FoodBanter.com

-   -   From the Net Nazi (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/45643-net-nazi.html)

Mama2EandJ 26-11-2004 04:19 AM

From the Net Nazi

This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
good this time.

zxcvbob 26-11-2004 04:26 AM

Mama2EandJ wrote:

> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> good this time.

Bye.

zxcvbob 26-11-2004 04:26 AM

Mama2EandJ wrote:

> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> good this time.

Bye.

zxcvbob 26-11-2004 04:26 AM

Mama2EandJ wrote:

> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> good this time.

Bye.

PENMART01 26-11-2004 04:42 AM

>(Mama2EandJ) writes:
>
>This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
>please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not
>ok.

Too bad you haven't the guts to indicate just what it is ****ed you off. And
sorry to bust your bubble but there is no clique. If anyone was going to leave
rfc because people disagreed with them it would be me, and I've been posting
here regularly longer than anyone.

>I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
>good this time.

Well, I'm sure you will disagree with me too, but odds are you won't be missed.

Diagnosis: you suffer from Chronic Statified Dermatitis (excessively thin
skin) and Colon Obstacalitis (obsessed with your own shit).

Prognosis: seek professional intervention... usenet will not change for you.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

JimLane 26-11-2004 07:47 AM

Mama2EandJ wrote:
> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> good this time.

Watch out for the door!

jim

JimLane 26-11-2004 07:47 AM

Mama2EandJ wrote:
> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> good this time.

Watch out for the door!

jim

Ida Slapter 26-11-2004 01:22 PM

On 26 Nov 2004 03:42:55 GMT, (PENMART01) wrote:

>Too bad you haven't the guts to indicate just what it is ****ed you off. And
>sorry to bust your bubble but there is no clique.

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three weeks.

They are the ones that tell you how to bake your potato and WHY you
are wrong. They are the ones that tell you they had three capers,
one slice of string cheese and two Rice Chex and made this glamorous
breakfast for one. They are the ones that tell you you have no
right to even be in a kitchen because you don't have a complete set of
copper cookware, a SubZero refrigerator, or a Bosch dishwasher.

YOU know who the are too.

Happy Holidays to all!

Ida Slapter 26-11-2004 01:22 PM

Becca 26-11-2004 03:50 PM

Ida Slapter wrote:

> Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
> doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three weeks.

You are a faster learner than I am. I started reading this group in May
of '96. I read the group for at least 6 months before I posted a
message. I never noticed a clique.

There are strange people, oddwads and weirdo's in every newsgroup. This
one is no different. If we were all like it would be a dull world,
wouldn't it?

Becca

limey 26-11-2004 04:37 PM

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Ida Slapter wrote:
>
>> Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
>> doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three weeks.

> You are a faster learner than I am. I started reading this group in May
> of '96. I read the group for at least 6 months before I posted a message.
> I never noticed a clique.
>
> There are strange people, oddwads and weirdo's in every newsgroup. This
> one is no different. If we were all like it would be a dull world,
> wouldn't it?
>
> Becca

OB food, Becca. Did you ever find a recipe for the dish you and your mother
had in France? The one with diced potatoes, apples, etc., formed into
patties?

Dora

limey 26-11-2004 04:37 PM

Nancy Young 26-11-2004 05:09 PM

Mama2EandJ wrote:

> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> good this time.

I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?

nancy

Dave Smith 26-11-2004 05:16 PM

Nancy Young wrote:

> Mama2EandJ wrote:
> >
> > This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> > please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> > I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> > good this time.

> I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?

Damned if I know what the clique is, and I have been here for a few years. There
are some people who are very helpful, some who provide lots of good information, and
some who are best ignored. I have gathered that there have been occasions where
some people have met up with some of the other posters either individually or as a
small group, but it's basically a bunch of people from all over.

zxcvbob 26-11-2004 05:23 PM

Nancy Young wrote:

> Mama2EandJ wrote:
>
>>This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
>>please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
>>I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
>>good this time.

> I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
>
> nancy

She's talking about The Cabal. (Obligatory "TINC")

Bob

zxcvbob 26-11-2004 05:23 PM

Nancy Young 26-11-2004 05:24 PM

zxcvbob wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > Mama2EandJ wrote:
> >
> >>This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> >>please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> >>I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> >>good this time.

> > I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?

> She's talking about The Cabal. (Obligatory "TINC")

But ... they're gone for the most part, no?

nancy

BOB 26-11-2004 05:35 PM

zxcvbob wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Mama2EandJ wrote:
>>
>>> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever
>>> they
>>> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not
>>> ok.
>>> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
>>> good this time.

>> I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
>>
>> nancy

> She's talking about The Cabal.

Scarey...I almost posted the exact thing. ;-)

(Obligatory "TINC")

Oh? Are you completely sure?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cabal
I think "...It's everywhere, it's everywhere".

> Bob

BOB

BOB 26-11-2004 05:35 PM

zxcvbob wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Mama2EandJ wrote:
>>
>>> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever
>>> they
>>> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not
>>> ok.
>>> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
>>> good this time.

>> I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
>>
>> nancy

> She's talking about The Cabal.

Scarey...I almost posted the exact thing. ;-)

(Obligatory "TINC")

Oh? Are you completely sure?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cabal
I think "...It's everywhere, it's everywhere".

> Bob

BOB

limey 26-11-2004 05:37 PM

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Mama2EandJ wrote:
>>
>> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever
>> they
>> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's
>> not ok.
>> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done
>> for
>> good this time.

> I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
>
> nancy

Oh, you know. The ten people she's says are in the clique. Too bad I'm
number 11.

Dora

limey 26-11-2004 05:37 PM

Becca 26-11-2004 05:38 PM

limey wrote:

> OB food, Becca. Did you ever find a recipe for the dish you and your mother
> had in France? The one with diced potatoes, apples, etc., formed into
> patties?

No, I have not been able to find the recipe. Maybe that is a good
thing, I am trying to lose 30 pounds. Either that or buy new bras. :(

Becca

Becca 26-11-2004 05:38 PM

Nancy Young 26-11-2004 05:47 PM

limey wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> > Mama2EandJ wrote:
> >>
> >> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever
> >> they
> >> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's
> >> not ok.
> >> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done
> >> for
> >> good this time.

> > I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
> >
> > nancy

> Oh, you know. The ten people she's says are in the clique. Too bad I'm
> number 11.

(laugh) Well, I think you should be an honorary member. Except it
doesn't sound like a good thing, so maybe not.

nancy (still has no idea who the 10 are)

BOB 26-11-2004 06:04 PM

Nancy Young wrote:
> limey wrote:

>>> I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
>>>
>>> nancy

>> Oh, you know. The ten people she's says are in the clique. Too bad I'm
>> number 11.

> (laugh) Well, I think you should be an honorary member. Except it
> doesn't sound like a good thing, so maybe not.
>
> nancy (still has no idea who the 10 are)

You're serious?
Didn't you see the list? (let me look...here)
Here's the response that seems to describe the "clique".

Ida Slapter wrote:
> Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
> doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three weeks.
>
> They are the ones that tell you how to bake your potato and WHY you
> are wrong. They are the ones that tell you they had three capers,
> one slice of string cheese and two Rice Chex and made this glamorous
> breakfast for one. They are the ones that tell you you have no
> right to even be in a kitchen because you don't have a complete set of
> copper cookware, a SubZero refrigerator, or a Bosch dishwasher.
>
> YOU know who the are too.
>
> Happy Holidays to all!

*EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be considered a
"clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view. So, back to your
question..." What clique?"

HTH

BOB
;-)

Nancy Young 26-11-2004 06:32 PM

BOB wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> Ida Slapter wrote:
> > Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
> > doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three weeks.
> >
> > They are the ones that tell you how to bake your potato and WHY you
> > are wrong. They are the ones that tell you they had three capers,
> > one slice of string cheese and two Rice Chex and made this glamorous
> > breakfast for one. They are the ones that tell you you have no
> > right to even be in a kitchen because you don't have a complete set of
> > copper cookware, a SubZero refrigerator, or a Bosch dishwasher.
> >
> > YOU know who the are too.

> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be considered a
> "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view. So, back to your
> question..." What clique?"

I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
cut out for them.

nancy

Nancy Young 26-11-2004 06:32 PM

Nancy Young 26-11-2004 06:37 PM

Dave Smith wrote:

> Damned if I know what the clique is, and I have been here for a few years. There
> are some people who are very helpful, some who provide lots of good information, and
> some who are best ignored. I have gathered that there have been occasions where
> some people have met up with some of the other posters either individually or as a
> small group, but it's basically a bunch of people from all over.

I think one of the basic rules of a cookin, if it's announced here,
is that everyone is invited. Regulars, lurkers, whomever. What are
you gonna do, some people are just paranoid. I swear to you on a
stack of cookbooks, I never thought I would say this. TINC.

nancy

jmcquown 26-11-2004 06:57 PM

Nancy Young wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Ida Slapter wrote:
>>> Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! YES there is! And it
>>> doesn't take long to find out who the ten are! Took me three
>>> weeks.
>>>
>>> They are the ones that tell you how to bake your potato and WHY you
>>> are wrong. They are the ones that tell you they had three capers,
>>> one slice of string cheese and two Rice Chex and made this glamorous
>>> breakfast for one. They are the ones that tell you you have no
>>> right to even be in a kitchen because you don't have a complete set
>>> of copper cookware, a SubZero refrigerator, or a Bosch dishwasher.
>>>
>>> YOU know who the are too.

>> *EXCEPT* that, most of the regulars that might possibly be
>> considered a "clicque" seem, IMnsHO, to have the opposite view. So,
>> back to your question..." What clique?"

> I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
> SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
> cut out for them.
>
> nancy

I'd like to see the person back up who made a gourmet breakfast from 3
capers, one slice of string cheese and 2 rice chex. (I've never bought
string cheese or rice chex in my life... guilty on the capers but there are
never only 3 left!)

Jill (not a member of the Cabal but I am a Trollop)

jmcquown 26-11-2004 06:57 PM

Barbtail 26-11-2004 07:01 PM

>From: Dave Smith
(snipped a lil here and there to find this meaty chunk *smiles*)

> There
>are some people who are very helpful, some who provide lots of good
>information, and
>some who are best ignored.

Totally agree, Dave-
I don't know of a newsgroup/message board that's not like this. I peek into
this NG usually around the holidays to see what's new and share info etc.
There are lots of trolls everywhere ya go but there's really only one truly
*nasty* personality here and they've been here for years-- don't think they're
leaving anytime soon. It's real easy to ignore em 'cept when ya wanna rattle
their cage a bit *laughs* - and omg if they escape don't chase 'em up a pine
tree!

Everyone else is pretty cool. I love being able to get various
perspectives/tips on food and cooking stuff. There are some great *foodies*
here.

YMMV *chuckles*

Barb Anne

Barbtail 26-11-2004 07:06 PM

>I would like to see that person back up her assertions about the
>SubZero, set of pots and the Bosch dishwasher. Got their work
>cut out for them.
>
>nancy

Can't be me- I shop for my kitchen ware out of dumpsters and second-hand shops
*laughs*

Barb Anne

Barbtail 26-11-2004 07:06 PM

Steve Calvin 26-11-2004 07:29 PM

Nancy Young wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
>

>>Damned if I know what the clique is, and I have been here for a few years. There
>>are some people who are very helpful, some who provide lots of good information, and
>>some who are best ignored. I have gathered that there have been occasions where
>>some people have met up with some of the other posters either individually or as a
>>small group, but it's basically a bunch of people from all over.

> I think one of the basic rules of a cookin, if it's announced here,
> is that everyone is invited. Regulars, lurkers, whomever. What are
> you gonna do, some people are just paranoid. I swear to you on a
> stack of cookbooks, I never thought I would say this. TINC.
>
> nancy

This, as all other usenet groups, is a collection of very diverse
people around the world. Some lurk, some participate every so often,
and others are very active. The folks who are very active are often
perceived to be the clique in any forum. Again, nothing outside of
the ordinary here. There are a variety of opinions and the are often
clashes of opinions. Some folks get along, some don't. Anything unique
yet? Nope, I don't think so either.

People either wake up and recognize that and hang around, or come back
after a "break", or slink off into the darkness.

Gee, how 'bout that. This is just like any other usenet group.

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Steve Calvin 26-11-2004 07:29 PM

sf 26-11-2004 08:06 PM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:24:49 -0600, Howard Larson
> wrote:

> Nancy Young > wrote in rec.food.cooking :
>
> >Mama2EandJ wrote:
> >>
> >> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> >> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> >> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> >> good this time.

> >I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
> >
> >nancy

> Do you think she meant Cabal (there is no cabal) ?

No. She just wanted attention and complaining is the only
way she knows how to get it. I can only imagine how
annoying she is in real life.

sf

sf 26-11-2004 08:06 PM

Gal Called J.J. 26-11-2004 08:08 PM

One time on Usenet, ojunk (Mama2EandJ) said:

> This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
> please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
> I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
> good this time.

This post puzzles me -- I've popped in and out of RFC for several
years now, under several names, and while there are a few folks who
may seem more chummy with each other, it's often because they've met
in person at a cook-in. Everyone is welcome to attend those, so that
can hardly be called a "clique" thing.

Most of the people in this group just love food and are quite happy
to talk about it. And if their kitchen, techniques, skills, attitude,
etc. offend you, killfile them. If that doesn't work, then you're
probably better off not reading this group, or Usenet in general for
that matter.

J.J. -- Not a regular, not a Trollop, not in the RFC cookbook, never
been to a cook-in, but enjoys RFC just the same...

Gal Called J.J. 26-11-2004 08:08 PM

Goomba38 26-11-2004 08:11 PM

Nancy Young wrote:
> Mama2EandJ wrote:
>
>>This group never ceases to amaze me. Some of the clique can say whatever they
>>please, no matter how offensive, but when someone else does it....it's not ok.
>>I left once before and I see not one damn thing has changed, so I'm done for
>>good this time.

> I can't fathom what the heck she's talking about. What clique?
>
> nancy

You know there is no cabal.
Goomba