Jude

Default This is what to do with all that basil!

I made some pesto tonight, and decided to have some fun with it.

First, I got a bakery-bought foccacia. I used it as a pizza crust -
spread it with pesto, then added a layer of ricotta, roasted red
peppers, spinach leaves, roasted garlic cloves, arithckoe hearts, and
shredded mozzarella and provolone. Ran it in a 425 oven for 10 mintes
or so to let the "crust" get crisp. A delicious dinner......next time
I'll need to get 2 loaves!

Then, I made a great potato salad for lunch tomorrow. Boiled up some
yukon gold potatoes with 2 cloves of roasted garlic in the water. After
about 8 minutes, when they were beginning to feel tender, I added some
green beans, cut into 1 inch chunks. Vooked those til they were tnder
but still had a bite. Drained them and cooled the whole let a little.

In a mixing bowl, I added to the potatoes some oil-marinated sundried
tomatoes, halved grape tomatoes, and a handful of roasted walnuts.
Would have added some flat-leaf parsley and black olives, if I'd had
either one. Stirred in several big spoonfuls of pesto and a decent
sized pour of olive oil. Then I added 1 smallish glob of mayo to make
it a little creamy.
This on;e's a keeper!!

Bob

"Jude" > wrote in message
oups.com...
<snip>
> Vooked those til they were tnder

<snip>

This should have been posted to rec.food.vooking ... Jeez!!!
Sorry ... Just got done with dinner with, undoubtedly, too much wine. :-)

Bob

Basil, basil, basil Janet Bostwick General Cooking 13 04-09-2014 11:18 PM
Basil Travis McGee General Cooking 12 16-08-2014 01:00 AM
Basil Oil sf[_9_] General Cooking 5 26-07-2014 09:23 PM
basil oil elaine General Cooking 105 21-09-2007 04:39 AM
Basil mobile Preserving 12 07-08-2007 01:56 PM