Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Friday, June 4th, Dinner

I made a skillet of taco meat and had nachos for dinner. Pretty
good as I've not prepared this in about a year, maybe less. There's
enough meat leftover to have nachos for another two days. Also,
a pan of Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownies to which I added
about a half-cup or so of walnuts. Brownies are still too warm to
cut but I'll dive into them soon.

Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.
Trying to watch my calories, dontcha know!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:25:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I made a skillet of taco meat and had nachos for dinner. Pretty
>good as I've not prepared this in about a year, maybe less. There's
>enough meat leftover to have nachos for another two days. Also,
>a pan of Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownies to which I added
>about a half-cup or so of walnuts. Brownies are still too warm to
>cut but I'll dive into them soon.
>
>Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.
>Trying to watch my calories, dontcha know!

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:00:12 -0500, Hank Rogers >

>> I made a skillet of taco meat and had nachos for dinner. Pretty
>> good as I've not prepared this in about a year, maybe less. There's
>> enough meat leftover to have nachos for another two days. Also,
>> a pan of Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownies to which I added
>> about a half-cup or so of walnuts. Brownies are still too warm to
>> cut but I'll dive into them soon.
>>
>> Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.
>> Trying to watch my calories, dontcha know!
>>

>I make nachos about every week. I use those "scoops" corn chips.
>
>Ground beef, refried beans, cheese, etc. Usually habanero sauce.
>
>For Popeye: I use ground mystery meat. I don't even **** my aunt.
>
>I would share with yoose homosexuals, but yoose the only Queer I know.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:00:21 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> I make nachos about every week. I use those "scoops" corn chips.

I had just the flat round chips; I'm not a fan of the triangular "restaurant"
chips. I really like the smaller round ones but my store no longer stocks
those.

> Ground beef, refried beans, cheese, etc. Usually habanero sauce.

No beans here but I did drizzle con queso sauce on the chips before
scattering the meat over them. That seems to help with the meat
not dropping off. I thought about a dab of sour cream but decided
to chow down with just cheese and meat.

> For Popeye: I use ground mystery meat. I don't even **** my aunt.

I used 80/20 mystery meat and homemade taco seasoning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 16:12:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:00:21 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>
>> I make nachos about every week. I use those "scoops" corn chips.
>>

>I had just the flat round chips; I'm not a fan of the triangular "restaurant"
>chips. I really like the smaller round ones but my store no longer stocks
>those.
>>
>> Ground beef, refried beans, cheese, etc. Usually habanero sauce.
>>

>No beans here but I did drizzle con queso sauce on the chips before
>scattering the meat over them. That seems to help with the meat
>not dropping off. I thought about a dab of sour cream but decided
>to chow down with just cheese and meat.
>>
>> For Popeye: I use ground mystery meat. I don't even **** my aunt.
>>

>I used 80/20 mystery meat and homemade taco seasoning.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:25:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I made a skillet of taco meat and had nachos for dinner. Pretty
>good as I've not prepared this in about a year, maybe less. There's
>enough meat leftover to have nachos for another two days. Also,
>a pan of Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownies to which I added
>about a half-cup or so of walnuts. Brownies are still too warm to
>cut but I'll dive into them soon.
>
>Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea,

lol

>I had a diet lemon-lime soda.

With xanthan gum at least?

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 12:30:37 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:25:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>

>>I made a skillet of taco meat and had nachos for dinner. Pretty
>>good as I've not prepared this in about a year, maybe less. There's
>>enough meat leftover to have nachos for another two days. Also,
>>a pan of Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownies to which I added
>>about a half-cup or so of walnuts. Brownies are still too warm to
>>cut but I'll dive into them soon.
>>
>>Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea,

>lol
>
>>I had a diet lemon-lime soda.

>With xanthan gum at least?

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 9:08:35 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:25:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.

> Diet Sprite?

It' was a no-name brand comparable to Diet Sprite, Diet 7-UP, Diet Mist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 10:57:47 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
> reminds me of pond water.

Can be if the tea you brew is not strong enough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:08:32 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:25:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >> I made a skillet of taco meat and had nachos for dinner. Pretty
> >> good as I've not prepared this in about a year, maybe less. There's
> >> enough meat leftover to have nachos for another two days. Also,
> >> a pan of Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownies to which I added
> >> about a half-cup or so of walnuts. Brownies are still too warm to
> >> cut but I'll dive into them soon.
> >>
> >> Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.

> >Diet Sprite?

> I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
> reminds me of pond water.

I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 9:08:35 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:25:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.

> Diet Sprite?

It was a no-name brand comparable to Diet Sprite, Diet 7-UP, Diet Sierra Mist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 4:41:54 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.

Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 4:41:54 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:08:32 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > > wrote:

> > >Diet Sprite?

> > I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
> > reminds me of pond water.

> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.

I don't agree with you very often, but there's really no question that's
the case. I have Everclear to use that I bought for disinfecting 13-14
months ago. I can't think what else to do with it than cranberry juice
cocktail.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:40:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 10:57:47 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
>> reminds me of pond water.
>>

>Can be if the tea you brew is not strong enough.

Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:39:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 9:08:35 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:25:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> >
>> > Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.

>> Diet Sprite?
>>

>It' was a no-name brand comparable to Diet Sprite, Diet 7-UP, Diet Mist.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:41:51 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:08:32 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> >Diet Sprite?

>> I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
>> reminds me of pond water.

>I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2021 5:41 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:08:32 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>>> Diet Sprite?

>> I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
>> reminds me of pond water.

> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.

Forteleza Tequila. Neat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 18:55:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/8/2021 5:41 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:08:32 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>>> I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
>>> reminds me of pond water.

>> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.
>>

>Forteleza Tequila. Neat.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 4:41:54 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.
>>

>Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.

Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.

--
Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 09:17:38 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 4:41:54 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.
>>>

>>Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.

>Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:50:08 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 4:41:54 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> > On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:08:32 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>> > I go through cases of sugar free Sprite with Crystal Palace vodka. Tea
>> > reminds me of pond water.

>> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.
>>

>I don't agree with you very often, but there's really no question that's
>the case. I have Everclear to use that I bought for disinfecting 13-14
>months ago. I can't think what else to do with it than cranberry juice
>cocktail.
>>

>--Bryan

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:42:36 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 9:08:35 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:25:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> >
>> > Sorry Bruce, no buckets of sweet tea, I had a diet lemon-lime soda.

>> Diet Sprite?
>>

>It was a no-name brand comparable to Diet Sprite, Diet 7-UP, Diet Sierra Mist.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 4:41:54 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.
>>

>Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 6:17:43 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.
> >

> Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.
>
> --
> Not Dave Smith

Maybe in Australia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 19:27:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 6:17:43 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.
>> >

>> Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.
>>
>> --
>> Not Dave Smith
>>

>Maybe in Australia.

Yes, in the US you may just add a whole heap of sugar

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 14:12:34 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 19:27:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 6:17:43 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Not Dave Smith
>>>

>>Maybe in Australia.

>Yes, in the US you may just add a whole heap of sugar

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 4:41:54 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd say that vodka and cranberry juice is the smoothest thing out there. Bar none.
> >>

> >Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.

> Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.

Only if the container has pictures of apples on it. Otherwise its a false advertising gimmick.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:31:11 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Cranberry juice does make a nice mixer for vodka.

>> Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.

>Only if the container has pictures of apples on it. Otherwise its a false advertising gimmick.

No pictures are necessary.

Many fruit products contain apple juice, also sugar.... especially
jams/jellies. However somewhere on the label those ingredients are
listed, perhaps instead of apple it will say pectin.
https://www.teoma.us/web?qo=semQuery...c&utm_source=b

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-09 12:37 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:31:11 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.

>> Only if the container has pictures of apples on it. Otherwise its a false advertising gimmick.

> No pictures are necessary.
>
> Many fruit products contain apple juice, also sugar.... especially
> jams/jellies. However somewhere on the label those ingredients are
> listed, perhaps instead of apple it will say pectin.
> https://www.teoma.us/web?qo=semQuery...c&utm_source=b

Ocean Spray "100 % Juice Cranberry" has no added sugar. It is 100%
juice, but not all cranberry juice. The cranberry is sweetened and
supplemented with grape juice.

I have tried pure cranberry juice and I can tell you that it is
way too tart for most palates. I had bought it for my mother because
she used to get kidney stones regularly and thought it might help get
rid of them. She would have gone for the cranberry cocktail but she was
diabetic, so she wanted to try the unsweetened stuff. I love cranberry
but I could not handle that stuff without diluting it and sweetening it
a bit and neither could she.