Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

Default Kiwi Pie?

Has anyone ever made a "Kiwi Pie"?
http://www.calharvest.com/fresh.html

Since I have a bunch of kiwi's and I see how good they are for you, I was
wondering how else I could use them and more often. Of course, the sugar
doesn't appeal to me - but I always use less than they say.

What about kiwi's made sort of like an apple sauce is made? Does anyone eat
kiwi's like that? Or something similar?

Thanks,
Dee Dee

Old 06-01-2006, 02:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 05 Jan 2006 06:41:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

Has anyone ever made a "Kiwi Pie"?
http://www.calharvest.com/fresh.html

Since I have a bunch of kiwi's and I see how good they are for you, I
was wondering how else I could use them and more often. Of course, the
sugar doesn't appeal to me - but I always use less than they say.

What about kiwi's made sort of like an apple sauce is made? Does anyone
eat kiwi's like that? Or something similar?

Some years ago a friend asked if I could make a kiwi pie for them. I ended
up making one as you would make a banana cream pie, replacing the sliced
bananas with sliced kiwis. It was delicious. I don't know why I never
made it again.

Of course, that sort of pie would likely be sweeter than what you're
thinking of.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
Old 06-01-2006, 02:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Dee Randall" wrote:

Has anyone ever made a "Kiwi Pie"?
http://www.calharvest.com/fresh.html

Since I have a bunch of kiwi's and I see how good they are for you, I was
wondering how else I could use them and more often. Of course, the sugar
doesn't appeal to me - but I always use less than they say.

What about kiwi's made sort of like an apple sauce is made? Does anyone eat
kiwi's like that? Or something similar?

Thanks,
Dee Dee

My sister freezes them, then slices the top off and scoops out the
frozen fruit. It comes out like a sorbet. :-)
--
Om.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
"Dee Randall" wrote:

Has anyone ever made a "Kiwi Pie"?
http://www.calharvest.com/fresh.html

Since I have a bunch of kiwi's and I see how good they are for you, I was
wondering how else I could use them and more often. Of course, the sugar
doesn't appeal to me - but I always use less than they say.

What about kiwi's made sort of like an apple sauce is made? Does anyone
eat
kiwi's like that? Or something similar?

Thanks,
Dee Dee

My sister freezes them, then slices the top off and scoops out the
frozen fruit. It comes out like a sorbet. :-)
--
Om.

OK, that's great; I can taste it now. Also, that gives me the idea to use
them as the ice in the vita-mix with a banana or something else sweet, and
milk or yogurt for a smoothie.

I've seen pies, Wayne, with the slices of kiwi on top. Perhaps I might
start with a 'tart.' Isn't that just an itty-bitty pie? Thanks.
Dee Dee

Kiwi liqueur jjosee General 0 25-01-2011 06:27 PM
Kiwi El Niño-Naveb General Cooking 0 31-12-2008 02:22 PM
Kiwi berries Julie Bove Diabetic 3 05-11-2008 06:14 AM
How To Prepare A Kiwi Yeff General Cooking 5 16-01-2006 07:40 PM
Kiwi... Steve Thompson Winemaking 11 10-08-2004 06:42 PM