Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

Default REC Hot Artichoke Dip(s)

You can tell I'm cleaning up my files. :-)

A few years ago, a friend gave me a couple of recipes for hot
artichoke dip, both of which are nearly the same as one found on
Hellman's/Best Foods mayo jars. One of hers did have some crab in
it (and it was so good!), but not everyone likes that, so I put all
the common ingredients in a single recipe and included info on
variations. With the holiday season upon us, I thought some of you
might be interested -- I plan to make the crab version for my New
Year's Eve gathering this year:

Hot Artichoke Dip

1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
1 C. mayonaisse
1 C. grated parmesan
1 clove garlic, finely chopped

Mix all thoroughly and spoon into glass casserole dish;
bake for 20-25 minutes at 350° F. Serve hot with bread
or crackers for dipping.

Variations:

Add 1 can (5-7 oz.) white crab meat or shrimp

Add 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, drained, chopped

Substitute the 1 C. of mayonaisse with ½ C. sour cream
and ½ C. mayonaisse.

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris

"S'mee" > wrote in message
> You can tell I'm cleaning up my files. :-)
>
> A few years ago, a friend gave me a couple of recipes for hot
> artichoke dip, both of which are nearly the same as one found on
> Hellman's/Best Foods mayo jars. One of hers did have some crab in
> it (and it was so good!), but not everyone likes that, so I put all
> the common ingredients in a single recipe and included info on
> variations. With the holiday season upon us, I thought some of you
> might be interested -- I plan to make the crab version for my New
> Year's Eve gathering this year:
>
> Hot Artichoke Dip
>
> 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
> 1 C. mayonaisse
> 1 C. grated parmesan
> 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
>
> Mix all thoroughly and spoon into glass casserole dish;
> bake for 20-25 minutes at 350° F. Serve hot with bread
> or crackers for dipping.
>
> Variations:
>
> Add 1 can (5-7 oz.) white crab meat or shrimp
>
> Add 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, drained, chopped
>
> Substitute the 1 C. of mayonaisse with ½ C. sour cream
> and ½ C. mayonaisse.

Another variation.....add a cup of shredded mozzarella (like it needs more
cheese!!). A little over the top, but good.

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, "Chris" > said:
> "S'mee" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Hot Artichoke Dip
> >
> > 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
> > 1 C. mayonaisse
> > 1 C. grated parmesan
> > 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
> >
> > Mix all thoroughly and spoon into glass casserole dish;
> > bake for 20-25 minutes at 350° F. Serve hot with bread
> > or crackers for dipping.
> >
> > Variations:
> >
> > Add 1 can (5-7 oz.) white crab meat or shrimp
> >
> > Add 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, drained, chopped
> >
> > Substitute the 1 C. of mayonaisse with ½ C. sour cream
> > and ½ C. mayonaisse.

> Another variation.....add a cup of shredded mozzarella (like it needs more
> cheese!!). A little over the top, but good.

I'll add that to my list, thanks Chris... :-)

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 04 Nov 2005 11:49:05a, S'mee wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> One time on Usenet, "Chris" > said:
>> "S'mee" > wrote in message

> <snip>
>
>> > Hot Artichoke Dip
>> >
>> > 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
>> > 1 C. mayonaisse
>> > 1 C. grated parmesan
>> > 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
>> >
>> > Mix all thoroughly and spoon into glass casserole dish;
>> > bake for 20-25 minutes at 350° F. Serve hot with bread
>> > or crackers for dipping.
>> >
>> > Variations:
>> >
>> > Add 1 can (5-7 oz.) white crab meat or shrimp
>> >
>> > Add 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, drained, chopped
>> >
>> > Substitute the 1 C. of mayonaisse with ½ C. sour cream and ½ C.
>> > mayonaisse.

>> Another variation.....add a cup of shredded mozzarella (like it needs
>> more cheese!!). A little over the top, but good.

> I'll add that to my list, thanks Chris... :-)

Another varation is to use *marinated* artichoke hearts, well-drained.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charlotte L. Blackmer

In article >,
S'mee > wrote:
>You can tell I'm cleaning up my files. :-)
>
>A few years ago, a friend gave me a couple of recipes for hot
>artichoke dip, both of which are nearly the same as one found on
>Hellman's/Best Foods mayo jars. One of hers did have some crab in
>it (and it was so good!), but not everyone likes that, so I put all
>the common ingredients in a single recipe and included info on
>variations. With the holiday season upon us, I thought some of you
>might be interested -- I plan to make the crab version for my New
>Year's Eve gathering this year:
>
>Hot Artichoke Dip
>
>1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
>1 C. mayonaisse
>1 C. grated parmesan
>1 clove garlic, finely chopped
>
>Mix all thoroughly and spoon into glass casserole dish;
>bake for 20-25 minutes at 350° F. Serve hot with bread
>or crackers for dipping.
>
>Variations:
>
>Add 1 can (5-7 oz.) white crab meat or shrimp
>
>Add 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, drained, chopped
>
>Substitute the 1 C. of mayonaisse with ½ C. sour cream
>and ½ C. mayonaisse.

I discovered artichoke dip last year (surprising, as I live in Northern
California, but it's true) and love it.

I usually chop the 'chokes in the FP with some olive oil, which allows me
to get away with about a quarter cup of mayo for 1 can 'chokes and 1 cup
cheese.

The crab variant sounds mighty tasty!

Charlotte
http://loveandcooking.blogspot.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:58:20 +0000 (UTC), Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:
> I discovered artichoke dip last year (surprising, as I live in Northern
> California, but it's true) and love it.
>
> I usually chop the 'chokes in the FP with some olive oil, which allows me
> to get away with about a quarter cup of mayo for 1 can 'chokes and 1 cup
> cheese.

Christine, if your real recipe varies significantly from the above,
please email a reacipe to me!

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene

S'mee wrote:

> You can tell I'm cleaning up my files. :-)
>
> A few years ago, a friend gave me a couple of recipes for hot
> artichoke dip, both of which are nearly the same as one found on
> Hellman's/Best Foods mayo jars. One of hers did have some crab in
> it (and it was so good!), but not everyone likes that, so I put all
> the common ingredients in a single recipe and included info on
> variations. With the holiday season upon us, I thought some of you
> might be interested -- I plan to make the crab version for my New
> Year's Eve gathering this year:

Thanks! I bought a chafing dish yesterday for Thanksgiving's
brie-fruit-nut appetizer, and I was just telling Carol (not Damsel -- my
Carol) that I'll take hot artichoke dip to her Christmas open house.
Now I don't have to go hunt down a recipe. :-)

serene

artichoke sub Gus[_3_] General Cooking 1 05-08-2014 12:43 AM
Hot Artichoke Dip International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 25-03-2008 03:04 AM
E-Z Artichoke Dip Elderberry Blossom Vegan 0 08-05-2007 01:55 PM
Artichoke Dip Monique Recipes (moderated) 0 28-09-2006 04:57 AM
LC-REC - Artichoke Dip Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 18 08-02-2005 08:09 AM