive
> gourmet, but decent quality cookware that isn't non-stick. Consumer
> Reports recommends brands like Kitchenaid Brushless (10-piece set for
> $19 at Target). Does anyone have any personal recommendations?
>
> Skyf

I though you meant Brushed Stainless. But a 10 piece set of Kitchenaid BS
are about $150.00 retail.

I can't imagine $2 pans being worth at crap. I think you really need to
spend a bit more if you expect them to cook well and last. We've been using
a set of calphalon for about 10 years, and they are great.

Larry T

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

skyf wrote:

> I'm looking for a good set of pots and pans. Not ultra-expensive
> gourmet, but decent quality cookware that isn't non-stick. Consumer
> Reports recommends brands like Kitchenaid Brushless (10-piece set for
> $19 at Target). Does anyone have any personal recommendations?
>
> Skyf

I'm no Emeril Lagasse or Rachel Ray, but you get what you pay for. I
bought a set of pots and pans at Sam's club about 4 years ago for about
$150 and they work just fine. Then I bought a cheaper set for my RV at
Le Target for about $50 - ten piece and so far they have not let me down.

Again, you get for what you pay. Shop around.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Denny Wheeler

On 25 Jan 2006 09:46:29 -0800, "skyf" > wrote:

>I'm looking for a good set of pots and pans. Not ultra-expensive
>gourmet, but decent quality cookware that isn't non-stick. Consumer
>Reports recommends brands like Kitchenaid Brushless (10-piece set for
>$19 at Target). Does anyone have any personal recommendations?

Okay, which is it: $119, $190, $219?
<hits Target.com>
The set of brushed stainless that's $149.99? Probably not bad.

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
Posted to rec.food.cooking
skyf

Sorry, the "4" dropped out. It's $149. If it was $19, I'd buy a
disposable set every two months.

Just curious if anyone had any experience with the Kitchenaid set.

Skyf