Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

Default Kiwi Pie?

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever made a "Kiwi Pie"?
>> http://www.calharvest.com/fresh.html
>>
>> Since I have a bunch of kiwi's and I see how good they are for you, I was
>> wondering how else I could use them and more often. Of course, the sugar
>> doesn't appeal to me - but I always use less than they say.
>>
>> What about kiwi's made sort of like an apple sauce is made? Does anyone
>> eat
>> kiwi's like that? Or something similar?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dee Dee
>>

> My sister freezes them, then slices the top off and scoops out the
> frozen fruit. It comes out like a sorbet. :-)
> --
> Om.

OK, that's great; I can taste it now. Also, that gives me the idea to use
them as the ice in the vita-mix with a banana or something else sweet, and
milk or yogurt for a smoothie.

I've seen pies, Wayne, with the slices of kiwi on top. Perhaps I might
start with a 'tart.' Isn't that just an itty-bitty pie? Thanks.
Dee Dee