Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathy in NZ

Default Thanksgiving Dinner

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:21:23 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:

>Got the final head count last night. There will only be 18 instead of 22
>people. I've finally decided on a partial menu and other family members
>will insist on bringing something. I would prefer they didn't but ya' know
>how the relatives are. Here is a partial list:
>
>For nibbles:
>Bloody marys and cocktails
>Cream cheese stuffed black olives
>Tapenade and crostini
>Peanut butter stuffed celery sticks (for Gillian, she loves them)
>Assorted nuts
>Deviled eggs (for Lindsay, we fight over them)
>
>Beforehand:
>Punkin' soup
>

>The main event:
>Roast turkey - turkey gravy
>Brisket with onion gravy
>Mashed 'taters
>Peas
>This excellent sweet potato dish, recipe ripped off from my SIL
>1 other undecided side dish probably something with corn
>Brussel sprouts
>Carrots, undecided how to serve yet, may do zippy carrots, dilled or
>something with ginger

A wonderful menu and your family is lucky in having you.

A suggestion for the carrots:

GLAZED CARROTS
(serves 4, adjust for number of people)

1 lb carrots
1 oz butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp grated orange rind
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp gound ginger.

Cook carrots in boiling, salted water till tender.
In saucepan, melt butter, add sugar and remaining ingredients. Add
well drained carrots and shake gently to cover carrots with mixture.
Heat a little and serve hot.