Teri

Default REC rib marinade

All that talk about ribs on the grill prompted me to post what I (not saying
much, but still saying something) found to be among the greatest marinades
for ribs. It also works really well w/pork tenderloin.

(I usually double or triple the recipe and baste)

2 T honey
2 T light soy
2 T hoison sauce
2 T ketchup
1 T sherry
1 T sugar
1 tsp thick soy sauce (hard to find, recipe works well without)
1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp of minced)

Teri

LynneA

"Teri" > wrote in message
news
> All that talk about ribs on the grill prompted me to post what I (not
> saying
> much, but still saying something) found to be among the greatest marinades
> for ribs. It also works really well w/pork tenderloin.
>
> (I usually double or triple the recipe and baste)
>
> 2 T honey
> 2 T light soy
> 2 T hoison sauce
> 2 T ketchup
> 1 T sherry
> 1 T sugar
> 1 tsp thick soy sauce (hard to find, recipe works well without)
> 1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp of minced)
>
> Teri

Teri, this sounds good. Do you use regular soy if you can't find the thick,
or just omit it completely?

Lynne A

Teri

"LynneA" > wrote in message
news:1119304815.392ad0a1af4f5fb7960dabfe7770ea85@b ubbanews...

> "Teri" > wrote in message
> news
> > All that talk about ribs on the grill prompted me to post what I (not
> > saying
> > much, but still saying something) found to be among the greatest

marinades
> > for ribs. It also works really well w/pork tenderloin.
> >
> > (I usually double or triple the recipe and baste)
> >
> > 2 T honey
> > 2 T light soy
> > 2 T hoison sauce
> > 2 T ketchup
> > 1 T sherry
> > 1 T sugar
> > 1 tsp thick soy sauce (hard to find, recipe works well without)
> > 1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp of minced)
> >
> > Teri
> >

> Teri, this sounds good. Do you use regular soy if you can't find the

thick,
> or just omit it completely?
>
> Lynne A

I don't necessarily replace the thick w/regular - sometimes (depending on
what's around) I use regular instead of light and I've also made this
marinade without the sherry and without measuring, just going 'by eye' til
it has a good, slightly gooey, consistency. I don't think you can make a
'mistake' with this :-). Let me know what you think.
Teri

marinade observation Nonnymus[_5_] Barbecue 10 28-10-2007 03:26 PM
vacuum marinade ?? Rob Mills Barbecue 4 21-05-2007 07:43 PM
A Marinade Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 17-05-2006 08:27 AM
Tuna marinade? Michael L Kankiewicz General Cooking 7 07-11-2004 02:41 AM
rub / marinade? Zed Rafi Barbecue 37 14-09-2004 07:30 PM