Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Friday, June 4th, Dinner

On 2021-06-09 12:37 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:31:11 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Cranberry juice tends to be mainly apple juice.

>> Only if the container has pictures of apples on it. Otherwise its a false advertising gimmick.

> No pictures are necessary.
>
> Many fruit products contain apple juice, also sugar.... especially
> jams/jellies. However somewhere on the label those ingredients are
> listed, perhaps instead of apple it will say pectin.
> https://www.teoma.us/web?qo=semQuery...c&utm_source=b

Ocean Spray "100 % Juice Cranberry" has no added sugar. It is 100%
juice, but not all cranberry juice. The cranberry is sweetened and
supplemented with grape juice.

I have tried pure cranberry juice and I can tell you that it is
way too tart for most palates. I had bought it for my mother because
she used to get kidney stones regularly and thought it might help get
rid of them. She would have gone for the cranberry cocktail but she was
diabetic, so she wanted to try the unsweetened stuff. I love cranberry
but I could not handle that stuff without diluting it and sweetening it
a bit and neither could she.