Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cook-along Damsel's Cracklin wings

One of the dishes I made for the cook-along was Dam's Cracklin wings.
I think someone said they should be renamed crack wings they are so
addictive, I concur.

Assembled ingredients.
http://i36.tinypic.com/2rm8dqs.jpg

Dredged the chicken wings in the seasoned flour and ready to cook.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ilfwvb.jpg

After baking in the oven.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2e4ars0.jpg

Plated. Some I tossed in the sauce, some I left plain. They are
delicious either way.
http://i35.tinypic.com/2nkuc8x.jpg

Here's a shot of the cornbread I made. Hopefully I'll get that posted
tomorrow.
http://i37.tinypic.com/nxqgyw.jpg

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Cracklin' Wings

appetizers

24 whole chicken wings
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper; ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional:
1/2 cup butter
4 1/2 ounces hot sauce; Frank's
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 lime; juiced

1. Wash chicken wings and pat dry. Separate drummies from paddles,
and
cut off wing tips -reserve for another use.
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and spray with nonstick cooking
spray. Put flour, pepper, garlic powder and salt in ziplock bag;
shake to mix.
Add wing pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat. Put flour-coated
wings on foil-covered cookie sheets. Bake in preheated 375F oven for
1 1/2 hours, moving wing pieces around after 45 minutes so they won't
stick to the foil.
3. When wings are done, melt butter in medium saucepan. Add hot
sauce, vinegar, and lime juice. Turn off heat. Toss wings with sauce
and serve.

Source:
"adapted by Damsel in dis Dress"
Yield:
"48 pieces"
Start to Finish Time:
"2:15"

Serving Ideas : Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch
dressing
for dipping.

Yield: 8 servings

Preparation Time: 0:45

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> Cracklin' Wings
>
> appetizers
>
> 24 whole chicken wings
> 1 cup flour
> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
> 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper; ground
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 teaspoon pepper
> Optional:
> 1/2 cup butter
> 4 1/2 ounces hot sauce; Frank's
> 1 tablespoon white vinegar
> 1 lime; juiced

Saw your pics over on a.b.f. Koko. Outstanding as usual. :-)
I hope to be able to post my pics but the camera appears to have truly
died now. It turned off and I can't get it to turn back on.

And yes, I tried fresh batteries. :-( I'm hoping that camera cards are
interchangeable...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 18:18:14 -0800, koko > wrote:

>One of the dishes I made for the cook-along was Dam's Cracklin wings.
>I think someone said they should be renamed crack wings they are so
>addictive, I concur.

I'm not a fan of wings but your pictures are so nice I'd give them a
try!

Thanks for sharing Koko.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 06:18:22 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> Cracklin' Wings

snippage

>Saw your pics over on a.b.f. Koko. Outstanding as usual. :-)

Thanks Om.

>I hope to be able to post my pics but the camera appears to have truly
>died now. It turned off and I can't get it to turn back on.
>
>And yes, I tried fresh batteries. :-( I'm hoping that camera cards are
>interchangeable...

Bummer, hope you'll be able to retrieve your photos. I'm looking
forward to seeing them.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/30
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:54:20 -0600, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 18:18:14 -0800, koko > wrote:
>

>>One of the dishes I made for the cook-along was Dam's Cracklin wings.
>>I think someone said they should be renamed crack wings they are so
>>addictive, I concur.

>I'm not a fan of wings but your pictures are so nice I'd give them a
>try!
>
>Thanks for sharing Koko.
>
>Lou

Thank you Lou. I'm sure the seasoned flour would work great on any
piece of chicken.
The sauce was great also. I've had the Frank's hot sauce and butter
before but not with the vinegar and lime juice, it was great.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/30

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 8:18*pm, koko > wrote:
> One of the dishes I made for the cook-along was Dam's Cracklin wings.
> I think someone said they should be renamed crack wings they are so
> addictive, I concur.

Sure, flour baked onto wings, *faux frying* is really addictive.

> 4 1/2 ounces hot sauce; Frank's
> 1 tablespoon white vinegar
>
> 3. *When wings are done, melt butter in medium saucepan. *Add hot
> sauce, vinegar, and lime juice. *Turn off heat. *Toss wings with sauce
> and serve.

Doesn't Frank's hot sauce already have way more vinegar than it oughta
have?
"Oven frying" at its best?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTT71...eature=related

"It's Shake and Bake, and I helped."

> koko

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 06:18:22 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > koko > wrote:
> >
> >> Cracklin' Wings
> >>

> snippage
>

> >Saw your pics over on a.b.f. Koko. Outstanding as usual. :-)

> Thanks Om.
>
> >I hope to be able to post my pics but the camera appears to have truly
> >died now. It turned off and I can't get it to turn back on.
> >
> >And yes, I tried fresh batteries. :-( I'm hoping that camera cards are
> >interchangeable...

> Bummer, hope you'll be able to retrieve your photos. I'm looking
> forward to seeing them.
>
> koko

Per sf's suggestion, I called the BIL and asked to borrow my sisters
camera. He said they have a card reader I can borrow. :-) So hopefully
I'll be retrieving those pics tomorrow if the data is not corrupted.
I'm looking forward to them too. That fish sauce recipe (I ended up
using for chicken instead of shark) was amazing and I want to pass it on
with my alterations.

It'll be a definite do-over. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:51:44 -0800 (PST), --Bryan wrote:

> On Nov 1, 8:18*pm, koko > wrote:
>> One of the dishes I made for the cook-along was Dam's Cracklin wings.
>> I think someone said they should be renamed crack wings they are so
>> addictive, I concur.

> Sure, flour baked onto wings, *faux frying* is really addictive.
>
>> 4 1/2 ounces hot sauce; Frank's
>> 1 tablespoon white vinegar
>>
>> 3. *When wings are done, melt butter in medium saucepan. *Add hot
>> sauce, vinegar, and lime juice. *Turn off heat. *Toss wings with sauce
>> and serve.

> Doesn't Frank's hot sauce already have way more vinegar than it oughta
> have?
> "Oven frying" at its best?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTT71...eature=related
>
> "It's Shake and Bake, and I helped."