Siobhan Perricone

On Thu, 05 May 2005 00:14:50 GMT, "Doug Kanter" >
wrote:

>It seems the younger generation can't even find the friggin' library
>to take out a book!

Well, I'm not the younger generation, but I don't go to the library much
these days. What with being able to connect to the largest library in the
history of the world from my home. *grin*

I *do* still buy books, but our local public library just isn't all that
great and generally speaking, the sorts of things I used to go to the
library for I can do better on the internet now anyway. I just prefer
staying at home.

But I can cook.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
Siobhan Perricone

On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:52:08 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Oh no, I absolutely LOVED Hawaii! I swore I was going to die there, but no,
>I met my husband and had to move to Florida to be with him.

Mine lived on Long Island, I lived in Alaska, guess who moved?

(Together 17 years this December, married 15 years this September, so
THERE, Pastor Mick!)

(answer: he moved to Alaska, no way you'd get me living on Long Island)

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near
kilikini

Siobhan Perricone wrote:
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:52:08 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> Oh no, I absolutely LOVED Hawaii! I swore I was going to die there,
>> but no, I met my husband and had to move to Florida to be with him.

> Mine lived on Long Island, I lived in Alaska, guess who moved?
>
> (Together 17 years this December, married 15 years this September, so
> THERE, Pastor Mick!)
>
> (answer: he moved to Alaska, no way you'd get me living on Long
> Island)
>
> --

I should have never left the islands, but I rented, he owns a home - seemed
like the only logical thing at the time. He loves his job and I had my own
business. I moved, but I hate it now.

Glad to hear that you stayed in Alaska. Good girl! That's the only state
in this nation I haven't seen yet; would LOVE to go.

kili

Rich

"kilikini" > wrote in message
.. .
> Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:52:08 GMT, "kilikini"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Oh no, I absolutely LOVED Hawaii! I swore I was going to die there,
>>> but no, I met my husband and had to move to Florida to be with him.

>> Mine lived on Long Island, I lived in Alaska, guess who moved?
>>
>> (Together 17 years this December, married 15 years this September, so
>> THERE, Pastor Mick!)
>>
>> (answer: he moved to Alaska, no way you'd get me living on Long
>> Island)
>>
>> --

> I should have never left the islands, but I rented, he owns a home -
> seemed
> like the only logical thing at the time. He loves his job and I had my
> own
> business. I moved, but I hate it now.
>
> Glad to hear that you stayed in Alaska. Good girl! That's the only state
> in this nation I haven't seen yet; would LOVE to go.
>
> kili

You'd probably like Alaska. Plenty of great seafood, and in the summer, the
wildflowers are like a colorful quilt over the state. I know what you mean
about Florida being flat. There is never a view! The highest point in the
state is probably a highway overpass.

My windows look out over the airport to the ocean beyond. From my perch at
1200 feet or so, I can see for miles. To do that in Florida, you'd have to
climb a TV tower.

--Rich

kilikini

Rich wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>
> You'd probably like Alaska. Plenty of great seafood, and in the
> summer, the wildflowers are like a colorful quilt over the state. I
> know what you mean about Florida being flat. There is never a view!
> The highest point in the state is probably a highway overpass.
>
> My windows look out over the airport to the ocean beyond. From my
> perch at 1200 feet or so, I can see for miles. To do that in Florida,
> you'd have to climb a TV tower.
>
> --Rich

Sounds like your place is wonderful, Rich. I have a view of some
dilapidated apartments where crack dealers live. :-( Wanna trade?

kili

Gal Called Jani

One time on Usenet, Siobhan Perricone > said:
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:52:08 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >Oh no, I absolutely LOVED Hawaii! I swore I was going to die there, but no,
> >I met my husband and had to move to Florida to be with him.

> Mine lived on Long Island, I lived in Alaska, guess who moved?
>
> (Together 17 years this December, married 15 years this September, so
> THERE, Pastor Mick!)
>
> (answer: he moved to Alaska, no way you'd get me living on Long Island)

Heh, DH is from central Pennsylvania. I lived there with him for
a year or so -- it has its charms, but given the choice between
there and coming home to my beloved Puget Sound region of WA State,
PA lost out..

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same
kilikini

Gal Called Jani wrote:
> One time on Usenet, Siobhan Perricone > said:
>> On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:52:08 GMT, "kilikini"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Oh no, I absolutely LOVED Hawaii! I swore I was going to die
>>> there, but no, I met my husband and had to move to Florida to be
>>> with him.

>> Mine lived on Long Island, I lived in Alaska, guess who moved?
>>
>> (Together 17 years this December, married 15 years this September, so
>> THERE, Pastor Mick!)
>>
>> (answer: he moved to Alaska, no way you'd get me living on Long
>> Island)

> Heh, DH is from central Pennsylvania. I lived there with him for
> a year or so -- it has its charms, but given the choice between
> there and coming home to my beloved Puget Sound region of WA State,
> PA lost out..

I'd love to move to Seattle, (my father, step-mom, step-brother, cousins and
great aunt & uncle live there) but my hubby is a Southern man and he wants
to stay in the South. I'm a West Coast girl and I feel completely lost
here. You're lucky that you could move.

kili

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Fri, 06 May 2005 10:46:03 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:52:08 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>
>>Oh no, I absolutely LOVED Hawaii! I swore I was going to die there, but no,
>>I met my husband and had to move to Florida to be with him.

>Mine lived on Long Island, I lived in Alaska, guess who moved?

Mine lived in developer-infested southern California, I lived in
beautiful, god's country Colorado...guess who moved?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Gal Called Jani

One time on Usenet, "kilikini" > said:
> Gal Called Jani wrote:
> > One time on Usenet, Siobhan Perricone > said:
> >> On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:52:08 GMT, "kilikini"

> >> Mine lived on Long Island, I lived in Alaska, guess who moved?
> >>
> >> (Together 17 years this December, married 15 years this September, so
> >> THERE, Pastor Mick!)
> >>
> >> (answer: he moved to Alaska, no way you'd get me living on Long
> >> Island)

> > Heh, DH is from central Pennsylvania. I lived there with him for
> > a year or so -- it has its charms, but given the choice between
> > there and coming home to my beloved Puget Sound region of WA State,
> > PA lost out..

> I'd love to move to Seattle, (my father, step-mom, step-brother, cousins and
> great aunt & uncle live there) but my hubby is a Southern man and he wants
> to stay in the South. I'm a West Coast girl and I feel completely lost
> here. You're lucky that you could move.

I quite agree, Kili. Fortunately, we flew out here to get married
while still living in PA, so he got a taste of the area and was all
for moving. After 15 years here, he says he'd never go back...

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same
way that bricks don't" - D. Adams, HGTTG

Wish Me Luck Boron Elgar[_1_] General Cooking 16 30-06-2009 02:35 AM
Pot Luck Dimitri General Cooking 0 23-04-2009 01:55 AM
Wish me luck TFM®[_2_] Barbecue 7 13-09-2008 04:43 PM
Pot Luck Report Julia Altshuler General Cooking 14 29-12-2007 08:40 PM
Pot luck Recipes? SPOONS General Cooking 2 30-11-2003 08:36 PM