whitewater262

Default Seeking gluten-free bread recipes

I have many food allergies, and the gluten free products and recipes
I've found thus far are NOT options for me.

Among other things, I'm allergic to gum (this is a natural substance,
and it encompasses a variety of plant sources -- hydrolyzed vegetable
and/or plant proteins, seaweed and/or kelp, agar, xylitol, and other
ingredients often used as thickeners in gluten-free products).

I'm not a bkaer or chef by trade. However, I have managed to develop
two very simple pancake recipes that forego the usual thickening
aganets and complex formulations so many cookbooks advocate. However,
I'm struggling to make a bread or biscuit recipe.

Ideally, I'd like to make a bread recipe that calls for nothing more
than the following ingredients -- cooking oil, millet flour, water,
vitamin C, baking soda, salt... and if necessary, honey.

I know this can be done, but I lack the necessary experience to pull it
off without some help. Any information appreciated.

Sheldon

whitewater262 wrote:
> I have many food allergies, and the gluten free products and recipes
> I've found thus far are NOT options for me.
>
> Among other things, I'm allergic to gum (this is a natural substance,
> and it encompasses a variety of plant sources -- hydrolyzed vegetable
> and/or plant proteins, seaweed and/or kelp, agar, xylitol, and other
> ingredients often used as thickeners in gluten-free products).
>
> I'm not a bkaer or chef by trade. However, I have managed to develop
> two very simple pancake recipes that forego the usual thickening
> aganets and complex formulations so many cookbooks advocate.

However,
> I'm struggling to make a bread or biscuit recipe.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to make a bread recipe that calls for nothing more
> than the following ingredients -- cooking oil, millet flour, water,
> vitamin C, baking soda, salt... and if necessary, honey.
>
> I know this can be done, but I lack the necessary experience to pull

it
> off without some help. Any information appreciated.

Go he http://www.thebirkettmills.com/

Sheldon

Sourdough gluten free bread ImStillMags General Cooking 11 12-03-2013 06:42 AM
gluten free bread falls MisterB Baking 1 25-11-2007 09:02 PM
Gluten Free Cookies (3 Recipes) Duckie ® Recipes 0 10-07-2005 03:09 AM
Gluten Free bread Tim Recipes 0 15-06-2005 03:12 AM
Seeking gum-free gluten-free recipes whitewater262 General Cooking 5 17-04-2005 10:09 PM