Marc

Default I need help I'm gettting ready to buy a new dish washer and need to know what feature's....

are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
appreciate any an all input.

Marc

Sheldon

Marc wrote:
> I don't want to spend a lot of money and would appreciate
> any an all input.

Get one with big tits.

Sheldon

Goomba38

Marc wrote:
> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
> appreciate any an all input.
>
> Marc

Go to the library and find the Consumers Reports Buying Guide (or look
through the magazines)
They will tell you everything you need to know
Goomba
zxcvbob

Marc wrote:
> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
> appreciate any an all input.
>
> Marc

Water heating is a good feature. It lets you have your water heater set
to a reasonable temperature, and the dishwasher will heat to about 140°
as it runs.

Best regards,
BOb
Del Cecchi

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> Marc wrote:
>> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
>> appreciate any an all input.
>>
>> Marc

A bunch of cycles is a waste. You need at most 3. rinse, wash, heavy duty
wash.
and quiet is important.

> Water heating is a good feature. It lets you have your water heater set
> to a reasonable temperature, and the dishwasher will heat to about 140° as
> it runs.
>
> Best regards,
> BOb

Dennis Turner

On 5/1/2005 2:47 PM or thereabouts, Marc appears, somewhat unbelievably,
to have opined:

> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
> appreciate any an all input.
>
> Marc

You want one that heats the water to kill germs (ahould be certified by
NSF). Insulation aroung the tub is nice (makes it quieter. Timers and
lots of extra cycles may be nice, but are definitely not necessary. I
have a Whirlpool Gold (came with the new house). It works quite well and
is VERY quiet. Dishwasher in the previous house would wake the dead ...
it was a VERY CHEAP Roper. I think I paid about $170 for it and
installed it myself to replace the 20 year old Kenmore in the last
house. The Whirlpool is also Energy Star certified to use less energy
than most dishwashers. I think the one I have is at the high end of
Whirlpool's line with electronic touch controls and way too many cycles
to choose from, but it was installed by the builder so I don't really
know what it cost.

--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.
Sheldon

Marc wrote:
> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
> appreciate any an all input.

I like my Maytag Jetclean EQ Plus... been using it since 12/03 and no
complaints. Make sure to go the extra few bucks for the stainless
steel interior. I bought mine at SEARS... cost like $500 total,
w/delivery and set up. I strongly recommend you have their service tech
come to your mome to install it... cost me all of $30, which also
included taking away the old unit.

Sheldon

Stan Horwitz

In article . net>,
"Marc" > wrote:

> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
> appreciate any an all input.

Check the online edition of Consumer Reports.
Marc

I don't quite trust Consumers. I work in an industry that they do reviews
on the equipment and much of their informations, advice and reviews are IMHO
bogus.

Marc

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article . net>,
> "Marc" > wrote:
>
> > are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
> > appreciate any an all input.

> Check the online edition of Consumer Reports.

Siobhan Perricone

On Sun, 01 May 2005 19:47:18 GMT, "Marc"
> wrote:

>are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
>appreciate any an all input.

We read consumer reports and chose one that was energy efficient and had
good ratings for how well it worked. We bought a Bosch, It was around $450
and we love it. There's very little it doesn't get clean on the regular
cycle and we haven't had anything come out dirty on the pot scrubber cycle.
It's also very quiet and it ranked very high for energy efficiency.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh

Edwin Pawlowski

"Marc" > wrote:

>> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
>> appreciate any an all input.

FACT: Any dishwasher on the market today will get your dishes clean.

Decide what is important to you. The higher priced models have more
features, but often have better constructionl Stainless steel tubs instead
of plastic. Higher price usually means better soundproofing. Some have a
soft gfood grinder so you don't have to rinse. I'm not a fanatic about
rinsing, but I don't put garbage into my DW intentionally so that is not a
beg feature for me.

We have a top of the line Kitchen Aid. My wife wanted that style. It seems
well made, it has always cleaned the dishes, and is very quite. We always
use the "normal" cycle and the "sani-wash".

We looked at Bosch, Maytag, Whirlpool. The local dealer sell, but no
longer stocks Bosch because of reliability problem. Maytag had a third
shelf, but did not seem to be really practial in use. The KA had more
features that we ever use, but looked better build and it is the one my wife
liked for appearance.

sd

In article . net>,
"Marc" > wrote:

> I don't quite trust Consumers. I work in an industry that they do reviews
> on the equipment and much of their informations, advice and reviews are IMHO
> bogus.

Anyone familiar with statistics and survey methodology would find
Consumer Reports' ratings suspect. They should be a _guide_ to
purchasing and no more. Never consider or exclude a product just
because CR "says so."

sd
Marc

One of the problems was that often much of what they reviewed was from the
previous model year and no longer available. They also hardly ever reviewed
the good stuff and never the best stuff.

Marc

"sd" > wrote in message
> In article . net>,
> "Marc" > wrote:
>
> > I don't quite trust Consumers. I work in an industry that they do

reviews
> > on the equipment and much of their informations, advice and reviews are

IMHO
> > bogus.

> Anyone familiar with statistics and survey methodology would find
> Consumer Reports' ratings suspect. They should be a _guide_ to
> purchasing and no more. Never consider or exclude a product just
> because CR "says so."
>
> sd

Sheldon

Marc N_O-S_P_A_M wrote:
> One of the problems was that often much of what they reviewed was

from the
> previous model year and no longer available. They also hardly ever

reviewed
> the good stuff and never the best stuff.

Why do you care... you initially gave notice that one of your main
criteria is that you "don't want to spend too much"... so don't even
think about top of the line units ("good stuff/best stuff")... you seem
to want it both ways, spend little but get the best. But naturally
you're a fool, because major appliances, especially dishwashers
typically get used very often and can easily last 10-15 years, so the
price paid amortized over their useful life is but pennies a day, so
you may as well have all the bells and whistles, especially since all
operating costs (electric, water, soaps) are essentially the same
regardless of model. The only time I'd recommend buying bottom of the
barrel appliances is if you plan on moving within the next two years,
or you live in a trailer, where the abode depreciates faster than its
contents.

Marc

I live in a rent house!!! and appreciate the input but YOU did not read the
post you only reacted which is your way and one of the things we love about
you. I was referring to why I don't believe in Consumers Guide as a
reliable source of information.

Marc

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Marc N_O-S_P_A_M wrote:
> > One of the problems was that often much of what they reviewed was

> from the
> > previous model year and no longer available. They also hardly ever

> reviewed
> > the good stuff and never the best stuff.

> Why do you care... you initially gave notice that one of your main
> criteria is that you "don't want to spend too much"... so don't even
> think about top of the line units ("good stuff/best stuff")... you seem
> to want it both ways, spend little but get the best. But naturally
> you're a fool, because major appliances, especially dishwashers
> typically get used very often and can easily last 10-15 years, so the
> price paid amortized over their useful life is but pennies a day, so
> you may as well have all the bells and whistles, especially since all
> operating costs (electric, water, soaps) are essentially the same
> regardless of model. The only time I'd recommend buying bottom of the
> barrel appliances is if you plan on moving within the next two years,
> or you live in a trailer, where the abode depreciates faster than its
> contents.

Sheldon

Marc wrote:
> I live in a rent house!!!

Bragging or complaining...

> and appreciate the input but YOU did not read the
> post you only reacted which is your way and one of the things we love

about
> you. I was referring to why I don't believe in Consumers Guide as a
> reliable source of information.

Which is why I began with "WHY THE **** DO YOU CARE". Anything you
write in a previous post becomes part and parcel to any of your
subsequent posts, even in other threads, even years later, so in the
future be verrrry careful not to contradict yourself. And the fact you
omit information from your posts is no ones responsibility but yours,
so shut the **** up about how you live in a rental, you had your chance
to profer that info in your original post.

AND quit top posting, eh... you _NEWBIE_ DOUCHE BAG... Marc is just
another DISHONEST smarmy slime bucket to deal with... he won't last
long.

> "Sheldon" wrote:
> >
> > Marc wrote:
> > > One of the problems was that often much of what they reviewed was

> > from the
> > > previous model year and no longer available. They also hardly

ever
> > reviewed
> > > the good stuff and never the best stuff.

> > Why do you care... you initially gave notice that one of your main
> > criteria is that you "don't want to spend too much"... so don't

even
> > think about top of the line units ("good stuff/best stuff")... you

seem
> > to want it both ways, spend little but get the best. But naturally
> > you're a fool, because major appliances, especially dishwashers
> > typically get used very often and can easily last 10-15 years, so

the
> > price paid amortized over their useful life is but pennies a day,

so
> > you may as well have all the bells and whistles, especially since

all
> > operating costs (electric, water, soaps) are essentially the same
> > regardless of model. The only time I'd recommend buying bottom of

the
> > barrel appliances is if you plan on moving within the next two

years,
> > or you live in a trailer, where the abode depreciates faster than

its
> > contents.

Marc

So eloquent. So you have a problem with change? Who said top posting is
wrong. Sheldon grow up. Not once did I contradict myself.

Marc

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Marc wrote:
> > I live in a rent house!!!

> Bragging or complaining...
>
> > and appreciate the input but YOU did not read the
> > post you only reacted which is your way and one of the things we love

> about
> > you. I was referring to why I don't believe in Consumers Guide as a
> > reliable source of information.

> Which is why I began with "WHY THE **** DO YOU CARE". Anything you
> write in a previous post becomes part and parcel to any of your
> subsequent posts, even in other threads, even years later, so in the
> future be verrrry careful not to contradict yourself. And the fact you
> omit information from your posts is no ones responsibility but yours,
> so shut the **** up about how you live in a rental, you had your chance
> to profer that info in your original post.
>
> AND quit top posting, eh... you _NEWBIE_ DOUCHE BAG... Marc is just
> another DISHONEST smarmy slime bucket to deal with... he won't last
> long.

> > > from the

> ever
> > > reviewed
> > >

> > > Why do you care... you initially gave notice that one of your main
> > > criteria is that you "don't want to spend too much"... so don't

> even
> > > think about top of the line units ("good stuff/best stuff")... you

> seem
> > > to want it both ways, spend little but get the best. But naturally
> > > you're a fool, because major appliances, especially dishwashers
> > > typically get used very often and can easily last 10-15 years, so

> the
> > > price paid amortized over their useful life is but pennies a day,

> so
> > > you may as well have all the bells and whistles, especially since

> all
> > > operating costs (electric, water, soaps) are essentially the same
> > > regardless of model. The only time I'd recommend buying bottom of

> the
> > > barrel appliances is if you plan on moving within the next two

> years,
> > > or you live in a trailer, where the abode depreciates faster than

> its
> > > contents.

Gal Called Jani

One time on Usenet, "Marc" > said:

> So eloquent. So you have a problem with change? Who said top posting is
> wrong.

<snip>

Since the beginning of Usenet it's been held that top posting
is bad form. It messes up the flow of the conversation and that's
quite rude. So is not editing your follow-ups...

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same
sf

On 3 May 2005 08:55:25 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

> Marc N_O-S_P_A_M wrote:
>
> > One of the problems was that often much of what they reviewed was
> > from the previous model year and no longer available. They also hardly ever
> > reviewed the good stuff and never the best stuff.

> Why do you care... you initially gave notice that one of your main
> criteria is that you "don't want to spend too much"... so don't even
> think about top of the line units ("good stuff/best stuff")... you seem
> to want it both ways, spend little but get the best. But naturally
> you're a fool, because major appliances, especially dishwashers
> typically get used very often and can easily last 10-15 years, so the
> price paid amortized over their useful life is but pennies a day, so
> you may as well have all the bells and whistles, especially since all
> operating costs (electric, water, soaps) are essentially the same
> regardless of model.

We're starting to remodel our "basement", which leads directly out to
the yard and one of the appliances we're installing is a diswasher.
One of the contenders is an 18 inch Bosch - because we've had a full
sized Bosch in the kitchen for several years and still love it.

sf

On 3 May 2005 10:30:43 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

> AND quit top posting, eh... you _NEWBIE_ DOUCHE BAG... Marc is just
> another DISHONEST smarmy slime bucket to deal with... he won't last
> long.

Hey. I top post often.
Pfffft, to nay sayers.
sf

On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:25:27 GMT, Gal Called Jani wrote:

> One time on Usenet, "Marc" > said:
>
> > So eloquent. So you have a problem with change? Who said top posting is
> > wrong.

> <snip>
>
> Since the beginning of Usenet it's been held that top posting
> is bad form.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's it's like claiming a bird is a dinosaur.

> It messes up the flow of the conversation and that's
> quite rude. So is not editing your follow-ups...

The default setting on most mainstream news readers is for top
posting, which should give you a BIG clue into what is normal and
what is not these days.

Times change and you haven't changed with them, so that makes you an
official.... Old Fogie.

Goomba38

Marc wrote:

> are worth the money. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would
> appreciate any an all input.
>
> Marc

Consumers Reports. Go to the library and find the buying guide or the
issue that reviews them. I've never been steered wrong using them.
Goomba