George

Default watch out for those evil kids who make homemade cookies...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/
jmcquown

George wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/

Good grief! I can understand being startled by "shadowy figures" but she
wasn't frightened enough to call the cops or to not go outside in order to
go to her sister's house. And you would think she would have stumbled
across the cookies on the way out the door, unless she just ran all
willy-nilly out the back door.

I just don't understand some of the judges and juries these days. I think
it's commendable these teens preferred to stay home and do something nice
for their neighbors. A pox on that judge! (BTW, I don't think 10:30 p.m.
is too late for 17 and 18 year olds to walk through their neighborhood.
Just my opinion.)

Jill

zxcvbob

jmcquown wrote:
> George wrote:
>
>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/

> Good grief! I can understand being startled by "shadowy figures" but she
> wasn't frightened enough to call the cops or to not go outside in order to
> go to her sister's house. And you would think she would have stumbled
> across the cookies on the way out the door, unless she just ran all
> willy-nilly out the back door.
>
> I just don't understand some of the judges and juries these days. I think
> it's commendable these teens preferred to stay home and do something nice
> for their neighbors. A pox on that judge! (BTW, I don't think 10:30 p.m.
> is too late for 17 and 18 year olds to walk through their neighborhood.
> Just my opinion.)
>
> Jill

I saw this about a week ago when the story first broke that they were
being sued. How did it get thru the courts already?

The judge is obviously an idiot. Ms. Young just wanted to punish
somebody (anybody) for crossing her path, and the judge was complicit.
She turned down their offer to pay her medical bills and sued because
their apology didn't seem sincere enough?

But it is pretty obvious that Ms. Young will die alone; a bitter and
lonely woman, so maybe there is a little justice in the world.

Next time, the girls will use a little better judgement -- and leave a
flaming bag of dog crap.

Best regards,
Bob
Nancy Young

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> George wrote:
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/

> Good grief! I can understand being startled by "shadowy figures" but she
> wasn't frightened enough to call the cops or to not go outside in order to
> go to her sister's house. And you would think she would have stumbled
> across the cookies on the way out the door, unless she just ran all
> willy-nilly out the back door.

Hence the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" ... that is pathetic.

nancy

Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > George wrote:

> >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/

> > Good grief! I can understand being startled by "shadowy figures" but she
> > wasn't frightened enough to call the cops or to not go outside in order to
> > go to her sister's house. And you would think she would have stumbled
> > across the cookies on the way out the door, unless she just ran all
> > willy-nilly out the back door.

> Hence the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" ... that is pathetic.

Obviously this woman was looking for a cash cow and wound up with
what the parents offered her in the first place -- medical bills.
I just hope those girls realize that not all people are money
hungry assholes. This trumps the McD's coffee case for greed by
a country mile, IMO...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is

zxcvbob

Nancy Young wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>
>>George wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/

>>Good grief! I can understand being startled by "shadowy figures" but she
>>wasn't frightened enough to call the cops or to not go outside in order to
>>go to her sister's house. And you would think she would have stumbled
>>across the cookies on the way out the door, unless she just ran all
>>willy-nilly out the back door.

> Hence the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" ... that is pathetic.
>
> nancy

Apparently, Wanita Young does not live alone; she is married. I would
have never guessed that. The Ostergaards (the family of one of the
girls involved) had to get a restraining order against Herb Young after
he made threatening phone calls to their house.

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/storie...age=2&id=77703

Hoping they will self-distruct,
Bob
zxcvbob

zxcvbob wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Good grief! I can understand being startled by "shadowy figures" but
>>> she
>>> wasn't frightened enough to call the cops or to not go outside in
>>> order to
>>> go to her sister's house. And you would think she would have stumbled
>>> across the cookies on the way out the door, unless she just ran all
>>> willy-nilly out the back door.

>> Hence the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" ... that is pathetic.
>>
>> nancy

> Apparently, Wanita Young does not live alone; she is married. I would
> have never guessed that. The Ostergaards (the family of one of the
> girls involved) had to get a restraining order against Herb Young after
> he made threatening phone calls to their house.
>
> http://www.kotv.com/main/home/storie...age=2&id=77703
>
> Hoping they will self-distruct,
> Bob

Here's a better link:
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...696774,00.html

Bob
CaptCook

"Gal Called J.J wrote ...
> Obviously this woman was looking for a cash cow and wound up with
> what the parents offered her in the first place -- medical bills.
> I just hope those girls realize that not all people are money
> hungry assholes. This trumps the McD's coffee case for greed by
> a country mile, IMO...

You are leaving out the quality of the judge and lawyers involved.