FoodBanter.com

-   -   Seeking gluten-free bread recipes (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/59195-seeking-gluten-free-bread.html)

whitewater262 16-04-2005 06:40 PM

Seeking gluten-free bread recipes

I have many food allergies, and the gluten free products and recipes
I've found thus far are NOT options for me.

Among other things, I'm allergic to gum (this is a natural substance,
and it encompasses a variety of plant sources -- hydrolyzed vegetable
and/or plant proteins, seaweed and/or kelp, agar, xylitol, and other
ingredients often used as thickeners in gluten-free products).

I'm not a bkaer or chef by trade. However, I have managed to develop
two very simple pancake recipes that forego the usual thickening
aganets and complex formulations so many cookbooks advocate. However,
I'm struggling to make a bread or biscuit recipe.

Ideally, I'd like to make a bread recipe that calls for nothing more
than the following ingredients -- cooking oil, millet flour, water,
vitamin C, baking soda, salt... and if necessary, honey.

I know this can be done, but I lack the necessary experience to pull it
off without some help. Any information appreciated.

Sheldon 17-04-2005 12:43 AM

whitewater262 wrote:
> I have many food allergies, and the gluten free products and recipes
> I've found thus far are NOT options for me.
>
> Among other things, I'm allergic to gum (this is a natural substance,
> and it encompasses a variety of plant sources -- hydrolyzed vegetable
> and/or plant proteins, seaweed and/or kelp, agar, xylitol, and other
> ingredients often used as thickeners in gluten-free products).
>
> I'm not a bkaer or chef by trade. However, I have managed to develop
> two very simple pancake recipes that forego the usual thickening
> aganets and complex formulations so many cookbooks advocate.

However,
> I'm struggling to make a bread or biscuit recipe.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to make a bread recipe that calls for nothing more
> than the following ingredients -- cooking oil, millet flour, water,
> vitamin C, baking soda, salt... and if necessary, honey.
>
> I know this can be done, but I lack the necessary experience to pull

it
> off without some help. Any information appreciated.

Go he http://www.thebirkettmills.com/

Sheldon