Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Kiwi berries

Anyone know what these are? I bought a package for my daughter and as often
happens with food I buy for her, I threw them out, all rotten and shriveled.
I was the only one to try one. They looked like miniature kiwi fruits and
tasted like kiwis. I only took the tiniest bite, peel and all. I don't
really like kiwis.

Are these just some miniature form of kiwis? They seemed to keep for a lot
longer than the larger kiwis would. The directions said to keep them until
they began to turn black and shrivel and then they would keep for up to 2
weeks in the refrigerator. I think these kept for a couple of weeks beyond
that.

I'm not saying these are good for diabetics. Don't know one way or the
other. Just curious.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Otis" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:44:38 -0800, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone know what these are? I bought a package for my daughter and as
>>often
>>happens with food I buy for her, I threw them out, all rotten and
>>shriveled.
>>I was the only one to try one. They looked like miniature kiwi fruits and
>>tasted like kiwis. I only took the tiniest bite, peel and all. I don't
>>really like kiwis.
>>
>>Are these just some miniature form of kiwis? They seemed to keep for a
>>lot
>>longer than the larger kiwis would. The directions said to keep them
>>until
>>they began to turn black and shrivel and then they would keep for up to 2
>>weeks in the refrigerator. I think these kept for a couple of weeks
>>beyond
>>that.
>>
>>I'm not saying these are good for diabetics. Don't know one way or the
>>other. Just curious.
>>

> http://www.kiwiberry.com/kiwi%20berries%20css.htm

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Otis" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:44:38 -0800, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone know what these are? I bought a package for my daughter and as
>>often
>>happens with food I buy for her, I threw them out, all rotten and
>>shriveled.
>>I was the only one to try one. They looked like miniature kiwi fruits and
>>tasted like kiwis. I only took the tiniest bite, peel and all. I don't
>>really like kiwis.
>>
>>Are these just some miniature form of kiwis? They seemed to keep for a
>>lot
>>longer than the larger kiwis would. The directions said to keep them
>>until
>>they began to turn black and shrivel and then they would keep for up to 2
>>weeks in the refrigerator. I think these kept for a couple of weeks
>>beyond
>>that.
>>
>>I'm not saying these are good for diabetics. Don't know one way or the
>>other. Just curious.
>>

> http://www.kiwiberry.com/kiwi%20berries%20css.htm

..
Looks high enough in carbohydrates other than fiber that diabetics should
test the effect on theit bG measurements if they want to try any.

Also, one of the nutrients looks like it has enough effect on blood clotting
that stroke victims should watch out about the effects of eating very much.

Kiwi El Niño-Naveb General Cooking 0 31-12-2008 02:22 PM
Kiwi sweetener Pamala S Brewer Diabetic 7 01-04-2006 04:42 AM
How To Prepare A Kiwi Yeff General Cooking 5 16-01-2006 07:40 PM
Kiwi Pie? Dee Randall General Cooking 3 06-01-2006 03:06 AM
Kiwi... Steve Thompson Winemaking 11 10-08-2004 06:42 PM