Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 1/23/2021

One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils required were
corn cob holders.

I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I bought a
few months ago. I had stored the leftovers in the freezer. Thawed some
of the ribs and had them with corn on the cob. Lots of butter and salt
on the corn. Very tasty!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2021 9:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils required were
> corn cob holders.
>
> I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I bought a
> few months ago.Â* I had stored the leftovers in the freezer.Â* Thawed some
> of the ribs and had them with corn on the cob.Â* Lots of butter and salt
> on the corn.Â* Very tasty!
>
> Jill

I grilled some brats and air-fried some tots and onion rings to go
with them .
--
Snag
Illegitimi non
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2021 10:11 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 1/23/2021 9:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils required
>> were corn cob holders.
>>
>> I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I bought a
>> few months ago.Â* I had stored the leftovers in the freezer.Â* Thawed
>> some of the ribs and had them with corn on the cob.Â* Lots of butter
>> and salt on the corn.Â* Very tasty!
>>
>> Jill

> Â* I grilled some brats and air-fried some tots and onion rings to go
> with them .

Sounds tasty! I don't have any bratwurst in the freezer but I do love a
grilled brat. I do have a package of Italian sausage in casings. It's
nearly time to do something with them, whether diced and browned and
added to scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast, or simmered in in the
casings in tomato sauce to be served over pasta. No decisions made
about how I will cook the Italian sausage. I'm not in the mood for it,
but it's nice to know it's there.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 22:04:00 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils required were
> corn cob holders.
>
> I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I bought a
> few months ago. I had stored the leftovers in the freezer. Thawed some
> of the ribs and had them with corn on the cob. Lots of butter and salt
> on the corn. Very tasty!

How come we haven't seen or heard of The Club and your expense
account for A year or more?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 22:39:20 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/23/2021 10:11 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 1/23/2021 9:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils required
>>> were corn cob holders.
>>>
>>> I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I bought a
>>> few months ago.* I had stored the leftovers in the freezer.* Thawed
>>> some of the ribs and had them with corn on the cob.* Lots of butter
>>> and salt on the corn.* Very tasty!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> * I grilled some brats and air-fried some tots and onion rings to go
>> with them .

>Sounds tasty! I don't have any bratwurst in the freezer but I do love a
>grilled brat. I do have a package of Italian sausage in casings. It's
>nearly time to do something with them, whether diced and browned and
>added to scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast, or simmered in in the
>casings in tomato sauce to be served over pasta. No decisions made
>about how I will cook the Italian sausage. I'm not in the mood for it,
>but it's nice to know it's there.
>
>Jill

Since I was grinding beef for burgers I decided to grind a
trimmed pork butt to mix with Italian herbs and a bit of red pepper
flakes and made six large pattys, four for the freezer and two for
dinner last night... added a can of crushed tomatoes to the pan and
more Italian herbs and red pepper flakes, made a great sauce for my
saw-seege patties.... thought to cook a half pound of pasta but we
decided not. Italian saw-seege patties with Italian tomato sauce with
a tossed baby greens salad was more than adequate. The trimmed fat
from the pork butt went outside for some hungry crows... was 11ºF last
night, now is 10ºF.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2021 9:39 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/23/2021 10:11 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 1/23/2021 9:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils required
>>> were corn cob holders.
>>>
>>> I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I bought
>>> a few months ago.Â* I had stored the leftovers in the freezer.Â* Thawed
>>> some of the ribs and had them with corn on the cob.Â* Lots of butter
>>> and salt on the corn.Â* Very tasty!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Â*Â* I grilled some brats and air-fried some tots and onion rings to go
>> with them .

> Sounds tasty!Â* I don't have any bratwurst in the freezer but I do love a
> grilled brat.Â* I do have a package of Italian sausage in casings.Â* It's
> nearly time to do something with them, whether diced and browned and
> added to scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast, or simmered in in the
> casings in tomato sauce to be served over pasta.Â* No decisions made
> about how I will cook the Italian sausage.Â* I'm not in the mood for it,
> but it's nice to know it's there.
>
> Jill

We've been exploring alternatives to beef since my wife has found it
causes problems for her . I made my first batch of spaghetti sauce based
on Italian sausage (not in casings , just ground) and it turned out
pretty damn good . I need to fine tune the recipe , but she likes it and
that's important to me .
--
Snag
Illegitimi non
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2021 12:46 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 22:04:00 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils required were
>> corn cob holders.
>>
>> I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I bought a
>> few months ago. I had stored the leftovers in the freezer. Thawed some
>> of the ribs and had them with corn on the cob. Lots of butter and salt
>> on the corn. Very tasty!

> How come we haven't seen or heard of The Club and your expense
> account for A year or more?
>
> -sw

Short answer: I am no longer a member.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/24/2021 12:46 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 22:04:00 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > One might call it "Finger Food" because the only utensils
> > > required were corn cob holders.
> > >
> > > I had some nicely spiced very lightly sauced baby back ribs I
> > > bought a few months ago. I had stored the leftovers in the
> > > freezer. Thawed some of the ribs and had them with corn on the
> > > cob. Lots of butter and salt on the corn. Very tasty!

> > How come we haven't seen or heard of The Club and your expense
> > account for A year or more?
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Short answer: I am no longer a member.
>
> Jill

I had suspected COVID shut them down and no one was going to pay for
take out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 8:31:37 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

> > > How come we haven't seen or heard of The Club and your expense
> > > account for A year or more?
> > >
> > > -sw
> > >

> > Short answer: I am no longer a member.
> >
> > Jill

> I had suspected COVID shut them down and no one was going to pay for
> take out.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the club got wind of her never ending denouncements of the food, menus, and staff, of the joint and decided to make her a non-member. My guess is that someone on this newsgroup dropped a dime on her ass. I assume that it's the usual suspect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 8:31:37 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Short answer: I am no longer a member.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I had suspected COVID shut them down and no one was going to pay for
>> take out.

> It seems pretty obvious to me that the club got wind of her never ending denouncements of the food, menus, and staff, of the joint and decided to make her a non-member. My guess is that someone on this newsgroup dropped a dime on her ass.

I don't know if he gave her a dime, but master druce vigorously
sniffs her ass every day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 20:04:45 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 8:31:37 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>> > Short answer: I am no longer a member.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> I had suspected COVID shut them down and no one was going to pay for
>> take out.

>It seems pretty obvious to me that the club got wind of her never ending denouncements of the food, menus, and staff, of the joint and decided to make her a non-member. My guess is that someone on this newsgroup dropped a dime on her ass. I assume that it's the usual suspect.

It seems to me that Jill simply decided to let her membership lapse
and for myriad reasons. I'm sure others decided to quit membership at
the club... people give it a try and decide it's not to their
liking... I would never join any eatery's membership... I much prefer
to cook for myself. We have both found that restaurant food has
greatly deteriorated over the past few years so we no longer eat out.
We used to enjoy Chinese food, even from take-outs, but all we've
tried during the past few years were very disappointing. We noticed
that the employees may look Oriental but they are not Chinese, we both
noticed that they spoke to each other in Harlem Spanish, which is
*******ized Puerto Rican Spanish. We used to like Kosher Delis but
they no longer exist, today any you find are Kosher Style. The owners
of Kosher Delis sent their children to school to become Attorneys,
MDs, and CPAs... they realized there was no future in Kosher Pickles.
Hebrew National is not really kosher, it may have been kosher when the
products left the factory but look in any store and Hebrew National
Frankfurters are right next to Oscar Meyer, sold in the same store
makes them non-kosher... that's like going to a Kosher Butcher Shop
and being able to buy pork chops. Oy Vey! I understand some Brooklyn
Yiddish but not Israeli Yiddish, in Israel they speak Hebrew, not even
close to Yiddish. The Yiddish language is somewhat similar to German.
However Yiddish is a dying language, only some elderly understand it.
Most Jews today don't speak or understand Yiddish. Yiddish was
derived from the Eastern European languages.
http://www.bubbygram.com/yiddishglossary.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 6:47:29 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 20:04:45 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> I had suspected COVID shut them down and no one was going to pay for
> >> take out.

> >It seems pretty obvious to me that the club got wind of her never ending denouncements of the food, menus, and staff, of the joint and decided to make her a non-member. My guess is that someone on this newsgroup dropped a dime on her ass. I assume that it's the usual suspect.

> It seems to me that Jill simply decided to let her membership lapse
> and for myriad reasons. I'm sure others decided to quit membership at
> the club... people give it a try and decide it's not to their
> liking... I would never join any eatery's membership... I much prefer
> to cook for myself. We have both found that restaurant food has
> greatly deteriorated over the past few years so we no longer eat out.
> We used to enjoy Chinese food, even from take-outs, but all we've
> tried during the past few years were very disappointing. We noticed
> that the employees may look Oriental but they are not Chinese, we both
> noticed that they spoke to each other in Harlem Spanish, which is
> *******ized Puerto Rican Spanish. We used to like Kosher Delis but
> they no longer exist, today any you find are Kosher Style. The owners
> of Kosher Delis sent their children to school to become Attorneys,
> MDs, and CPAs... they realized there was no future in Kosher Pickles.
> Hebrew National is not really kosher, it may have been kosher when the
> products left the factory but look in any store and Hebrew National
> Frankfurters are right next to Oscar Meyer, sold in the same store
> makes them non-kosher... that's like going to a Kosher Butcher Shop
> and being able to buy pork chops. Oy Vey! I understand some Brooklyn
> Yiddish but not Israeli Yiddish, in Israel they speak Hebrew, not even
> close to Yiddish. The Yiddish language is somewhat similar to German.
> However Yiddish is a dying language, only some elderly understand it.
> Most Jews today don't speak or understand Yiddish. Yiddish was
> derived from the Eastern European languages.
> http://www.bubbygram.com/yiddishglossary.htm

As I recall, and I might be mistaken, membership in the club was a required condition of the gated community.

Welcome to the new world, uncle! My brother's sushi chef in Indiana is Mexican. There's a Subaru factory in his town and they need sushi for the executives! That's a lucky break for my brother.