Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Test No Evil

Oh, great! We're in the exponential-growth
phase, and USDA wants to turn off the lights.

Quoting from:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...4&refer=canada

The U.S. may reduce
the number of tests for mad-cow disease by
almost 90 percent after data collected over two
years showed the domestic herd is healthy,
government officials said.

The decision on whether to cut back on tests
will be made after experts review a draft
analysis of data on almost 700,000 animals
screened since June 2004, Agriculture Secretary
Mike Johanns said today at a news conference
in Washington. The testing program turned up
two cases after the U.S. found its first mad-cow
infection in December 2003.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hmmm. If the US really tests all cattle stock for BSE on a regular
basis, it's a well kept secret.

```````````````````````````````

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> Well of course. Since it's only been *reported* twice, then the
> problem can only get better, right?
>
> It's too bad they rarely test the sick animals - only the healthy
> ones. There's a lot more mad cow out there than what's being
> reported.
>
> -sw

Not only that, but when it was found in Canada, they halted importation
of beef and warned people not to eat Canadian beef. When they found it
here, Monkey Boy almost immediately went on camera and encouraged US
beef consumption. We're all ****ed and Big Business is driving the
bus. If there is a huge outbreak, I doubt we willl ever hear about it.

-L.
(beef-free for almost 3 years)