Posted to rec.food.cooking
Back to Chris

Default Thanksgiving Dinner

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> Got the final head count last night. There will only be 18 instead of 22
> people. I've finally decided on a partial menu and other family members
> will insist on bringing something. I would prefer they didn't but ya'
> know
> how the relatives are. Here is a partial list:

(Amazing feast details snipped for brevity)

Wow, soup *and* two meats *and* all those yummy sides *and* all those
desserts?

> Relatives are bringing other desserts and some are bringing big salads.

What, they're afraid there won't be enough???

> It's not going to be fancy but I'll bet I take the usual snooze
> afterwards.

Have the relatives do the dishes. Those who haven't exploded from all that
food, that is.

I'd be in trouble at your house, Michael. I have to try everything, and I
think that meal might just do me in!

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:37:57 GMT, Back to Chris wrote:

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> > Got the final head count last night. There will only be 18 instead of 22
> > people. I've finally decided on a partial menu and other family members
> > will insist on bringing something. I would prefer they didn't but ya'
> > know
> > how the relatives are. Here is a partial list:

> (Amazing feast details snipped for brevity)
>
> Wow, soup *and* two meats *and* all those yummy sides *and* all those
> desserts?
> >
> > Relatives are bringing other desserts and some are bringing big salads.

> What, they're afraid there won't be enough???
> >
> > It's not going to be fancy but I'll bet I take the usual snooze
> > afterwards.

> Have the relatives do the dishes. Those who haven't exploded from all that
> food, that is.
>
> I'd be in trouble at your house, Michael. I have to try everything, and I
> think that meal might just do me in!
>
> Chris

It's a true "groaning board"! I guess no one will need to cook for
days afterward.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> "Back to Chris" > looking for trouble wrote in
>

> > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> >> Got the final head count last night. There will only be 18 instead
> >> of 22 people. I've finally decided on a partial menu and other
> >> family members will insist on bringing something. I would prefer
> >> they didn't but ya' know
> >> how the relatives are. Here is a partial list:

> > (Amazing feast details snipped for brevity)
> >
> > Wow, soup *and* two meats *and* all those yummy sides *and* all those
> > desserts?

> There is a reason for the 2 meats. We've had a lot of turkey lately and

I'm
> burned out on it. So... I wanted to do a whole ham. The S.O. wanted a
> brisket, he too being burnt on turkey. Well... I compromised.
>

> >> Relatives are bringing other desserts and some are bringing big
> >> salads.

> > What, they're afraid there won't be enough???

> One will bring the green bean casserole I'm sure. There will be a couple
> of large lettuce salads brought also. Not everyone coming eats meat so

the
> other sides will have justine done to them also
>

> >> It's not going to be fancy but I'll bet I take the usual snooze
> >> afterwards.

> > Have the relatives do the dishes. Those who haven't exploded from all
> > that food, that is.

> Now that's an idea
>

> > I'd be in trouble at your house, Michael. I have to try everything,
> > and I think that meal might just do me in!
> >
> > Chris

> Come on over, I'm sure I'll have leftovers for a week.
>
> Michael

I'll most likely be working, so can you e-mail or ABF your food to me? TIA!

kili