limey

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
.. .
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> BOB wrote:
>>>
>>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be
>>> considered a "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view. So,
>>> back to your question..." What clique?"

>> I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
>> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
>> cut out for them.
>>
>> nancy

> I'd like to see the person back up who made a gourmet breakfast from 3
> capers, one slice of string cheese and 2 rice chex. (I've never bought
> string cheese or rice chex in my life... guilty on the capers but there
> are
> never only 3 left!)
>
> Jill (not a member of the Cabal but I am a Trollop)

I'm with you, Jill. No string cheese or Rice Chex here either. I do think
I was made an Honorary Trollop sometime back - right, Carol?
OB food: Darn it. I was going to post my tuna and capers appetizer, but
can't find it even on Google. It was good, too. :-(

Dora

PENMART01

> I am trying to lose 30 pounds. Either that or buy new bras.
>
>Becca

Buy new bras.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

> I am trying to lose 30 pounds. Either that or buy new bras.
>
>Becca

Buy new bras.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:47:48 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> (still has no idea who the 10 are)

A couple of years ago, someone had a program that counted
number of posts, replies & OPs.... Squeeks? Maybe our Miss
I Won't Return (in our dreams) has one too and is miffed
she's not in the running.

sf
sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:47:48 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> (still has no idea who the 10 are)

A couple of years ago, someone had a program that counted
number of posts, replies & OPs.... Squeeks? Maybe our Miss
I Won't Return (in our dreams) has one too and is miffed
she's not in the running.

sf
jmcquown

limey wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
>>> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
>>> cut out for them.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I'd like to see the person back up who made a gourmet breakfast from
>> 3 capers, one slice of string cheese and 2 rice chex. (I've never
>> bought string cheese or rice chex in my life... guilty on the capers
>> but there are
>> never only 3 left!)
>>
>> Jill (not a member of the Cabal but I am a Trollop)

> I'm with you, Jill. No string cheese or Rice Chex here either. I do
> think I was made an Honorary Trollop sometime back - right, Carol?
> OB food: Darn it. I was going to post my tuna and capers
> appetizer, but can't find it even on Google. It was good, too. :-(
>
> Dora

Dora, if you'd make a string cheese and capers appetizer you'd be okay in
her book Oh well!

Jill

jmcquown

limey wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
>>> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
>>> cut out for them.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I'd like to see the person back up who made a gourmet breakfast from
>> 3 capers, one slice of string cheese and 2 rice chex. (I've never
>> bought string cheese or rice chex in my life... guilty on the capers
>> but there are
>> never only 3 left!)
>>
>> Jill (not a member of the Cabal but I am a Trollop)

> I'm with you, Jill. No string cheese or Rice Chex here either. I do
> think I was made an Honorary Trollop sometime back - right, Carol?
> OB food: Darn it. I was going to post my tuna and capers
> appetizer, but can't find it even on Google. It was good, too. :-(
>
> Dora

Dora, if you'd make a string cheese and capers appetizer you'd be okay in
her book Oh well!

Jill

sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:04:10 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be considered a
> "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view.

Hey like being in high school all over again...

> So, back to your question..." What clique?"

As you just witnessed, only "outsiders" (those who want to
be "in") can identify a clique.

sf

sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:04:10 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be considered a
> "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view.

Hey like being in high school all over again...

> So, back to your question..." What clique?"

As you just witnessed, only "outsiders" (those who want to
be "in") can identify a clique.

sf
sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:32:05 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher.

SubZero hasn't been a topic for a while (years?). We always
discuss pots & pans... and Bosch WAS a topic (concerning
that horrid beep at the end of the cycle).

I don't know what her problem is and frankly don't care.

sf
Goomba38

JimLane wrote:

>> This post puzzles me -- I've popped in and out of RFC for several
>> years now, under several names,

> Which, of course, begs the question, "why?"
> jim

Doesn't beg any question in my mind. I've used a
few various names online myself as I change ISP's
and can't get my first choice email name.

Becca

sf wrote:

> A couple of years ago, someone had a program that counted
> number of posts, replies & OPs.... Squeeks? Maybe our Miss
> I Won't Return (in our dreams) has one too and is miffed
> she's not in the running.
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

That could be Netscan.

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...ng&searchdate=

Becca
Becca

sf wrote:

> A couple of years ago, someone had a program that counted
> number of posts, replies & OPs.... Squeeks? Maybe our Miss
> I Won't Return (in our dreams) has one too and is miffed
> she's not in the running.
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

That could be Netscan.

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...ng&searchdate=

Becca
limey

"jmcquown" wrote in message

> limey wrote:

>>> I'd like to see the person back up who made a gourmet breakfast from
>>> 3 capers, one slice of string cheese and 2 rice chex. (I've never
>>> bought string cheese or rice chex in my life... guilty on the capers
>>> but there are
>>> never only 3 left!)
>>>
>>> Jill (not a member of the Cabal but I am a Trollop)

>> I'm with you, Jill. No string cheese or Rice Chex here either. I do
>> think I was made an Honorary Trollop sometime back - right, Carol?
>> OB food: Darn it. I was going to post my tuna and capers
>> appetizer, but can't find it even on Google. It was good, too. :-(
>>
>> Dora

> Dora, if you'd make a string cheese and capers appetizer you'd be okay in
> her book Oh well!
>
> Jill

Reminder to self: Buy a box of Rice Chex.
Oh - and that string cheese. I am now an official clique member. Ta da.

Dora

Steve Calvin

limey wrote:

> Reminder to self: Buy a box of Rice Chex.
> Oh - and that string cheese. I am now an official clique member. Ta da.
>
> Dora

I don't see how, you forgot the capers! ;-)

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

limey

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
> limey wrote:
>>
>> Reminder to self: Buy a box of Rice Chex.
>> Oh - and that string cheese. I am now an official clique member. Ta da.
>>
>> Dora

> I don't see how, you forgot the capers! ;-)
>
> Steve

Ah hain't fergit - dose suckers are already on site - I mean sight. ;-)

Dora

limey

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
> limey wrote:
>>
>> Reminder to self: Buy a box of Rice Chex.
>> Oh - and that string cheese. I am now an official clique member. Ta da.
>>
>> Dora

> I don't see how, you forgot the capers! ;-)
>
> Steve

Ah hain't fergit - dose suckers are already on site - I mean sight. ;-)

Dora

sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:21:02 -0500, Goomba38
> wrote:

> Doesn't beg any question in my mind. I've used a
> few various names online myself as I change ISP's
> and can't get my first choice email name.

You don't have to use your email name! Use a "pen" name.

sf
sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:21:02 -0500, Goomba38
> wrote:

> Doesn't beg any question in my mind. I've used a
> few various names online myself as I change ISP's
> and can't get my first choice email name.

You don't have to use your email name! Use a "pen" name.

sf
Susan Edkins

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:32:05 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher.

> SubZero hasn't been a topic for a while (years?). We always
> discuss pots & pans... and Bosch WAS a topic (concerning
> that horrid beep at the end of the cycle).
>
> I don't know what her problem is and frankly don't care.
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhh------but that is one quiet dishwasher. I'd put up
with the beep if someone wanted to give me one.

Cheers,

Susan Edkins

Susan Edkins

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:32:05 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher.

> SubZero hasn't been a topic for a while (years?). We always
> discuss pots & pans... and Bosch WAS a topic (concerning
> that horrid beep at the end of the cycle).
>
> I don't know what her problem is and frankly don't care.
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhh------but that is one quiet dishwasher. I'd put up
with the beep if someone wanted to give me one.

Cheers,

Susan Edkins

BOB

Nancy Young wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Ida Slapter wrote:
>>> Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
>>> doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three weeks.
>>>
>>> They are the ones that tell you how to bake your potato and WHY you
>>> are wrong. They are the ones that tell you they had three capers,
>>> one slice of string cheese and two Rice Chex and made this glamorous
>>> breakfast for one. They are the ones that tell you you have no
>>> right to even be in a kitchen because you don't have a complete set of
>>> copper cookware, a SubZero refrigerator, or a Bosch dishwasher.
>>>
>>> YOU know who the are too.

>> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be considered a
>> "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view. So, back to your
>> question..." What clique?"

> I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
> cut out for them.
>
> nancy

Heh heh. Re-read the name. You don't think anything of any merit would be
posted from that screen name, do you?

BOB

BOB

Nancy Young wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Ida Slapter wrote:
>>> Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
>>> doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three weeks.
>>>
>>> They are the ones that tell you how to bake your potato and WHY you
>>> are wrong. They are the ones that tell you they had three capers,
>>> one slice of string cheese and two Rice Chex and made this glamorous
>>> breakfast for one. They are the ones that tell you you have no
>>> right to even be in a kitchen because you don't have a complete set of
>>> copper cookware, a SubZero refrigerator, or a Bosch dishwasher.
>>>
>>> YOU know who the are too.

>> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be considered a
>> "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view. So, back to your
>> question..." What clique?"

> I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
> cut out for them.
>
> nancy

Heh heh. Re-read the name. You don't think anything of any merit would be
posted from that screen name, do you?

BOB

BOB

jmcquown wrote:

> I'd like to see the person back up who made a gourmet breakfast from 3
> capers, one slice of string cheese and 2 rice chex. (I've never bought
> string cheese or rice chex in my life... guilty on the capers but there are
> never only 3 left!)
>
> Jill (not a member of the Cabal but I am a Trollop)

C'mon, stringy cheese is a comfort food to some of us. I didn't think that it
came in slices though.
Rice Chex was my favorite cereal one year. You should have seen the other
choices though.
I don't usually keep capers around, they're for special occasions, and the
entire jar gets used, no leftovers.

BOB

BOB

jmcquown wrote:

> I'd like to see the person back up who made a gourmet breakfast from 3
> capers, one slice of string cheese and 2 rice chex. (I've never bought
> string cheese or rice chex in my life... guilty on the capers but there are
> never only 3 left!)
>
> Jill (not a member of the Cabal but I am a Trollop)

C'mon, stringy cheese is a comfort food to some of us. I didn't think that it
came in slices though.
Rice Chex was my favorite cereal one year. You should have seen the other
choices though.
I don't usually keep capers around, they're for special occasions, and the
entire jar gets used, no leftovers.

BOB

BOB

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:47:48 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> (still has no idea who the 10 are)

> A couple of years ago, someone had a program that counted
> number of posts, replies & OPs.... Squeeks? Maybe our Miss
> I Won't Return (in our dreams) has one too and is miffed
> she's not in the running.
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

I remember that. IIRC, it made me cut back on my postings in a couple of
groups.
:-0

BOB

BOB

Becca wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
>> A couple of years ago, someone had a program that counted
>> number of posts, replies & OPs.... Squeeks? Maybe our Miss
>> I Won't Return (in our dreams) has one too and is miffed
>> she's not in the running.
>>
>> sf
>> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

> That could be Netscan.
>
> http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...ng&searchdate=
>
> Becca

That's not in the same format that I remember, but it's the same information.
Miss "I Won't Return" only needed 113 posts to get on the list and 263 to take
top honors.
Some people...

BOB
Oh, and thanks for the link!

BOB

Becca wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
>> A couple of years ago, someone had a program that counted
>> number of posts, replies & OPs.... Squeeks? Maybe our Miss
>> I Won't Return (in our dreams) has one too and is miffed
>> she's not in the running.
>>
>> sf
>> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

> That could be Netscan.
>
> http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...ng&searchdate=
>
> Becca

That's not in the same format that I remember, but it's the same information.
Miss "I Won't Return" only needed 113 posts to get on the list and 263 to take
top honors.
Some people...

BOB
Oh, and thanks for the link!

JimLane

Goomba38 wrote:
> JimLane wrote:
>
>>> This post puzzles me -- I've popped in and out of RFC for several
>>> years now, under several names,

>> Which, of course, begs the question, "why?"
>> jim

> Doesn't beg any question in my mind. I've used a few various names
> online myself as I change ISP's and can't get my first choice email name.

There is a big difference in a different e-mail addy, ISP, user name and
your "name." No matter what ISP I have had in the past, I have always
signed:

jim

So the questions remains: why different names? Not e-mail addy, not ISP,
not user name on your ISP, just "name?".

jim
JimLane

Goomba38 wrote:
> JimLane wrote:
>
>>> This post puzzles me -- I've popped in and out of RFC for several
>>> years now, under several names,

>> Which, of course, begs the question, "why?"
>> jim

> Doesn't beg any question in my mind. I've used a few various names
> online myself as I change ISP's and can't get my first choice email name.

There is a big difference in a different e-mail addy, ISP, user name and
your "name." No matter what ISP I have had in the past, I have always
signed:

jim

So the questions remains: why different names? Not e-mail addy, not ISP,
not user name on your ISP, just "name?".

jim
Nancy Young

BOB wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> > BOB wrote:
> >>
> >> Nancy Young wrote:

> >> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be considered a
> >> "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view. So, back to your
> >> question..." What clique?"

> > I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
> > SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
> > cut out for them.
> >
> > nancy

> Heh heh. Re-read the name. You don't think anything of any merit would be
> posted from that screen name, do you?

(laughing) Actually, no, but it bugged me a little that some people
might take it seriously. Fair is fair.

nancy

sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:23:05 GMT, "Susan Edkins"
> wrote:

> Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhh------but that is one quiet dishwasher. I'd put up
> with the beep if someone wanted to give me one.

Yes, I love mine... I'm pretty sure it was probably on the
cutting edge of quiet, but others are quiet now too -
Kitchen Aide for one.

Same goes for SubZero, Amana and GE make refrigerators that
mimic many of their models. I particularly like the idea of
undercounter drawers.

sf
sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:23:05 GMT, "Susan Edkins"
> wrote:

> Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhh------but that is one quiet dishwasher. I'd put up
> with the beep if someone wanted to give me one.

Yes, I love mine... I'm pretty sure it was probably on the
cutting edge of quiet, but others are quiet now too -
Kitchen Aide for one.

Same goes for SubZero, Amana and GE make refrigerators that
mimic many of their models. I particularly like the idea of
undercounter drawers.

sf
sf

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:28:01 -0600, Becca >
wrote:

> That could be Netscan.
>
> http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...ng&searchdate=

That must be the one.
thanks

sf
sf

wrote:

> That could be Netscan.
>
> http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...ng&searchdate=

That must be the one.
thanks

sf
limey

"limey" wrote in message >

> OB food: Darn it. I was going to post my tuna and capers appetizer, but
> can't find it even on Google. It was good, too. :-(
>
> Dora

OK - the recipe resurfaced. That takes care of the capers:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Marinated Tuna

Recipe By ora

2 cans tuna -- drained
1 large onion -- sliced very thin
1 large lemon -- sliced very thin
1 small jar capers and juice
3 tablespoons wine vinegar
3/4 cup sour cream

Break tuna into pieces. Mix with onions and lemons. Add capers, juice,
vinegar and sour cream. Toss lightly and refrigerate overnight or 24 hours.

Remove lemon. Serve with crackers or party rye.

Dora