bonedaddy

Default DFW Recommendation

I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for that
matter?

bonedaddy

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "bonedaddy" <I HATE
SPAM> wrote:

> I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
> November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for that
> matter?

Texas Monthly mag ain't a bad place to start for haute cuisine or steak
place recommendations. Check your hosts/locals for Q, though,
oftentimes the best Q comes from little dive-ass shacks in bad parts of
town.

monroe(the worse the better)
Condor Chef

"bonedaddy" <I HATE SPAM> wrote in message
> I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
> November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for that
> matter?
>
> bonedaddy

Which direction are you coming from?

CC

Fernster

If you are in Fort Worth stop by the Railhead BBQ...I would recommend
the chopped beef sandwich and homemade fries.
John Mahoney

"bonedaddy" <I HATE SPAM> wrote in message
I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for that
matter?

bonedaddy

I agree with the Railhead in Fort Worth Recommendation. It is located just
south of I-30 on Montgomery Street. I would also recommend Cousin's which
has two locations - McCart and on Bryant Irvin Road which are both south of
the 820 loop.
Sonny Bryans Smokehouse located in the West End of Dallas if you can't make
Fort Worth. The DFW area is a test market for a lot of startup places so
ask a local where they would eat. Come over to the Fort Worth Stockyards
and see the only daily Longhorn Cattle Drive at 11:30 and again at 4:00 PM.
Eat at the "Cattlemans" for great Steak.

Smokie

Ken Sternberg

As long as we're talking Texas, I'm going to San Antonio next week.
What's the best bbq there?
Steve Sanders

bonedaddy wrote:
> I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
> November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for that
> matter?
>
> bonedaddy

Just came back from a business trip to Dallas. Stumbled upon Red Hot and
Blue BBQ joint, http://redhotandblue.com/locations-texas.htm#Texas.
Service was outstanding, waitresses loved waiting on their customers,
and food was superb.

Herb Levy

In article >, Steve Sanders
> wrote:

> bonedaddy wrote:
> > I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
> > November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for that
> > matter?
> >
> > bonedaddy
> >

> Just came back from a business trip to Dallas. Stumbled upon Red Hot and
> Blue BBQ joint, http://redhotandblue.com/locations-texas.htm#Texas.
> Service was outstanding, waitresses loved waiting on their customers,
> and food was superb.

While Red Hot & Blue can be good, I'd hesitate to recommend a national
chain restaurant to anyone coming to North Texas when they can try some
of the local BBQ joints. & if service is really an issue, you might
should note that virtually all of these are cafeteria-style places. And
it might also be worth noting that only a few of these places are open
later than 9 PM.

In Fort Worth, Angelo's (2533 White Settlement Road) is still VERY
good, and the Railhead's (2900 Montgomery) up there. The brisket's the
main thing at either of these, though the ribs & chicken are better
than okay. There are a couple of newer places in FW (Red's 702 N
Henderson) I haven't been to enough to rate in comparison to these two.
For non-Texas style BBQ, you could try Dotch's (6524 Meadowbrook Dr) or
Robinson's (1028 E Berry St).

In Euless, not too far from the airport, North Main BBQ 406 N Main St)
may have the best ribs in the area & their brisket's pretty good too. &
they have a very reasonable all you can eat deal ($12.00, up from $10
the last time we were there). This place is only open Friday-Sunday,
though.

In Dallas, the original (it's now a chain) Sonny Bryan's (2202 Inwood
at Harry Hines) is worth going to for the charm & the huge onion rings,
but it can be VERY inconsistent. Also in Dallas, I've had pretty good
take out brisket from Baker's Ribs (2724 Commerce in Deep Ellum). I've
heard good things about Holy Smoke (8611 Hillcrest Ave) but haven't
been over there yet.

There's plenty of other places to eat in the Metroplex, but without
knowing what kind of food you're looking for, I'm going to stop here.
Monroe, of course...

In article >, Herb Levy
> wrote:

> While Red Hot & Blue can be good,<snip rest>

It can? How pray tell?

monroe(not in my wildest dreams/nightmares of "good")
bonedaddy

"Condor Chef" > wrote in message
> "bonedaddy" <I HATE SPAM> wrote in message
> > I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
> > November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for

that
> > matter?
> >
> > bonedaddy

> Which direction are you coming from?

I will be driving from Lubbock. Our plans are for now to leave Lubbock on
Friday morning and Drive to DFW. Saturday morning we are going to drive to
Waco and catch the TTU vs. Baylor game and drive back to DFW. Sunday we
will catch the Cowboys vs. Bill game and head back to Lubbock. A guys only
weekend of football, food and beer can it get any better?

Condor Chef

"bonedaddy" <I HATE SPAM> wrote in message

> "Condor Chef" > wrote in message
> > "bonedaddy" <I HATE SPAM> wrote in message
> > > I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area to attend a Cowboys game in
> > > November. Does anyone recommend any BBQ joints or any good eats for

> that
> > > matter?
> > >
> > > bonedaddy

> > Which direction are you coming from?

> I will be driving from Lubbock. Our plans are for now to leave Lubbock on
> Friday morning and Drive to DFW. Saturday morning we are going to drive

> Waco and catch the TTU vs. Baylor game and drive back to DFW. Sunday we
> will catch the Cowboys vs. Bill game and head back to Lubbock.

Didn't know where your home base was, figured if you were coming south on
I-35 I could recommend some places in OKC.

> A guys only
> weekend of football, food and beer can it get any better?

Nope.

CC

Herb Levy

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
g>...
> In article >, Herb Levy
> > wrote:
>
> > While Red Hot & Blue can be good,<snip rest>

> It can? How pray tell?

Uh, if you're somewhere like Spokane and the only other BBQ option is
something like Tony Roma's.

I figured the rest of my post would make it clear enough that I was
only being polite here.

>In Fort Worth, Angelo's (2533 White Settlement Road) is still VERY
>good, and the Railhead's (2900 Montgomery) up there. The brisket's the
>main thing at either of these, though the ribs & chicken are better
>than okay. There are a couple of newer places in FW (Red's 702 N
>Henderson) I haven't been to enough to rate in comparison to these two.
>For non-Texas style BBQ, you could try Dotch's (6524 Meadowbrook Dr) or
>Robinson's (1028 E Berry St).
>
>In Euless, not too far from the airport, North Main BBQ 406 N Main St)
>may have the best ribs in the area & their brisket's pretty good too. &
>they have a very reasonable all you can eat deal ($12.00, up from $10
>the last time we were there). This place is only open Friday-Sunday,
>though.

Railhead and North Main BBQ are favorites of mine. The Railhead location
on 121 (in Colleyville?) turns out a good product as well. If North Main
BBQ is the location of choice make sure that you bring your own beer or soda,
otherwise it's water and tea only I believe.

Herb Levy

In article >, >
wrote:

> >In Fort Worth, Angelo's (2533 White Settlement Road) is still VERY
> >good, and the Railhead's (2900 Montgomery) up there. The brisket's the
> >main thing at either of these, though the ribs & chicken are better
> >than okay. There are a couple of newer places in FW (Red's 702 N
> >Henderson) I haven't been to enough to rate in comparison to these two.
> >For non-Texas style BBQ, you could try Dotch's (6524 Meadowbrook Dr) or
> >Robinson's (1028 E Berry St).
> >
> >In Euless, not too far from the airport, North Main BBQ 406 N Main St)
> >may have the best ribs in the area & their brisket's pretty good too. &
> >they have a very reasonable all you can eat deal ($12.00, up from $10
> >the last time we were there). This place is only open Friday-Sunday,
> >though.

> Railhead and North Main BBQ are favorites of mine. The Railhead location
> on 121 (in Colleyville?) turns out a good product as well. If North Main
> BBQ is the location of choice make sure that you bring your own beer or soda,
> otherwise it's water and tea only I believe.

Last time we were at North Main, we noticed a vending machine in the
back stocked with soda. Not sure how long it's been there. But since
Euless isn't exactly Tokyo or anyplace else where you can buy alcoholic
beverages in vending machines, if you're looking for beer, you do still
have to bring your own.

& as long as I'm responding in this thread, my wife reminded me that
despite my previous mention that the DFW-area BBQ joints are
cafeteria-style, Angelo's DOES have table service in the evenings.

In fact, if you order at the counter and take your own food to a table
when the waitresses are working, you'll have a hard time getting any
service from a waitress.