don h

Default Aluminum pans?

Is it true that aluminum pans are best for baking? If so, what kind do
you recommend for baking cookies, biscuits, etc?

Vox Humana

"don h" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Is it true that aluminum pans are best for baking? If so, what kind do
> you recommend for baking cookies, biscuits, etc?

You need pans that are sturdy enough to hold up to use and the size that
will fit in your oven. I like the half-sheet pans that you can get at any
of the club stores (Costco, Sam's, BJ's, ) or in restaurant supply stores.
They generally sell for about $3-5 each. Don't bother with the "insulated"
or "air" pans or anything with a non-stick coating. Also, consider using
parchment. It just about eliminates any clean-up or sticking and you can
remove the baked goods a reuse the pan immediately - thus cutting down on
the number of sheet pans you need to buy and conserving storage space.

And yes, aluminum pan are the best for baking. They are cheap, lightweight,
and heat evenly.

Value of 5-Ply Pans and Pots and Copper Vs Aluminum Core W General Cooking 11 14-02-2017 10:11 PM
Aluminum Pans Wes Cooking Equipment 3 14-10-2006 01:05 PM
Quarter sheet aluminum baking pans? donnatella Baking 5 08-01-2006 03:17 PM
French Steel pans vs. the Expensive Pans Rodney Myrvaagnes General Cooking 10 20-05-2004 12:55 PM
French Steel pans vs. the Expensive Pans BJ42 General Cooking 1 20-05-2004 05:03 AM