Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Need a recommendation.

Hi
I want to start drinking wine with dinner for the health benefits, but
I'm not a real fan of the taste. Can someone suggest something thats
cheap and mild? Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Both cheap and mild are in the eye of the beholder.

Two possibilities:
Start in your local store, try Merlot or Shiraz wines in your budget.
While both Merlot and Syrah (Shiraz) can make big powerful reds, on the
low end they tend to light.

Try a hybrid-grape blend such as Taylor Lake Country red. They tend to
be light and a little sweet, and I believe lambrusca and hybrid grapes
have higher levels of resveratrol. If still too much for you, try
diluting with water or seltzer.

If one of these work for you, in a few months see if regular
consumption has made you more receptive to wine, and maybe then expand
to more "serious" wine.

I could give you lots of recommendations for lighter wines (Beaujolais,
Loire, CA) in the $10-15 range, but think if you're drinking for health
reasons alone you probably will be happier with a under $6 per 750
wine.
wrote:
> Hi
> I want to start drinking wine with dinner for the health benefits, but
> I'm not a real fan of the taste. Can someone suggest something thats
> cheap and mild? Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> Both cheap and mild are in the eye of the beholder.
>
> Two possibilities:
> Start in your local store, try Merlot or Shiraz wines in your budget.
> While both Merlot and Syrah (Shiraz) can make big powerful reds, on the
> low end they tend to light.
>
> Try a hybrid-grape blend such as Taylor Lake Country red. They tend to
> be light and a little sweet, and I believe lambrusca and hybrid grapes
> have higher levels of resveratrol. If still too much for you, try
> diluting with water or seltzer.
>
> If one of these work for you, in a few months see if regular
> consumption has made you more receptive to wine, and maybe then expand
> to more "serious" wine.
>
> I could give you lots of recommendations for lighter wines (Beaujolais,
> Loire, CA) in the $10-15 range, but think if you're drinking for health
> reasons alone you probably will be happier with a under $6 per 750
> wine.

As usual, horrible advice. If the poster is not a "fan of the taste",
why recommend under $6/bottle wine? It's not typically going to be a
good bottle! And do we need to encourage the drinking of Merlot? You're
just perverted and sick. This is garbage advice.

Posted to alt.food.wine

wrote:
>> Hi
>> I want to start drinking wine with dinner for the health benefits, but
>> I'm not a real fan of the taste. Can someone suggest something thats
>> cheap and mild? Thanks.

I'm always a bit fascinated by folks who "don't like the taste" but
are ready to jump on the "wine for health" bandwagon. It seems to fit
the "I read Playboy for the articles" gambit. Might even be reflective
of a Bible Belt upbringing that equated alcoholic beverages with
various levels of damnation.

That being said, it should be noted that resveratrol is mentioned in
the news releases that I read about this research as being available
directly in health food stores. Might be better to bypass the
middle-man and simply pop a pill. Stock up on some multi-vitamins at
the same time and be sure to add a statin to handle cholesterol
issues.

But if our sinister.genius really wants wine that's "cheap and mild"
there's a lot of stuff out there. By "mild" I assume not bitter, acid
or with overwhelming tannins. "Cheap" I understand.

Suggestions:

Box wines, like Black Box--somewhat more upscale in quality than the
Franzia plonk, but inexpensive and with reasonable flavors.

Low end, mass-distributed super-market wines like Corbett Canyon or
Bella Serra in blends or generic names like "hearty red" or "chianti".

Some samplings of shiraz/syrah, zinfandel, beaujolais or valpolicella.
Pinot noir fits the mild, but usually not the cheap requirement.

Try some things, remember what you liked, then return to a dealer and
ask for "something like xxx, but a little more yyy". Lather, rinse,
repeat through a couple of iterations and you'll have your daily dose
of resveratrol.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

If you are looking for wines that don't taste like wine.....try
Beringer zinfindel or a German Riesling from Mosel....very sweet wines.
Taste like candy really.

The Zinfin is around 6.00 a bottle. The Rieslings can go from 15.00 to
50.00. But soooooo goood. The sommelier at Jean Georges told me
about Dr Loosen Riesling. 25.00 a bottle at the liquor store is good
stuff. Highly recommended is the Gutsabfullung creenigte Hospitien
Trier-Hope the spelling is right LOL It's a Spalese. $30.00 of pure
joy.

Happy Drinking

Ed Rasimus wrote:
> [...]

> issues.
>
> But if our sinister.genius really wants wine that's "cheap and mild"
> there's a lot of stuff out there. By "mild" I assume not bitter, acid
> or with overwhelming tannins. "Cheap" I understand.
>
> Suggestions:
>
> Box wines, like Black Box--somewhat more upscale in quality than the
> Franzia plonk, but inexpensive and with reasonable flavors.
>
> Low end, mass-distributed super-market wines like Corbett Canyon or
> Bella Serra in blends or generic names like "hearty red" or "chianti".
>
> Some samplings of shiraz/syrah, zinfandel, beaujolais or valpolicella.
> Pinot noir fits the mild, but usually not the cheap requirement.
>
> Try some things, remember what you liked, then return to a dealer and
> ask for "something like xxx, but a little more yyy". Lather, rinse,
> repeat through a couple of iterations and you'll have your daily dose

Posted to alt.food.wine

I'd agree tht white Zinfandel or offdry to sweet Riesling appeal to
some non-wine drinkers, but I'm assuming if OP is looking for health
benefits he/she wants red. While alcohol in general appears to have
some health benefits in moderation, it is red wine that contains
significant amounts of resveratrol (and possibly other substances with
anti-oxididant or related properties). Zinfandel grapes certainly have
resveratrol in skin, but the method of making blush wines (I'm assuming
that's what you referred to based on sweetness comments) would appear
to not lead to a lot of resveratrol in the wine.

As native American (and hybrid) grapes have higher resveratrol, if one
is drinking for medicinal purposes why not drink those? Especially
since most are made in slightly sweet style and are cheap.

Stevie wrote:
> [...]

> > issues.
> >
> > But if our sinister.genius really wants wine that's "cheap and mild"
> > there's a lot of stuff out there. By "mild" I assume not bitter, acid
> > or with overwhelming tannins. "Cheap" I understand.
> >
> > Suggestions:
> >
> > Box wines, like Black Box--somewhat more upscale in quality than the
> > Franzia plonk, but inexpensive and with reasonable flavors.
> >
> > Low end, mass-distributed super-market wines like Corbett Canyon or
> > Bella Serra in blends or generic names like "hearty red" or "chianti".
> >
> > Some samplings of shiraz/syrah, zinfandel, beaujolais or valpolicella.
> > Pinot noir fits the mild, but usually not the cheap requirement.
> >
> > Try some things, remember what you liked, then return to a dealer and
> > ask for "something like xxx, but a little more yyy". Lather, rinse,
> > repeat through a couple of iterations and you'll have your daily dose

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> I'd agree tht white Zinfandel or offdry to sweet Riesling appeal to
> some non-wine drinkers, but I'm assuming if OP is looking for health
> benefits he/she wants red. While alcohol in general appears to have
> some health benefits in moderation, it is red wine that contains
> significant amounts of resveratrol (and possibly other substances with
> anti-oxididant or related properties). Zinfandel grapes certainly have
> resveratrol in skin, but the method of making blush wines (I'm assuming
> that's what you referred to based on sweetness comments) would appear
> to not lead to a lot of resveratrol in the wine.
>
> As native American (and hybrid) grapes have higher resveratrol, if one
> is drinking for medicinal purposes why not drink those? Especially
> since most are made in slightly sweet style and are cheap.

To recommend native American wine is a new low and beneath contempt,
even for you.. Not even the American Indians made wine from those
grapes.

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> I'd agree tht white Zinfandel or offdry to sweet Riesling appeal to
> some non-wine drinkers, but I'm assuming if OP is looking for health
> benefits he/she wants red. While alcohol in general appears to have
> some health benefits in moderation, it is red wine that contains
> significant amounts of resveratrol (and possibly other substances with
> anti-oxididant or related properties). Zinfandel grapes certainly have
> resveratrol in skin, but the method of making blush wines (I'm assuming
> that's what you referred to based on sweetness comments) would appear
> to not lead to a lot of resveratrol in the wine.
>
> As native American (and hybrid) grapes have higher resveratrol, if one
> is drinking for medicinal purposes why not drink those? Especially
> since most are made in slightly sweet style and are cheap.

Dale,
I think that you're misremembering the data. IIRC, the greatest
resveratrol content was found in a Dr. Konstantin Frank Pinot Noir. I
recall thinking how counterintuitive it is that a paler red wine like PN
had more resveratrol than some inky dark wine like Tannat. Here's a
link to a Cornell fluff piece:

http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicl...sveratrol.html

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

I feel sorry for you about your condemnation of hybrid grapes. Obviously
you never had a Montbray Sevye Villard aka Seyval Blanc or a Late Harvest
Ravat or Vidal Blanc from New York, Ontario or British Columbia. Dr. Ham
Mowbray is long gone but he taught a whole generation of winemakers that
seyval aged well and was an excellent alternative to chardonnay.
"UC" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> DaleW wrote:
> > I'd agree tht white Zinfandel or offdry to sweet Riesling appeal to
> > some non-wine drinkers, but I'm assuming if OP is looking for health
> > benefits he/she wants red. While alcohol in general appears to have
> > some health benefits in moderation, it is red wine that contains
> > significant amounts of resveratrol (and possibly other substances with
> > anti-oxididant or related properties). Zinfandel grapes certainly have
> > resveratrol in skin, but the method of making blush wines (I'm assuming
> > that's what you referred to based on sweetness comments) would appear
> > to not lead to a lot of resveratrol in the wine.
> >
> > As native American (and hybrid) grapes have higher resveratrol, if one
> > is drinking for medicinal purposes why not drink those? Especially
> > since most are made in slightly sweet style and are cheap.

> To recommend native American wine is a new low and beneath contempt,
> even for you.. Not even the American Indians made wine from those
> grapes.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Joe "Beppe"Rosenberg wrote:
> I feel sorry for you about your condemnation of hybrid grapes.

Sorry if I was not clear. I was referring to NATIVE AMerican grapes,
such as Concord.

> Obviously
> you never had a Montbray Sevye Villard aka Seyval Blanc or a Late Harvest
> Ravat or Vidal Blanc from New York, Ontario or British Columbia. Dr. Ham
> Mowbray is long gone but he taught a whole generation of winemakers that
> seyval aged well and was an excellent alternative to chardonnay.
> "UC" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> >
> > DaleW wrote:
> > > I'd agree tht white Zinfandel or offdry to sweet Riesling appeal to
> > > some non-wine drinkers, but I'm assuming if OP is looking for health
> > > benefits he/she wants red. While alcohol in general appears to have
> > > some health benefits in moderation, it is red wine that contains
> > > significant amounts of resveratrol (and possibly other substances with
> > > anti-oxididant or related properties). Zinfandel grapes certainly have
> > > resveratrol in skin, but the method of making blush wines (I'm assuming
> > > that's what you referred to based on sweetness comments) would appear
> > > to not lead to a lot of resveratrol in the wine.
> > >
> > > As native American (and hybrid) grapes have higher resveratrol, if one
> > > is drinking for medicinal purposes why not drink those? Especially
> > > since most are made in slightly sweet style and are cheap.

> > To recommend native American wine is a new low and beneath contempt,
> > even for you.. Not even the American Indians made wine from those
> > grapes.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mark,
while I did know that cooler wetter climates (Hudson Valley and Finger
Lakes in particular) showed higher levels of resveratrol than the same
grapes from elsewhere (I believe the theory is its an antifungal), I'm
pretty sure there were studies that showed higher levels in native
American grapes (especially muscadine*) and hybrids than in vinifera.
Getting together dinner for David & I, will research later tonight or
tomorrow. In any case Lake Country Red would still qualify as light,
easy, a little sweet, and high in resveratrol!

cheers, Dale
* which is why muscadine I believe is the source for the resveratrol
pills that Ed mentioned. I just heard a piece on radio driving home,
seems there is some evidence that the pill extract might have oxidative
issues compared to having it in grape skins or wine.

Mark Lipton wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > I'd agree tht white Zinfandel or offdry to sweet Riesling appeal to
> > some non-wine drinkers, but I'm assuming if OP is looking for health
> > benefits he/she wants red. While alcohol in general appears to have
> > some health benefits in moderation, it is red wine that contains
> > significant amounts of resveratrol (and possibly other substances with
> > anti-oxididant or related properties). Zinfandel grapes certainly have
> > resveratrol in skin, but the method of making blush wines (I'm assuming
> > that's what you referred to based on sweetness comments) would appear
> > to not lead to a lot of resveratrol in the wine.
> >
> > As native American (and hybrid) grapes have higher resveratrol, if one
> > is drinking for medicinal purposes why not drink those? Especially
> > since most are made in slightly sweet style and are cheap.

> Dale,
> I think that you're misremembering the data. IIRC, the greatest
> resveratrol content was found in a Dr. Konstantin Frank Pinot Noir. I
> recall thinking how counterintuitive it is that a paler red wine like PN
> had more resveratrol than some inky dark wine like Tannat. Here's a
> link to a Cornell fluff piece:
>
> http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicl...sveratrol.html
>
> Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

For someone who doesn't like the taste of wine, but wants the health
benefits it would be a disservice to recommend any wine at all. The
core health benefit comes from the polyphenols in the skins, and that
means the real benefits only come from intense, bitter reds.

My personal recommendation would be to drink tea, which also has
significant amounts of polyphenols. Leave those big syrahs and barolos
to those of us who love them

Keith Wallace
The Wine School of Philadelphia
http://www.vinology.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

wsop wrote:
> For someone who doesn't like the taste of wine, but wants the health
> benefits it would be a disservice to recommend any wine at all. The
> core health benefit comes from the polyphenols in the skins, and that
> means the real benefits only come from intense, bitter reds.

But if resveratrol is the main source of the health benefits, as is
seeming more and more likely these days, the wines with the highest
resveratrol content are Pinot Noirs and Chiantis, neither known for
their intense bitterness.

> My personal recommendation would be to drink tea, which also has
> significant amounts of polyphenols. Leave those big syrahs and barolos
> to those of us who love them

But tea has little to no resveratrol (see the links I provided in the
recent thread on resveratrol). And who says tea isn't bitter? ;-)

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi wrote:

>> Resveratrol tablets.

> I think Vilco's humorous point is, you don't drink for health reasons.
> Overall, drinking wine is probably not so good for you anyhow.

Exactly.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to alt.food.wine

Try real red grape Juice.

"wsop" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> For someone who doesn't like the taste of wine, but wants the health
> benefits it would be a disservice to recommend any wine at all. The
> core health benefit comes from the polyphenols in the skins, and that
> means the real benefits only come from intense, bitter reds.
>
> My personal recommendation would be to drink tea, which also has
> significant amounts of polyphenols. Leave those big syrahs and barolos
> to those of us who love them
>
> Keith Wallace
> The Wine School of Philadelphia
> http://www.vinology.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

sibeer wrote:
> Try real red grape Juice.

It's been shown that unfermented grape juice contains next to no
resveratrol. So it's either wine or resveratrol tablets.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default resveratrol

Mark:
1. Are there different brands of resveratrol?

2. If so, is there a Resveratrol Spectator that can delineate the best
brand?

3. What about a separate newsgroup alt.food.resveratrol?

4. When will we see the phrase in the Resveratrol Advocate: "hedonistic" and
"gobs and gobs of resveratrol"?

5. Will there be a white resveratrol of at least a resveratrol-lite?
"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message
> sibeer wrote:
> > Try real red grape Juice.

> It's been shown that unfermented grape juice contains next to no
> resveratrol. So it's either wine or resveratrol tablets.
>
> Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

Joe "Beppe"Rosenberg wrote:
> Mark:
> 1. Are there different brands of resveratrol?

Yes, I have made over 80 different versions of it, soon to be marketed
under the name WhineForHealth™ (catchy, huh?). And I've got
competetion. Dr. Sinclair's got a commercial ventu Sirtris
Pharmaceuticals. My molecules get a higher score in the Resveratrol
Spec, though.

> 2. If so, is there a Resveratrol Spectator that can delineate the best
> brand?

Nature has the best reviews. See the most recent issue for details ;-)

> 3. What about a separate newsgroup alt.food.resveratrol?

I'll get right on it. Cmsg newgroup on the way!

> 4. When will we see the phrase in the Resveratrol Advocate: "hedonistic" and
> "gobs and gobs of resveratrol"?

Already on the way.

> 5. Will there be a white resveratrol of at least a resveratrol-lite?

I'll get right on it ;-)

Mark "Mr. Resveratrol" Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

If made from French wine would their be a difference by California or
Australia.

It there different levels based upon where grown? Or is all Red the same?

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message
> Joe "Beppe"Rosenberg wrote:
>> Mark:
>> 1. Are there different brands of resveratrol?

> Yes, I have made over 80 different versions of it, soon to be marketed
> under the name WhineForHealth™ (catchy, huh?). And I've got
> competetion. Dr. Sinclair's got a commercial ventu Sirtris
> Pharmaceuticals. My molecules get a higher score in the Resveratrol
> Spec, though.
>

>> 2. If so, is there a Resveratrol Spectator that can delineate the best
>> brand?

> Nature has the best reviews. See the most recent issue for details ;-)
>>
>> 3. What about a separate newsgroup alt.food.resveratrol?

> I'll get right on it. Cmsg newgroup on the way!
>>
>> 4. When will we see the phrase in the Resveratrol Advocate: "hedonistic"
>> and
>> "gobs and gobs of resveratrol"?

> Already on the way.
>>
>> 5. Will there be a white resveratrol of at least a resveratrol-lite?

> I'll get right on it ;-)
>
> Mark "Mr. Resveratrol" Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:40:52 GMT, "Richard Neidich"
> wrote:

>If made from French wine would their be a difference by California or
>Australia.

It goes almost without saying that European Resveratrol is superior to
New World resveratrol (please note capitalization for Euro, which is
an official DOC/AOG. The California use of capitalized Resveratrol is
presently pending litigation in the World Court where the Venezulan
judge is expected to recommend severe penalties.)

Australia is beginning to successfully market a very aggressive
dietetic resveratrol which actually has caused several early tasters
to simply disappear from view in bright sunlight.

Some disagreement exists among prominent resveratrol testers on the
aging potential of New World bottlings. They seem to like the
aggressive fat attack along with the almost lardy mouthfeel of
California products, but decry the lack of subtlety and nuance with
made the French product so world-renowned.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

Interestingly, there are claims that Resveratol is actually a
Dalamatian polyphenolic phytoalexin known as Plavic Christov.

Ed Rasimus wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:40:52 GMT, "Richard Neidich"
> > wrote:
>
> >If made from French wine would their be a difference by California or
> >Australia.

> It goes almost without saying that European Resveratrol is superior to
> New World resveratrol (please note capitalization for Euro, which is
> an official DOC/AOG. The California use of capitalized Resveratrol is
> presently pending litigation in the World Court where the Venezulan
> judge is expected to recommend severe penalties.)
>
> Australia is beginning to successfully market a very aggressive
> dietetic resveratrol which actually has caused several early tasters
> to simply disappear from view in bright sunlight.
>
> Some disagreement exists among prominent resveratrol testers on the
> aging potential of New World bottlings. They seem to like the
> aggressive fat attack along with the almost lardy mouthfeel of
> California products, but decry the lack of subtlety and nuance with
> made the French product so world-renowned.
>
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> www.thunderchief.org
> www.thundertales.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

Interestingly, there are claims that Resveratrol is actually a

Ed Rasimus wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:40:52 GMT, "Richard Neidich"
> > wrote:
>
> >If made from French wine would their be a difference by California or
> >Australia.

> It goes almost without saying that European Resveratrol is superior to
> New World resveratrol (please note capitalization for Euro, which is
> an official DOC/AOG. The California use of capitalized Resveratrol is
> presently pending litigation in the World Court where the Venezulan
> judge is expected to recommend severe penalties.)
>
> Australia is beginning to successfully market a very aggressive
> dietetic resveratrol which actually has caused several early tasters
> to simply disappear from view in bright sunlight.
>
> Some disagreement exists among prominent resveratrol testers on the
> aging potential of New World bottlings. They seem to like the
> aggressive fat attack along with the almost lardy mouthfeel of
> California products, but decry the lack of subtlety and nuance with
> made the French product so world-renowned.
>
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> www.thunderchief.org
> www.thundertales.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 3 Nov 2006 10:03:24 -0800, "DaleW" > wrote:

>Interestingly, there are claims that Resveratol is actually a
>Dalamatian polyphenolic phytoalexin known as Plavic Christov.

I'm sorry, but I must caution you against the use of such language in
an otherwise family friendly newsgroup.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

Ed Rasimus wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I must caution you against the use of such language in
> an otherwise family friendly newsgroup.

There go all my Colorado Springs jokes!

Posted to alt.food.wine

Good point, Mark

I was not referring to resveratrol but to the health benefits in
general--this thread did seem to change focus from the original posters
question. Resveratrol (3,5,4prime-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is one of
the main polyphenols in wine, and derived from the skins of grapes.

I am not familiar with any studies that show overall levels of
different red varietals. Could you send them my way?

Keith
http://www.vinology.com

Mark Lipton wrote:
> wsop wrote:
> > For someone who doesn't like the taste of wine, but wants the health
> > benefits it would be a disservice to recommend any wine at all. The
> > core health benefit comes from the polyphenols in the skins, and that
> > means the real benefits only come from intense, bitter reds.

> But if resveratrol is the main source of the health benefits, as is
> seeming more and more likely these days, the wines with the highest
> resveratrol content are Pinot Noirs and Chiantis, neither known for
> their intense bitterness.
>

> > My personal recommendation would be to drink tea, which also has
> > significant amounts of polyphenols. Leave those big syrahs and barolos
> > to those of us who love them

> But tea has little to no resveratrol (see the links I provided in the
> recent thread on resveratrol). And who says tea isn't bitter? ;-)
>
> Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

I would imagine there should be a superior rating for vintage resveratrol
pill salso. Single vineyard as well. We could immediately enhance the
hype.

Side affect might include but not limited to cravings for lamb, duck, liver.
Therefore we should also market lamb pills, duck pills, liver pills.

Lamb could be COO (country of origen) Aus, NZ, American etc.

We could be pill pushers.

"Ed Rasimus" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:40:52 GMT, "Richard Neidich"
> > wrote:
>
>>If made from French wine would their be a difference by California or
>>Australia.

> It goes almost without saying that European Resveratrol is superior to
> New World resveratrol (please note capitalization for Euro, which is
> an official DOC/AOG. The California use of capitalized Resveratrol is
> presently pending litigation in the World Court where the Venezulan
> judge is expected to recommend severe penalties.)
>
> Australia is beginning to successfully market a very aggressive
> dietetic resveratrol which actually has caused several early tasters
> to simply disappear from view in bright sunlight.
>
> Some disagreement exists among prominent resveratrol testers on the
> aging potential of New World bottlings. They seem to like the
> aggressive fat attack along with the almost lardy mouthfeel of
> California products, but decry the lack of subtlety and nuance with
> made the French product so world-renowned.
>
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> www.thunderchief.org
> www.thundertales.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 3 Nov 2006 10:32:11 -0800, "DaleW" > wrote:

>Ed Rasimus wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I must caution you against the use of such language in
>> an otherwise family friendly newsgroup.

>There go all my Colorado Springs jokes!

You can feel free to tell them. Since August of '05 I've lived in
Whitesboro TX--a small town of about 3000 people roughly 55 miles
straight N. of Dallas.

Gave away my snow shovel when I moved and haven't missed it. Plus
there is real oxygen in the air at this elevation.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

> It is marketed as tablets in North America and Iceland under the name Z'in-Fun-Dale

Beware of the imitation: Z'in-Fun-DaleW.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Stevie" > skrev i melding
ps.com...
> ...Highly recommended is the Gutsabfullung creenigte Hospitien
> Trier-Hope the spelling is right LOL It's a Spalese. $30.00 of pure
> joy.

LOL :-)
Gutsabfuellung Vereinigte Hospitien, Trier. It's a Spaetlese.
Or in English: Winery bottling, United Hospitals at Trier. It's a Late
Harvest.

Anders