Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default French Cognac vs. other Cognac

On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:33:01 -0500, Hank Rogers >

>>> Each of them thinks theirs is patently different. Like cognac from brandy. We all know its the same stuff, but the manufacturers are so good at twisting the law that sometimes they force you not to sayi its not the same.
>>>

>> There's no 'twisting the law.' In Europe it is my understanding for it to be called
>> champagne it must be made and bottled in France. The other European countries
>> also make 'champagne' but due to the laws it is called something else (Prosecco,
>> etc.). Nothing underhanded or twisting about the names of those sparkling wines.
>>

>Like here, down in da LOO. Only one special cuisine is entitled to
>be called VSTD. It's Only cooked up at 3068 Bellerive. Served with
>Maïs éclaté du trou du cul

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 4:24 p.m., wrote:

>>> Each of them thinks theirs is patently different. Like cognac from
>>> brandy. We all know its the same stuff, but the manufacturers are so
>>> good at twisting the law that sometimes they force you not to sayi
>>> its not the same.
>>>

>> There's no 'twisting the law.'Â* In Europe it is my understanding for
>> it to be called
>> champagne it must be made and bottled in France.Â* The other European
>> countries
>> also make 'champagne' but due to the laws it is called something else
>> (Prosecco,
>> etc.).Â* Nothing underhanded or twisting about the names of those
>> sparkling wines.
>>

> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
> region.Â* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> There's no 'twisting the law.'* In Europe it is my understanding for
>>> it to be called
>>> champagne it must be made and bottled in France.* The other European
>>> countries
>>> also make 'champagne' but due to the laws it is called something else
>>> (Prosecco,
>>> etc.).* Nothing underhanded or twisting about the names of those
>>> sparkling wines.
>>>

>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>> region.* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> There's no 'twisting the law.'Â* In Europe it is my understanding for
>>> it to be called
>>> champagne it must be made and bottled in France.Â* The other European
>>> countries
>>> also make 'champagne' but due to the laws it is called something else
>>> (Prosecco,
>>> etc.).Â* Nothing underhanded or twisting about the names of those
>>> sparkling wines.
>>>

>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>> region.Â* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

Global warming makes dreary tundra's like the UK and the Netherlands
suitable for wine production.

--
The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 07:43:15 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>>> region.* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>>Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

>Global warming makes dreary tundra's like the UK and the Netherlands
>suitable for wine production.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2021 3:43 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Global warming makes dreary tundra's

There is NO "global warming".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:50:51 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/29/2021 3:43 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Global warming makes dreary tundra's

>There is NO "global warming".

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 5:38 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>> region.Â* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

Will they be shipping it back to the Champagne region so they can call
it that, or will they have a high quality product that competes with
their high priced product?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 5:38 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>> region.Â* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

There are some Niagara wineries that produce Champagne style wines using
the traditional methods. They make some pretty good bubbly and there is
no reason it should not be good because our climate and soil conditions
are similar to Champagne.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:50:51 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/29/2021 3:43 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Global warming makes dreary tundra's

>There is NO "global warming".

There's also no pandemic.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 5:38:52 PM UTC-4, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

> >> There's no 'twisting the law.' In Europe it is my understanding for
> >> it to be called
> >> champagne it must be made and bottled in France. The other European
> >> countries
> >> also make 'champagne' but due to the laws it is called something else
> >> (Prosecco,
> >> etc.). Nothing underhanded or twisting about the names of those
> >> sparkling wines.
> >>

> > It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
> > region. We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
> > some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
> > Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

I bet they're looking at every property on Earth that can dump out grapes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2021 4:05 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:50:51 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:
>
>> On 5/29/2021 3:43 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Global warming makes dreary tundra's

>> There is NO "global warming".

> There's also no pandemic.

Lol, but coronavirus!!!

;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 3:54 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 5:38 p.m., Graham wrote:
>> On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>>> region.Â* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

> Will they be shipping it back to the Champagne region so they can call
> it that, or will theyÂ* have a high quality product that competes with
> their high priced product?

No. The French AC regs are pretty tight and well policed. The English
bubbly can well stand on it's own.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 3:57 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 5:38 p.m., Graham wrote:
>> On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>>> region.Â* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

> There are some Niagara wineries that produce Champagne style wines using
> the traditional methods.Â* They make some pretty good bubbly and there is
> no reason it should not be good because our climate and soil conditions
> are similar to Champagne.

Also, with our climate, we can make icewines that out-do the German ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:18:10 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 3:54 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

>> Will they be shipping it back to the Champagne region so they can call
>> it that, or will theyÂ* have a high quality product that competes with
>> their high priced product?

>No. The French AC regs are pretty tight and well policed. The English
>bubbly can well stand on it's own.

Graham's almost as big a patriot as Janet UK. They could be the UK
promotion team together. Travelling the world with little UK flags.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:19:28 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 3:57 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

>> There are some Niagara wineries that produce Champagne style wines using
>> the traditional methods.Â* They make some pretty good bubbly and there is
>> no reason it should not be good because our climate and soil conditions
>> are similar to Champagne.

>Also, with our climate, we can make icewines that out-do the German ones.

Canadian wine sounds like Norwegian mangoes.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 6:19 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 3:57 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

>> There are some Niagara wineries that produce Champagne style wines
>> using the traditional methods.Â* They make some pretty good bubbly and
>> there is no reason it should not be good because our climate and soil
>> conditions are similar to Champagne.

> Also, with our climate, we can make icewines that out-do the German ones.

That has become a major product here. We are pretty well guaranteed to
have temperatures drop to -18 early enough in winter that the birds
don't get all the grapes. It can be marvelous stuff in small does, but
my gawd it is sweet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 18:51:24 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 6:19 p.m., Graham wrote:

>>> There are some Niagara wineries that produce Champagne style wines
>>> using the traditional methods.Â* They make some pretty good bubbly and
>>> there is no reason it should not be good because our climate and soil
>>> conditions are similar to Champagne.

>> Also, with our climate, we can make icewines that out-do the German ones.

>That has become a major product here. We are pretty well guaranteed to
>have temperatures drop to -18 early enough in winter that the birds
>don't get all the grapes. It can be marvelous stuff in small does, but
>my gawd it is sweet.

Yuck, sweet wine. Don't export it, please. Drink it all.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:50:51 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/29/2021 3:43 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Global warming makes dreary tundra's

>There is NO "global warming".

Is your surname Trump?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 3:14 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> There's no 'twisting the law.'* In Europe it is my understanding for
>>> it to be called
>>> champagne it must be made and bottled in France.* The other European
>>> countries
>>> also make 'champagne' but due to the laws it is called something else
>>> (Prosecco,
>>> etc.).* Nothing underhanded or twisting about the names of those
>>> sparkling wines.
>>>

>> It not only has to be made in France. It has to be from the Champagne
>> region.* We used to have a number of locally made Champagne wines but
>> some time back they had to stop calling it that. Now they names like
>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

As I understand it, some of the wine crops are moving a bit northerly
due global warming.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 08:22:14 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:18:10 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>>> Will they be shipping it back to the Champagne region so they can call
>>> it that, or will they* have a high quality product that competes with
>>> their high priced product?

>>No. The French AC regs are pretty tight and well policed. The English
>>bubbly can well stand on it's own.

>Graham's almost as big a patriot as Janet UK. They could be the UK
>promotion team together. Travelling the world with little UK flags.

Currently, thanks to Trump, those little UK flags get a nicer
reception than the stars and stripes!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 07:43:28 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sun, 30 May 2021 07:43:15 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>>Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>>vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

>>Global warming makes dreary tundra's like the UK and the Netherlands
>>suitable for wine production.

>Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

Well the 'other' Dave Smith is mindlessly boring. You must have a
sorry life to spend all this time with these senseless posts. We can
out wait you though, so keep trying!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 22:32:01 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Sun, 30 May 2021 08:22:14 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:18:10 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>>
>>>No. The French AC regs are pretty tight and well policed. The English
>>>bubbly can well stand on it's own.

>>Graham's almost as big a patriot as Janet UK. They could be the UK
>>promotion team together. Travelling the world with little UK flags.

>Currently, thanks to Trump, those little UK flags get a nicer
>reception than the stars and stripes!

Yes, although the UK has always been more popular than the US, at
least in Europe and Australia. Any European country's more popular
than the US, although I'm not sure about Albania.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 9:31 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:

Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

> As I understand it, some of the wine crops are moving a bit northerly
> due global warming.

I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine. We
have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago the local
wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working with varietals
and made some good wines. Others followed suit and now it is a major
industry. Our climate is similar to the that of some of the great wine
regions in France.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-29 9:32 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2021 08:22:14 +1000, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> No. The French AC regs are pretty tight and well policed. The English
>>> bubbly can well stand on it's own.

>> Graham's almost as big a patriot as Janet UK. They could be the UK
>> promotion team together. Travelling the world with little UK flags.

> Currently, thanks to Trump, those little UK flags get a nicer
> reception than the stars and stripes!

I trust you realize you are talking to the frogging troll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:52:03 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 9:31 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>

> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.
>>>
>>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

>> As I understand it, some of the wine crops are moving a bit northerly
>> due global warming.
>>

>I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine. We
>have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago the local
>wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working with varietals
>and made some good wines. Others followed suit and now it is a major
>industry. Our climate is similar to the that of some of the great wine
>regions in France.

I've never seen a bottle of Canadian wine yet. It's always Europe,
Australia, NZ, South America, US and South Africa. Even Algeria,
Tunesia and Morocco, but never Canada. Do you drink it all yourselves?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:53:01 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 9:32 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 May 2021 08:22:14 +1000, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Graham's almost as big a patriot as Janet UK. They could be the UK
>>> promotion team together. Travelling the world with little UK flags.

>> Currently, thanks to Trump, those little UK flags get a nicer
>> reception than the stars and stripes!
>>

>I trust you realize you are talking to the frogging troll.

I'm not a troll. Trollie is asleep, I think. Or what time is it in
Trollie Land?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 9:31 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>

> *Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.
>>>
>>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent
>>> years.

>> As I understand it, some of the wine crops are moving a bit
>> northerly
>> due global warming.
>>

> I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine.
> We have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago
> the local wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working
> with varietals and made some good wines.* Others followed suit and
> now it is a major industry. Our climate is similar to the that of
> some of the great wine regions in France.

Lots of mogen david made there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-29 9:32 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 May 2021 08:22:14 +1000, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Graham's almost as big a patriot as Janet UK. They could be the UK
>>> promotion team together. Travelling the world with little UK flags.

>> Currently, thanks to Trump, those little UK flags get a nicer
>> reception than the stars and stripes!
>>

> I trust you realize you are talking to the frogging troll.

Master doctor druce, right?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2021 10:27 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-05-29 9:31 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>> On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>>

>> Â*Â*Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>>> As I understand it, some of the wine crops are moving a bit northerly
>>> due global warming.
>>>

>> I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine. We
>> have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago the
>> local wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working with
>> varietals and made some good wines.Â* Others followed suit and now it
>> is a major industry. Our climate is similar to the that of some of the
>> great wine regions in France.

> Lots of mogen david made there.

That's good. It is kosher and the finest wine you can get. Used for
sacramental purposes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 22:37:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/29/2021 10:27 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine. We
>>> have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago the
>>> local wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working with
>>> varietals and made some good wines.Â* Others followed suit and now it
>>> is a major industry. Our climate is similar to the that of some of the
>>> great wine regions in France.

>> Lots of mogen david made there.
>>

>That's good. It is kosher and the finest wine you can get. Used for
>sacramental purposes.

Sacramental wine, get outta here!

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/29/2021 10:27 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>>>
>>> Â*Â*Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>>> I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of
>>> wine. We have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60
>>> years ago the local wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys
>>> started working with varietals and made some good wines.Â
>>> Others followed suit and now it is a major industry. Our climate
>>> is similar to the that of some of the great wine regions in France.

>> Lots of mogen david made there.
>>

> That's good.* It is kosher and the finest wine you can get.* Used
> for sacramental purposes.

And the MD 2020 is the finest of their offerings!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 12:40:13 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 May 2021 22:37:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Lots of mogen david made there.
>>>

>>That's good. It is kosher and the finest wine you can get. Used for
>>sacramental purposes.

>Sacramental wine, get outta here!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 22:37:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/29/2021 10:27 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>>>
>>> **Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>>> I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine. We
>>> have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago the
>>> local wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working with
>>> varietals and made some good wines.* Others followed suit and now it
>>> is a major industry. Our climate is similar to the that of some of the
>>> great wine regions in France.

>> Lots of mogen david made there.
>>

>That's good. It is kosher and the finest wine you can get. Used for
>sacramental purposes.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:48:02 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Lots of mogen david made there.
>>>

>> That's good.* It is kosher and the finest wine you can get.* Used
>> for sacramental purposes.

>And the MD 2020 is the finest of their offerings!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 12:00:58 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:53:01 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2021-05-29 9:32 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>> On Sun, 30 May 2021 08:22:14 +1000, Dave Smith

>>> Currently, thanks to Trump, those little UK flags get a nicer
>>> reception than the stars and stripes!
>>>

>>I trust you realize you are talking to the frogging troll.

>I'm not a troll. Trollie is asleep, I think. Or what time is it in
>Trollie Land?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 11:59:52 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:52:03 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2021-05-29 9:31 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>> On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>>

>> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.

>>> As I understand it, some of the wine crops are moving a bit northerly
>>> due global warming.
>>>

>>I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine. We
>>have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago the local
>>wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working with varietals
>>and made some good wines. Others followed suit and now it is a major
>>industry. Our climate is similar to the that of some of the great wine
>>regions in France.

>I've never seen a bottle of Canadian wine yet. It's always Europe,
>Australia, NZ, South America, US and South Africa. Even Algeria,
>Tunesia and Morocco, but never Canada. Do you drink it all yourselves?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:53:01 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 9:32 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 May 2021 08:22:14 +1000, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Graham's almost as big a patriot as Janet UK. They could be the UK
>>> promotion team together. Travelling the world with little UK flags.

>> Currently, thanks to Trump, those little UK flags get a nicer
>> reception than the stars and stripes!
>>

>I trust you realize you are talking to the frogging troll.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:52:03 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-29 9:31 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 May 2021 15:38:46 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>

> Brut, Blanc de Blanc, Traditional Method etc.
>>>
>>> Some of the top champagne houses have been investing in English
>>> vineyards where some superb bubblies have been made in recent years.

>> As I understand it, some of the wine crops are moving a bit northerly
>> due global warming.
>>

>I thought it had more to do with the increasing popularity of wine. We
>have a thriving wine industry here in Niagara. 50-60 years ago the local
>wine was rot gut. Then a couple of guys started working with varietals
>and made some good wines. Others followed suit and now it is a major
>industry. Our climate is similar to the that of some of the great wine
>regions in France.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Cognac [email protected] General Cooking 53 27-06-2007 08:34 PM
Value on Cognac? Chester Perry Wine 5 06-04-2005 02:19 AM
Value on Cognac? Chester Perry Wine 0 04-04-2005 06:50 PM
Cognac question Sigen 3 Winemaking 2 21-12-2003 08:39 PM
Cognac question :-) Sigen 3 Wine 3 21-12-2003 06:27 AM