tenplay

Default Anyone else have a Vitamix?

We have an old Vitamix that we drag out occasionally to make generic
fruit smoothies if we have some fruits lying around. We heard that it
has a lot of uses. One person we met even used it to make a fertilizer
mix from leftovers for his house plants. Unfortunately we don't have a
recipe book for it. Anyone here use the Vitamix a lot? What are your
favorite uses? If you have any good and SIMPLE recipes, please share
them. Thanks.

I have an old one that I scored at a yard sale for $20. I find that it
really puts a LOT of air into everything you blend so much so that
fruit juices and such are 80 percent foam and very little else. I
didn't like this much, so I haven't used it for juices since. I do use
it to pulverize salsa ingredients because I don't care for chunky
salsa. But even so you have to pulse the motor or it comes out a bit
foamy too.

There must be recipes on the internet. I mean they have sold millions
by now, I'm sure.

chula

zuuum

"tenplay" > wrote in message
> We have an old Vitamix that we drag out occasionally to make generic fruit
> smoothies if we have some fruits lying around. We heard that it has a lot
> of uses. One person we met even used it to make a fertilizer mix from
> leftovers for his house plants. Unfortunately we don't have a recipe book
> for it. Anyone here use the Vitamix a lot? What are your favorite uses?
> If you have any good and SIMPLE recipes, please share them. Thanks.

What I like most about the Vitamix is the dual direction switch. Flipping
from one direction to the other invariably pulls stalled layers down.

Vitamix Blenders John Sorell General Cooking 34 08-08-2012 10:52 PM
Vitamix zxcvbob General Cooking 7 07-08-2011 08:21 PM
VitaMix blender: Have one? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 28 03-02-2007 07:44 AM
VitaMix blender: Have one? [email protected] Vegan 0 20-11-2006 03:32 PM
vitamix tom Diabetic 1 22-10-2004 11:38 PM