sticks

Default Backseat Driving in the Kitchen

rotflmao DIMITRI! Trust me Dimitri knows, he grew up in house of women LOL.

Hugs
Sticks (laughing hysterically)

Dimiri wrote:

> Boy did you over react or what?
>
> Next time ask her to get a pencil and paper and take notes on what you are
> doing. if she asks why then you can explain if the dish turns our well you
> or she can duplicate it.
>
> Diversion.
>
> Dimitri

sticks

Glenn I'm laughing, But I feel your pain. It's been 35 years since I
started cooking with my dad. Mom always stayed out of the kitchen and
was stuck with our clean up. The few times she offered a tip I dissed
her as did dad, we went by the book...then she had a few great ideas
that worked well. If I didn't think it would work well I told her so,
but she's had 30 years of me and dad in the kitchen LOL. But mom is a
good cook in her own right or rather because of dad and I she graduated
from steaks and meatloaf and casseroles to sautes and dynamite pastas.

Hey at 68, if you are too old to change that's up to you LOL. at 46 I
don't like people in my kitchen LOL. My father is about the to point
(he's 76) where he irritates me in my own kitchen and he taught me how
to cook. I have this dance with my dad in the kitchen and only Dad and
I can do it. Mom can't do it with him, my siblings can't. They are PUCK
in dad and my Midsummer's night dream! just dad and I. So I toss people
out of my kitchen all the time.

You want good food, get out of my way! I designed my new kitchen so the
island keeps people on the NON cooking side of it LOL. The fridge and
ice maker are on the NON cooking side of kitchen so they don't have to
come in my space LOL.

there is no diplomacy in my cooking LOL. My dh knows that, he also knows
I can can weild a knife better than he can LOL. Even though he's now
Mr. Director in his company LOL.

Went to church with mom and dad on sunday. Had them back here for
brunch, the eggs benedict was done in 20 minutes. No prep ahead of time
LOL. Dad felt bad so did some dishes while mom and I laughed...she said
he feels bad as you didn't let him do the hollandaise. But the greatest
praise to me was Dad telling me "The hollandaise was Perfect!" No
greater compliment could I have received.

Hugs,
Sticks

Glenn Jacobs wrote:
> I wonder if I am the only one with this problem. I like to cook and every
> once and a while will build a new dish just because it seems like it will
> work. In the past I have come up with some very good dishes this way, and
> of course a few busts and one that was such a disaster that I buried it in
> the garden.
>
> Well yesterday I was working on a dish and my wife came and insisted that I
> should do this that and the other. Now to begin with my wife is a average
> to below average cook. Well I got mad did what she said and I destroyed
> the dish. Probably at least partly, because I was so mad.
>
> I know that i should have diplomatically said that I am trying something
> and if it doesn't work out I will make something else. I am no diplomat, I
> am not a people person and since I am 68 I don't think that is going to
> change.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions of a way to handle this, for a person with
> limited interpersonal skills. Maybe some one out there has come up with
> some clever idea for just such occasions.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, sticks
> wrote:

> Glenn I'm laughing, But I feel your pain. It's been 35 years since I
> started cooking with my dad.

> Hey at 68, if you are too old to change that's up to you LOL. at 46
> I don't like people in my kitchen LOL. My father is about the to
> point (he's 76) where he irritates me in my own kitchen and he taught
> me how to cook. I have this dance with my dad in the kitchen and
> only Dad and I can do it.

> Went to church with mom and dad on sunday. Had them back here for
> brunch, the eggs benedict was done in 20 minutes. No prep ahead of
> time LOL. Dad felt bad so did some dishes while mom and I
> laughed...she said he feels bad as you didn't let him do the
> hollandaise. But the greatest praise to me was Dad telling me "The
> hollandaise was Perfect!" No greater compliment could I have
> received.
>
> Hugs, Sticks

Sweetpea, please tell me you have at least SOME pictures of you and your
beloved dad doing your kitchen tango. If you don't, manufacture an
event so that someone can take pictures of the two of you doing your
thang. Trust me. Please.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-29-04.