Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Damsel in dis Dress

"Bob" >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>Carol wrote:
>
>>> Didn't you ever see "Marathon Man"?

>> No, I'm going to need you to explain that one. <confused look>

>Okay, it's a classic Dustin Hoffman film. Hoffman plays a marathon runner
>with a brother in the CIA. He falls into the hands of a former Nazi and
>dentist, who tortures him by drilling holes in his teeth, all the while
>asking, "Is it safe?"
>
>Naturally, Hoffman has no idea what the dentist is talking about, so the
>torture continues.
>
>Where does clove oil fit into it? The dentist applies clove oil to Hoffman's
>teeth to ease the pain of the torture -- the better to start it back up
>again.

That sounds horrible! I'm glad I haven't seen it. I accidentally watched
"The Dentist" with Corbin Bernsen. I kept watching ... waiting for it to
get better. But it never did. Horrible, horrible movie. Horrible.

The reason I asked Wayne what he was doing with clove oil is that he has
posted that he used to have toothaches as a child, and the school nurse
would make him sit with clove oil on them.

Sheesh, we live in a cruel world!

Carol

Substitute for Lemon Extract Frank103 Baking 2 06-04-2007 10:16 PM
Malt Extract Bob S General Cooking 1 10-02-2007 06:00 AM
Malt Extract Bob S Historic 0 10-02-2007 12:59 AM
Malt Extract Bob S Baking 0 10-02-2007 12:55 AM
Regular vanilla extract (natural extract)? Shaynelle Vegan 0 03-01-2007 05:13 PM