BJ42

Default French Steel pans vs. the Expensive Pans

I currently have a stainless steel Lagostina set but have moved towards the
french steel pans sold at restaurant supply stores.

Why do people buy $100 pans when a french steel pan costs $12? I am assuming
restaurants use these over the expensive cuisinart/lagostina and all-clad?

Having used both, I think the steel pans are superior and I haven't used the
lagostina pans ever since. I am sure this all comes down to personal
preference and aesthetics but I wonder what you chefs out there prefer and
why?

Have a great night/day !

Stefan

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:43:12 -0400, Kenneth
> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:49:58 -0400, Rodney Myrvaagnes
> wrote:
>
>>but when I do see chefs
>>on someone else's TV, they have always been using professional gear.

>Howdy,
>
>The situation is similar to that of athletes who use a particular
>brand of sport shoe: Advertising...
>
>Also, calling those pots "professional" really speaks to the point in
>another way. The vast majority of professional cooking is done on what
>the OP called French steel (usually called black steel in the trade),
>but now-a-days most of us think of professional cooking gear as the
>shiny stuff we have come to see on the tube. Again, advertising...
>
>All the best,

I guess you didn't read my whle message.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

Ask not with whom the buck stops . . .