Chester Perry

Default Value on Cognac?

A friend of mine has two bottles of Remy Martin VSOP Fine Champagne
Cognac, 2pt 8floz - 1947.

Is there any significant value in these bottles?

Many thanks
pavane

None except as collector items if you can find
a collector; possibly on ebay.

The Cognac itself is of interest at least in how
much better quality it is than the current bottling
under the same labeling. If you have a chance buy
a current RM VSOP and open it and taste it against
the older bottle. There will be an astounding difference
in quality, all of course in favor of the older Cognac. This
is how they have maintained virtually the same price point
over 50 - 60 years of inflation. I did this once in 1985 with
a US-market bottling with a treasury stamp, probably dating
the bottle at 1970 or earlier, to a new bottle. Yeah!

pavane

"Chester Perry" > wrote in message
om...
> A friend of mine has two bottles of Remy Martin VSOP Fine Champagne
> Cognac, 2pt 8floz - 1947.
>
> Is there any significant value in these bottles?
>
> Many thanks

pavane

None except as collector items if you can find
a collector; possibly on ebay.

The Cognac itself is of interest at least in how
much better quality it is than the current bottling
under the same labeling. If you have a chance buy
a current RM VSOP and open it and taste it against
the older bottle. There will be an astounding difference
in quality, all of course in favor of the older Cognac. This
is how they have maintained virtually the same price point
over 50 - 60 years of inflation. I did this once in 1985 with
a US-market bottling with a treasury stamp, probably dating
the bottle at 1970 or earlier, to a new bottle. Yeah!

pavane

"Chester Perry" > wrote in message
om...
> A friend of mine has two bottles of Remy Martin VSOP Fine Champagne
> Cognac, 2pt 8floz - 1947.
>
> Is there any significant value in these bottles?
>
> Many thanks

Chester Perry

Thanks

I guess now all we have to do is find a decent excuse to open them....

Chester

"pavane" > wrote in message > ...
> None except as collector items if you can find
> a collector; possibly on ebay.
>
> The Cognac itself is of interest at least in how
> much better quality it is than the current bottling
> under the same labeling. If you have a chance buy
> a current RM VSOP and open it and taste it against
> the older bottle. There will be an astounding difference
> in quality, all of course in favor of the older Cognac. This
> is how they have maintained virtually the same price point
> over 50 - 60 years of inflation. I did this once in 1985 with
> a US-market bottling with a treasury stamp, probably dating
> the bottle at 1970 or earlier, to a new bottle. Yeah!
>
> pavane
>

> "Chester Perry" > wrote in message
> om...
> > A friend of mine has two bottles of Remy Martin VSOP Fine Champagne
> > Cognac, 2pt 8floz - 1947.
> >
> > Is there any significant value in these bottles?
> >
> > Many thanks

Chester Perry

"pavane" > wrote in message > ...
> None except as collector items if you can find
> a collector; possibly on ebay.
>
> The Cognac itself is of interest at least in how
> much better quality it is than the current bottling
> under the same labeling. If you have a chance buy
> a current RM VSOP and open it and taste it against
> the older bottle. There will be an astounding difference
> in quality, all of course in favor of the older Cognac. This
> is how they have maintained virtually the same price point
> over 50 - 60 years of inflation. I did this once in 1985 with
> a US-market bottling with a treasury stamp, probably dating
> the bottle at 1970 or earlier, to a new bottle. Yeah!
>
> pavane
>

> "Chester Perry" > wrote in message
> om...
> > A friend of mine has two bottles of Remy Martin VSOP Fine Champagne
> > Cognac, 2pt 8floz - 1947.
> >
> > Is there any significant value in these bottles?
> >
> > Many thanks

pavane

Leave tasting notes here. Inscribe your place in history.

pavane

"Chester Perry" > wrote in message
om...
> Thanks
>
> I guess now all we have to do is find a decent excuse to open them....
>
> Chester
>
> "pavane" > wrote in message

> > None except as collector items if you can find
> > a collector; possibly on ebay.
> >
> > The Cognac itself is of interest at least in how
> > much better quality it is than the current bottling
> > under the same labeling. If you have a chance buy
> > a current RM VSOP and open it and taste it against
> > the older bottle. There will be an astounding difference
> > in quality, all of course in favor of the older Cognac. This
> > is how they have maintained virtually the same price point
> > over 50 - 60 years of inflation. I did this once in 1985 with
> > a US-market bottling with a treasury stamp, probably dating
> > the bottle at 1970 or earlier, to a new bottle. Yeah!
> >
> > pavane
> >

> > "Chester Perry" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > A friend of mine has two bottles of Remy Martin VSOP Fine Champagne
> > > Cognac, 2pt 8floz - 1947.
> > >
> > > Is there any significant value in these bottles?
> > >
> > > Many thanks

Cognac [email protected] General Cooking 53 27-06-2007 08:34 PM
Value on Cognac? Chester Perry Wine 0 04-04-2005 06:50 PM
Cognac question Sigen 3 Winemaking 2 21-12-2003 08:39 PM
Cognac question :-) Sigen 3 Wine 3 21-12-2003 06:27 AM
Cognac recommendation? J Derby Wine 6 14-11-2003 04:35 AM