Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default basil oil

Basil Oil:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups fresh basil
Salt and sugar
Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.

Could this be frozen? e.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
> Basil Oil:
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 2 cups fresh basil
> Salt and sugar
> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.
>
> Could this be frozen? e.

Frozen oil? Why? I doubt you could freeze it. And I'd not use fresh basil
for this, I'd use dry and I'd stuff the bottle with it then top it off with
oil and then just let it sit for a few weeks before using it. Same for
rosemary oil. I would use dry because I am leery of nasty things like
botulism growing in the oil. If you see bubbles coming off the solids,
dispose of it promptly. Some people will heat the oil before bottling it to
kill off any spores and potential contaminants.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "elaine" > wrote in message
>> Basil Oil:
>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>> 2 cups fresh basil
>> Salt and sugar
>> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5
>> minutes.
>>
>> Could this be frozen? e.
>>

> Frozen oil? Why? I doubt you could freeze it. And I'd not use fresh
> basil
> for this, I'd use dry and I'd stuff the bottle with it then top it off
> with
> oil and then just let it sit for a few weeks before using it. Same for
> rosemary oil. I would use dry because I am leery of nasty things like
> botulism growing in the oil. If you see bubbles coming off the solids,
> dispose of it promptly. Some people will heat the oil before bottling it
> kill off any spores and potential contaminants.
>
> Paul

But that's what I have. A ton of fresh basil. Perhaps the nasty botulism
would be killed, especially if I heated the oil prior. Then I freeze in ice
cube trays. Guess it would work with rosemary too.

Hell, I don't know. Just don't want the frost to get it! e.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter A" > wrote in message
> In article <AsDGi.130$oc2.92@trnddc04>,
> says...
> >
> > "elaine" > wrote in message
> > > Basil Oil:
> > > 1/4 cup olive oil
> > > 2 cups fresh basil
> > > Salt and sugar
> > > Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5

minutes.

> > > Could this be frozen? e.
> > >

> > Frozen oil? Why? I doubt you could freeze it. And I'd not use fresh

basil
> > for this, I'd use dry and I'd stuff the bottle with it then top it off

with
> > oil and then just let it sit for a few weeks before using it. Same for
> > rosemary oil. I would use dry because I am leery of nasty things like
> > botulism growing in the oil. If you see bubbles coming off the solids,
> > dispose of it promptly. Some people will heat the oil before bottling

it to
> > kill off any spores and potential contaminants.
> >

> Actually this technique works very well, although the proportions I use
> are different (and why the hell put in any sugar?). It's a great way to
> "preserve" excess basil and really keeps the flavor of the basil. It
> does freeze, in other words gets hard, and you can partially thaw it and
> dig a spoonful or 2 out for a recipe.
>
> Dried basil in oil seems like a really bad idea. There is the botulism
> danger, which is small but real. More important, dried basil loses
> almost all of its flavor. Unlike thyme, oregano, rosemary, and other
> herbs, basil does not dry well. It's a waste of money. Freeze fresh
> basil in oil and you'll never go back to dried again.

I can tell you this, pesto is one great way to preserve basil. I've kept it
for long periods in the fridge.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MJB MJB is offline

"elaine" > wrote in message
> Basil Oil:
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 2 cups fresh basil
> Salt and sugar
> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.
>
> Could this be frozen? e.

Yes. It's little different from pesto and I keep home-made pesto in
baby-food jars in my freezer.

MJB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> >
> > "elaine" > wrote in message
> >> Basil Oil:
> >> 1/4 cup olive oil
> >> 2 cups fresh basil
> >> Salt and sugar
> >> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5
> >> minutes.
> >>
> >> Could this be frozen? e.
> >>

> > Frozen oil? Why? I doubt you could freeze it. And I'd not use fresh
> > basil
> > for this, I'd use dry and I'd stuff the bottle with it then top it off
> > with
> > oil and then just let it sit for a few weeks before using it. Same for
> > rosemary oil. I would use dry because I am leery of nasty things like
> > botulism growing in the oil. If you see bubbles coming off the solids,
> > dispose of it promptly. Some people will heat the oil before bottling

it
> > kill off any spores and potential contaminants.
> >
> > Paul

> But that's what I have. A ton of fresh basil. Perhaps the nasty

botulism
> would be killed, especially if I heated the oil prior. Then I freeze in

ice
> cube trays. Guess it would work with rosemary too.
>
> Hell, I don't know. Just don't want the frost to get it! e.

I know that botulism can be killed at 140F So you would just heat it to say
160, add the basil, pour into bottles, cool and cap.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MJB" > wrote in message

> "elaine" > wrote in message
>> Basil Oil:
>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>> 2 cups fresh basil
>> Salt and sugar
>> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5
>> minutes.
>>
>> Could this be frozen? e.
>>

> Yes. It's little different from pesto and I keep home-made pesto in
> baby-food jars in my freezer.

Thanks, I will heat the oil, add the basil and let it cool. Then freeze in
ice cube trays.

Perfect.......... e.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
> Basil Oil:
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 2 cups fresh basil
> Salt and sugar
> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.
>
> Could this be frozen? e.

Yes, I freeze pesto all the time. But I always put a layer on top of it to
keep it from turning brown. Put it in a small topped container, so that you
won't have to use as much olive oil.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
>> Yes. It's little different from pesto and I keep home-made pesto in
>> baby-food jars in my freezer.
>>

> Thanks, I will heat the oil, add the basil and let it cool. Then freeze
> in ice cube trays.
>
> Perfect.......... e.

Elaine, wondering why are you calling this basil oil. The ratio of solids
to oil is 16:1. I would consider this more of a pesto than an oil.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Elaine, wondering why are you calling this basil oil. The ratio of solids
> to oil is 16:1. I would consider this more of a pesto than an oil.
> Dee Dee

I was going by this recipe and just wanted to use my basil!!

Fresh Tomato Bisque with Basil Oil

2 large onions, roughly cut
8 large tomatoes, cored and roughly cut
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cups vegetable stock
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste

Basil Oil:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups fresh basil
Salt and sugar

Use a heavy bottomed soup pot. Place the pot over low flame and add the
olive oil. Place
the onions in the pot and lightly saute for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes
and saute
shortly. Add the seasonings and cover with a lid. Place on medium-low heat.
Allow to
cook until soft, stirring often. Place the mixture in the food processor and
puree until
smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
To make the basil oil, just place the ingredients in the food processor and
puree for
about 5 minutes. Place in a squeeze bottle and garnish the soup with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
>> Elaine, wondering why are you calling this basil oil. The ratio of
>> solids to oil is 16:1. I would consider this more of a pesto than an
>> oil.
>> Dee Dee

> I was going by this recipe and just wanted to use my basil!!

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
I have a bunch myself to take care of. Thanks for the reminder.

What I'm going to do is pick my basil, rinse it off, spin it dry. Put it in
the food processor, add some oil until I feel that it is a proper
consistency, then put it in some small ziplock 1/4 or 1/2 cups, pour a
little extra olive oil on top, then freeze. This way, I'll have a small
portion each time I want it.

Have fun.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:01:31 -0400, elaine wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I will heat the oil, add the basil and let it cool. Then freeze
>> in
>> ice cube trays.

> You'll just end up with fried basil. Just make it like pesto.

> -sw

Agreed. Also, I think putting it in ice cube trays is for pretty small
useage, unless you only want to use basically a teaspoon at a time (or two
or three). Also pretty messy getting it into the trays IMO.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"elaine" > wrote:

> But that's what I have. A ton of fresh basil. Perhaps the nasty botulism
> would be killed, especially if I heated the oil prior. Then I freeze in ice
> cube trays. Guess it would work with rosemary too.
>
> Hell, I don't know. Just don't want the frost to get it! e.

You could just dry it...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:56:48 GMT, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
> > And I'd not use fresh basil
> > for this, I'd use dry and I'd stuff the bottle with it then top it off with
> > oil and then just let it sit for a few weeks before using it. Same for
> > rosemary oil. I would use dry because I am leery of nasty things like
> > botulism growing in the oil.

> Yeah - this is why they've recently outlawed pesto.
>
> -sw

<lol>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>
>> "elaine" > wrote in message
>>> Basil Oil:
>>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>>> 2 cups fresh basil
>>> Salt and sugar
>>> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5
>>> minutes.
>>>
>>> Could this be frozen? e.
>>>

>> Frozen oil? Why? I doubt you could freeze it. And I'd not use fresh
>> basil
>> for this, I'd use dry and I'd stuff the bottle with it then top it off
>> with
>> oil and then just let it sit for a few weeks before using it. Same for
>> rosemary oil. I would use dry because I am leery of nasty things like
>> botulism growing in the oil. If you see bubbles coming off the solids,
>> dispose of it promptly. Some people will heat the oil before bottling it
>> kill off any spores and potential contaminants.
>>
>> Paul

> But that's what I have. A ton of fresh basil. Perhaps the nasty
> botulism would be killed, especially if I heated the oil prior. Then I
> freeze in ice cube trays. Guess it would work with rosemary too.
>
> Hell, I don't know. Just don't want the frost to get it! e.

You can always take some generous bunches, tie them up at the stems with
string and hang them to dry in your kitchen. After a few days they should
be bone dry. Crush them up and put them into some airtight jars. Dried
basil is fine for lots of dishes including ragouts, sauces, pizza etc. Make
basil oil. I understand you can freeze the leaves so long as you get as
much air out of the bag as you can. Lots of ways to preserve basil.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:01:31 -0400, elaine wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I will heat the oil, add the basil and let it cool. Then freeze
>> in
>> ice cube trays.

> You'll just end up with fried basil. Just make it like pesto.
> Don't listen to Paul as he doesn't know what he's talking about.
>
> -sw

Who said you had to heat the oil to frying temperature? Maybe it was you?
I think it was. So clearly you have no idea that even 140F can sanitize
food. Your poor wife. She probably sneaks out for cheeseburgers while you
are sleeping and farting.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg Reg is offline

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> Who said you had to heat the oil to frying temperature? Maybe it was you?
> I think it was. So clearly you have no idea that even 140F can sanitize
> food. Your poor wife. She probably sneaks out for cheeseburgers while you
> are sleeping and farting.

Sorry, but with an oil infusion that's not the case. Whether you need to heat
it at all depends on what you're doing with it. For short term refrigerated
storage, and certainly frozen, botulism isn't an issue as it doesn't grow in
cold temperatures.

For longer term storage, the generally accepted method is to heat the
infusion to 250 F to reduce the water activity level and deactivate the
spores. 140 F kills the vegetative cells, but not the spores.

<http://www.canolainfo.org/pdf/flavouredoilsbrochure.pdf>

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg Reg is offline

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> I know that botulism can be killed at 140F So you would just heat it to say
> 160, add the basil, pour into bottles, cool and cap.

No, botulism is not killed at 140 F. Google "botulinum cook" for
the correct information.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Reg" > wrote in message
. net...
> Paul M. Cook wrote:
>

>> Who said you had to heat the oil to frying temperature? Maybe it was
>> you? I think it was. So clearly you have no idea that even 140F can
>> sanitize food. Your poor wife. She probably sneaks out for
>> cheeseburgers while you are sleeping and farting.

> Sorry, but with an oil infusion that's not the case. Whether you need to
> heat
> it at all depends on what you're doing with it. For short term
> refrigerated
> storage, and certainly frozen, botulism isn't an issue as it doesn't grow
> in
> cold temperatures.
>
> For longer term storage, the generally accepted method is to heat the
> infusion to 250 F to reduce the water activity level and deactivate the
> spores. 140 F kills the vegetative cells, but not the spores.
>
> <http://www.canolainfo.org/pdf/flavouredoilsbrochure.pdf>

I'm totally not surprised by what you say. It makes sense. I Googled a
half dozen recipes for "basil oil" and they all came up with temperatures in
the mid to high 100s. I'll grant you, as a victim of severe and
hospitalized food poisoning in my youth, that I'd prefer 250F, certainly.
But that is in my cookbook as poaching temperature (plus about 20 degrees) -
you can't fry anything at that temp as Wertz would have you believe I
implied. So if I was doing it, I suppose I'd go for 250F because I'd rather
be safe than sorry. I'd not lose sleep over 160F because that is way beyond
the temperature that kills botulism. Probably I'd keep it at 160F for a
longer period of time than if I used 250F.

And I am thinking that the heat may be beneficial here because it would
release the fat soluble flavors in the basil very quickly. But if I was
against the heat method, I would go for dried herbs every time. I've only
made tarragon and rosemary infusions and I used dried sprigs. They tasted
really good even though I learned later that I was risking botulism
poisioning.

Never again. And I would never advise anyone to use fresh herbs in room
temperature oil infusions. Why risk it?

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Basil Oil:
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 2 cups fresh basil
> Salt and sugar
> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.
>
> Could this be frozen? e.

While I don't know why the sugar is in there, yes, it can be frozen. That's
how I preserve my basil for the winter. No sugar or salt, however. That
way I can make pesto or anything else I want.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> "MJB" > wrote in message
>>
>> "elaine" > wrote in message
>>> Basil Oil:
>>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>>> 2 cups fresh basil
>>> Salt and sugar
>>> Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5
>>> minutes.
>>>
>>> Could this be frozen? e.
>>>

>> Yes. It's little different from pesto and I keep home-made pesto in
>> baby-food jars in my freezer.
>>

> Thanks, I will heat the oil, add the basil and let it cool. Then freeze
> in ice cube trays.

Don't heat the oil. You don't need to if it is going to be frozen and it
won't help unless the basil is heated too, and then it's bye bye flavor.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:43:05 -0400, "elaine" >
> wrote:
>
>>Basil Oil:
>>1/4 cup olive oil
>>2 cups fresh basil
>>Salt and sugar
>>Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.
>>
>>Could this be frozen? e.
>>

> An alternative to freezing basil is to pack it in salt.
> --
> Susan N.

I've read that and tried it. But I recall I used an inordinately amount of
salt and the leaves just turned like they were dried. I do suppose it
works, but it was difficult packing it.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Basil Oil:
>1/4 cup olive oil
>2 cups fresh basil
>Salt and sugar
>Place the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.
>
>Could this be frozen? e.

An alternative to freezing basil is to pack it in salt.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 07:57:04 GMT, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> But that is in my cookbook as poaching temperature (plus about 20
>> degrees) -
>> you can't fry anything at that temp as Wertz would have you believe I
>> implied.

> Some of us understood that she was trying to preserve her basil,
> not make basil oil. 140F will certainly cook the basil,
> especially considering the oil will not cool quickly. And since
> you did it in oil, it would therefore be fried.
>
> My suggestions from the start were not to cook it (or use dried
> as you suggested). You've been completely off base this whole
> thread. Give it a rest. Move on to other arguments.

Still haven't recovered from the bruising your bloated ego took when I had
the nerve to disagree with you on the quality of TJs 2 dollar wines? And I
don't need some pathetic whiner like you telling me what I can post about
and if you can't deal with it then put me on ignore. Or just shut up like a
big boy.

Off base because I agree with professional chefs? Yeah, ok, Spookie,
anything you say.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 04:26:13 GMT, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> Still haven't recovered from the bruising your bloated ego took when I
>> had
>> the nerve to disagree with you on the quality of TJs 2 dollar wines?

> I think you have me confused with somebody else since I don't
> drink wine, and can't comment on it. Not to mention I haven't
> been to a TJ's in about 8 years since they're at least 500 miles
> from where I currently live.
>
> I think your brain may be little fogged up. Must have been some
> ass-whooping, though.

Liar. You were all over that squabble and it's all on Google. Just **** up
a rope tough guy.

Paul

> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:44:27 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 04:26:13 GMT, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> Still haven't recovered from the bruising your bloated ego took when I had
>> the nerve to disagree with you on the quality of TJs 2 dollar wines?

>I think you have me confused with somebody else since I don't
>drink wine, and can't comment on it. Not to mention I haven't
>been to a TJ's in about 8 years since they're at least 500 miles
>from where I currently live.
>
>I think your brain may be little fogged up. Must have been some
>ass-whooping, though.
>
>-sw

careful, steve. besides being a bruiser, he's go some big-ass guns.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:44:27 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 04:26:13 GMT, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> >
> >> Still haven't recovered from the bruising your bloated ego took when I had
> >> the nerve to disagree with you on the quality of TJs 2 dollar wines?

> >I think you have me confused with somebody else since I don't
> >drink wine, and can't comment on it. Not to mention I haven't
> >been to a TJ's in about 8 years since they're at least 500 miles
> >from where I currently live.
> >
> >I think your brain may be little fogged up. Must have been some
> >ass-whooping, though.
> >
> >-sw

> careful, steve. besides being a bruiser, he's go some big-ass guns.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Which makes him a very safe person. :-)
Legal gun owners have to pass federal background checks to purchase them.
This means it's guaranteed you are not dealing with a criminal.

So there. Nyah.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:00:19 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:
> >
> >> careful, steve. besides being a bruiser, he's go some big-ass guns.

> > Which makes him a very safe person. :-)
> > Legal gun owners have to pass federal background checks to purchase them.
> > This means it's guaranteed you are not dealing with a criminal.

> Oh, puh-LEEEEZE!
>
> -sw

Hey, I've never taken pot shots at YOU when I gave you rides home did I?
:-)

And the above happens to be true. CCW/CHL holders are even safer. The
federal background check for them goes even deeper. There happen to be
two levels.

By the way, when are we going to keep that range date at Red's in Austin?
I promised you you could check out my 9mm Taurus...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:44:27 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > > wrote:

I had

> > >I think you have me confused with somebody else since I don't
> > >drink wine, and can't comment on it. Not to mention I haven't
> > >been to a TJ's in about 8 years since they're at least 500 miles
> > >from where I currently live.
> > >
> > >I think your brain may be little fogged up. Must have been some
> > >ass-whooping, though.
> > >
> > >-sw

> > careful, steve. besides being a bruiser, he's go some big-ass guns.
> >
> > your pal,
> > blake

Slick, Blake, very slick. Yep, and forever more you'll be saying I
threatened Wertz even though you just took the diuscussion off onto your
tangent of choice. That's how the game is played, and you play it well.
Projection and distraction seem to be the hallmark of your coping skills.

> Which makes him a very safe person. :-)
> Legal gun owners have to pass federal background checks to purchase them.
> This means it's guaranteed you are not dealing with a criminal.
>
> So there. Nyah.

If Blake could qualify for a CCW, that kind of shows how easily the
criminally insane (though arrest free) can get guns. I'd not trust the guy
with a water pistol. An FBI check is not a mental health evaluation. Not
getting into any gun arguments, just a personal observation.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <eNhHi.5932$A72.4601@trnddc08>,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> > > careful, steve. besides being a bruiser, he's go some big-ass guns.
> > >
> > > your pal,
> > > blake

> Slick, Blake, very slick. Yep, and forever more you'll be saying I
> threatened Wertz even though you just took the diuscussion off onto your
> tangent of choice. That's how the game is played, and you play it well.
> Projection and distraction seem to be the hallmark of your coping skills.
>
> > Which makes him a very safe person. :-)
> > Legal gun owners have to pass federal background checks to purchase them.
> > This means it's guaranteed you are not dealing with a criminal.
> >
> > So there. Nyah.

> If Blake could qualify for a CCW, that kind of shows how easily the
> criminally insane (though arrest free) can get guns. I'd not trust the guy
> with a water pistol. An FBI check is not a mental health evaluation. Not
> getting into any gun arguments, just a personal observation.
>
> Paul

They are working to close that loophole... and the NRA is supporting it.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

guns.

> > Slick, Blake, very slick. Yep, and forever more you'll be saying I
> > threatened Wertz even though you just took the diuscussion off onto your
> > tangent of choice. That's how the game is played, and you play it well.
> > Projection and distraction seem to be the hallmark of your coping

skills.

> > > Which makes him a very safe person. :-)
> > > Legal gun owners have to pass federal background checks to purchase

them.
> > > This means it's guaranteed you are not dealing with a criminal.
> > >
> > > So there. Nyah.

> > If Blake could qualify for a CCW, that kind of shows how easily the
> > criminally insane (though arrest free) can get guns. I'd not trust the

guy
> > with a water pistol. An FBI check is not a mental health evaluation.

Not
> > getting into any gun arguments, just a personal observation.
> >
> > Paul

> They are working to close that loophole... and the NRA is supporting it.

Why not just join the FBI if you want to pack heat? I know somebody who
did. She's a new mother, as well. Carries her 9mm in her baby's bottle
bag.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <P5iHi.5933$A72.2803@trnddc08>,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> Why not just join the FBI if you want to pack heat?

I did not have to.
I passed my Federal background check. ;-)

> I know somebody who
> did. She's a new mother, as well. Carries her 9mm in her baby's bottle
> bag.
>
> Paul

I carry mine in a fannypack holster.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article <P5iHi.5933$A72.2803@trnddc08>,
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>
>> Why not just join the FBI if you want to pack heat?

> I did not have to.
> I passed my Federal background check. ;-)
>
>> I know somebody who
>> did. She's a new mother, as well. Carries her 9mm in her baby's bottle
>> bag.
>>
>> Paul

> I carry mine in a fannypack holster.

JPG! JPG! And you can leave out the holster and gun.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> Omelet wrote:
> > In article <P5iHi.5933$A72.2803@trnddc08>,
> > "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> >
> >> Why not just join the FBI if you want to pack heat?

> > I did not have to.
> > I passed my Federal background check. ;-)
> >
> >> I know somebody who
> >> did. She's a new mother, as well. Carries her 9mm in her baby's

bottle
> >> bag.
> >>
> >> Paul

> > I carry mine in a fannypack holster.

> JPG! JPG! And you can leave out the holster and gun.

I'm partial to toolbelts myself. Guns are a bit over stated. Dried herbs
and toolbelts for me. Maybe a toolbelt with jars of herbs instead of tools.
Hmmmm..... intriguing.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> Omelet wrote:

>> > I carry mine in a fannypack holster.

>> JPG! JPG! And you can leave out the holster and gun.

> I'm partial to toolbelts myself. Guns are a bit over stated. Dried herbs
> and toolbelts for me. Maybe a toolbelt with jars of herbs instead of tools.
> Hmmmm..... intriguing.

No JPG! No JPG!

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> Paul M. Cook wrote:

> >> JPG! JPG! And you can leave out the holster and gun.

> > I'm partial to toolbelts myself. Guns are a bit over stated. Dried

herbs
> > and toolbelts for me. Maybe a toolbelt with jars of herbs instead of

tools.
> > Hmmmm..... intriguing.

> No JPG! No JPG!

I didn't mean on me.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> Paul M. Cook wrote:

>> > I'm partial to toolbelts myself. Guns are a bit over stated. Dried

> herbs
>> > and toolbelts for me. Maybe a toolbelt with jars of herbs instead of

> tools.
>> > Hmmmm..... intriguing.

>> No JPG! No JPG!

> I didn't mean on me.

What a relief!

Okay, a toolbelt and some jugs. No, wait...you said jars...

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article <P5iHi.5933$A72.2803@trnddc08>,
> > "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> >
> >> Why not just join the FBI if you want to pack heat?

> > I did not have to.
> > I passed my Federal background check. ;-)
> >
> >> I know somebody who
> >> did. She's a new mother, as well. Carries her 9mm in her baby's bottle
> >> bag.
> >>
> >> Paul

> > I carry mine in a fannypack holster.

> JPG! JPG! And you can leave out the holster and gun.

Sorry. that's all that is on file. <g>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <BmiHi.5934$A72.4866@trnddc08>,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> I'm partial to toolbelts myself. Guns are a bit over stated. Dried herbs
> and toolbelts for me. Maybe a toolbelt with jars of herbs instead of tools.
> Hmmmm..... intriguing.
>
> Paul

Gardening tools and kitchen gadgets.

Intriguing indeed. ;-)

Spatula anyone?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Basil, basil, basil Janet Bostwick General Cooking 13 04-09-2014 11:18 PM
Basil Travis McGee General Cooking 12 16-08-2014 01:00 AM
Basil Oil sf[_9_] General Cooking 5 26-07-2014 09:23 PM
Basil mobile Preserving 12 07-08-2007 01:56 PM
This is what to do with all that basil! Jude General Cooking 1 26-06-2005 01:54 AM