Old 11-01-2021, 05:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Working on a nice Fruit Snack before bed time!

1/2 a cantaloupe, peeled and diced, an avocado and several large strawberries now warming gently..they are ready! :-)

BRB...

Old 11-01-2021, 06:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 10:00:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:

1/2 a cantaloupe, peeled and diced, an avocado and several large strawberries now warming gently..they are ready! :-)

BRB...

Do you not care for chilled or at least room temperature fruit? I can't imagine
downing a warm avocado or strawberries.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-01-11 7:51 a.m., songbird wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 10:00:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:

1/2 a cantaloupe, peeled and diced, an avocado and several large strawberries now warming gently..they are ready! :-)

BRB...

Do you not care for chilled or at least room temperature fruit? I can't imagine
downing a warm avocado or strawberries.

it isn't uncommon here for us to leave out a bowl of melon
or other fruit so it will get closer to room temperature before
eating and i've microwaved some to warm it up a bit. i also do
that with salads here or there if i don't want a cold meal.

I eat a lot of fruit and most of it is eaten warm.... especially melon.

Warmed is best! Like on a sunny Summer Day!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Old 11-01-2021, 05:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-01-11 7:51 a.m., songbird wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 10:00:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:

1/2 a cantaloupe, peeled and diced, an avocado and several large strawberries now warming gently..they are ready! :-)

BRB...

Do you not care for chilled or at least room temperature fruit? I can't imagine
downing a warm avocado or strawberries.

it isn't uncommon here for us to leave out a bowl of melon
or other fruit so it will get closer to room temperature before
eating and i've microwaved some to warm it up a bit. i also do
that with salads here or there if i don't want a cold meal.

I eat a lot of fruit and most of it is eaten warm.... especially melon.

I don't eat much fruit. Raisins in my oatmeal are warm. Prunes are room temp.
Apples are room temp on weekdays and fridge temp on weekends.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 11-01-2021, 06:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-01-11 7:51 a.m., songbird wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 10:00:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:

1/2 a cantaloupe, peeled and diced, an avocado and several large strawberries now warming gently..they are ready! :-)

BRB...

Do you not care for chilled or at least room temperature fruit? I can't imagine
downing a warm avocado or strawberries.

it isn't uncommon here for us to leave out a bowl of melon
or other fruit so it will get closer to room temperature before
eating and i've microwaved some to warm it up a bit. i also do
that with salads here or there if i don't want a cold meal.

I eat a lot of fruit and most of it is eaten warm.... especially melon.

I don't eat much fruit. Raisins in my oatmeal are warm. Prunes are room temp.
Apples are room temp on weekdays and fridge temp on weekends.

I like mangoes out of the fridge. I've never warmed up fruit unless it
was part of something baked.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-01-11 12:28 p.m., Graham wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 11:48:43 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Most cheese have more flavor as they near room temperature, Watermelon
aside, room temperature fruit is good.

Warmed strawberries may be OK with a chocolate sauce or the like.

Asked for cheese once in a restaurant and the waiter said that as they
couldn't keep the cheeses at room temperature, a health code rule, they
didn't serve them.

Maybe the airlines should have thought about that when they tried to
serve cold Camembert to one of our entitled senators, forcing her to
claim an extra breakfast on her expense account.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2021 7:51 AM, songbird wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 10:00:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:

1/2 a cantaloupe, peeled and diced, an avocado and several large strawberries now warming gently..they are ready! :-)

BRB...

Do you not care for chilled or at least room temperature fruit? I can't imagine
downing a warm avocado or strawberries.

it isn't uncommon here for us to leave out a bowl of melon
or other fruit so it will get closer to room temperature before
eating and i've microwaved some to warm it up a bit. i also do
that with salads here or there if i don't want a cold meal.

i'm the opposite with cheeses, i don't often like them melted
or warmed up nearly as much as i like them cooler or cold. warmed
up cheese seems to lose almost all the flavor and texture i like.
which is perhaps why i like cold pizza or other similar dishes
more than i like them hot.

songbird

Most cheese have more flavor as they near room temperature, Watermelon
aside, room temperature fruit is good.

Warmed strawberries may be OK with a chocolate sauce or the like.

Asked for cheese once in a restaurant and the waiter said that as they
couldn't keep the cheeses at room temperature, a health code rule, they
didn't serve them.

I can understand the storage, but serving? It does warm up. The waiter
could always put it under his arm on the way tot he table to bring up
the temperature to add flavor.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-01-11 7:51 a.m., songbird wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I store most of my fruit at room temp like apples and mangoes and only put in the refrigerator stuff like strawberries, etc. And I normally warm my mangoes slightly on Defrost in the microwave before eating. Nothing like a body temp mango! "Her lips were like a warm mango" is a phrase I saw a man on TV say years ago! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Old 12-01-2021, 12:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Why not, most of the cooks press hamburger patties that way.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:37:56 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Warm tropical fruit is a very weird thing (to me).

Jill

Me, too. And mango has that 'turpentine' hint in the taste.

Daze OFF mean more when one is working full time! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 5 02-06-2020 01:50 AM
Fruit Snack! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 15 21-06-2019 05:52 PM
OT Nice snack KenK General Cooking 10 11-01-2018 11:03 PM
Nice Snack gloria.p General Cooking 9 29-12-2011 06:34 PM