Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A question about fried chicken

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:27:34 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> I remember when I was 17, I couldn't imagine living to
>> age 25. My parents were in their mid-30s then and seemed
>> so OLD.
>>

>When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.

When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
early. Turkish men were A-holes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 1:00:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 9:38:33 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > Even though we still feel and think young, we are ancient ppls
> > now.
> > Just ask any teenager.
> > Especially once you turn 60, it's all downhill from here. Just be
> > thankful that you are still a few years younger than me.
> >

> In the early '70s, my oldest brother was 40 years old and bought a
> chartreuse Dodge Super Bee. My 20-year-old cousin wanted to what an
> old wanted with such a snazzy car?
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/xCDTSWtY/Super-Bee.jpg

Tell you what car I'd like to drive is a https://www.idealclassiccars.net/veh...rd-thunderbird Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 69, that's just a good looking car. What I do drive is a cheap, low end Chevy, but my retirement car, which is now my son's car, is a https://www.autoevolution.com/review...view-2015.html It gets 40 city / 44 highway, and once my son can afford a more hot shit car, I'll just take over the payments, as my name is on the title too.

Six years and we're getting the heck out of St. Louis and "Going Mobile" for a few years, wandering, following the nice weather, not driving over a few hours a day for the most part.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 14:09:24 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:27:34 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> I remember when I was 17, I couldn't imagine living to
>>> age 25. My parents were in their mid-30s then and seemed
>>> so OLD.
>>>

>>When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.

>When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
>portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
>returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
>deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
>and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
>had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
>early. Turkish men were A-holes.

Turks vote for a fascist dictator. A Trump with balls, so to speak.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:11:25 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> my retirement car, which is now my son's car, is a https://www.autoevolution.com/review...view-2015.html

Here's my retirement car.

https://i.postimg.cc/T2LPgWJs/Lincoln.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:09:28 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:27:34 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >>
> >> I remember when I was 17, I couldn't imagine living to
> >> age 25. My parents were in their mid-30s then and seemed
> >> so OLD.
> >>

> >When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.

> When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
> portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
> returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
> deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
> and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
> had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
> early. Turkish men were A-holes.

You had intercourse with a girl whom you weren't married to, right before leaving for the Navy, knowing full well that if she ended up pregnant, you'd be long gone. WTF did you think would happen? You didn't "father" twin girls. You got a woman knocked up and then left for the Navy. Sounds like there was more than one A-hole in her life.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:09:19 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:09:28 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.

>> When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
>> portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
>> returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
>> deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
>> and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
>> had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
>> early. Turkish men were A-holes.

>You had intercourse with a girl whom you weren't married to, right before leaving for the Navy, knowing full well that if she ended up pregnant, you'd be long gone. WTF did you think would happen? You didn't "father" twin girls. You got a woman knocked up and then left for the Navy. Sounds like there was more than one A-hole

in her life.

Touché.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:27:34 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> I remember when I was 17, I couldn't imagine living to
>>> age 25. My parents were in their mid-30s then and seemed
>>> so OLD.
>>>

>> When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.

> When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
> portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
> returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
> deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
> and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
> had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
> early. Turkish men were A-holes.

Yoose call him an asshole Popeye? He could have had yoose low down
sorry ass put in jail for statutory rape.

Nope, *yoose* the asshole Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 14:09:24 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.

>> When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
>> portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
>> returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
>> deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
>> and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
>> had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
>> early. Turkish men were A-holes.

> Turks vote for a fascist dictator. A Trump with balls, so to speak.

But the dutch still sniff their asses.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:09:28 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.

>> When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
>> portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
>> returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
>> deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
>> and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
>> had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
>> early. Turkish men were A-holes.

> You had intercourse with a girl whom you weren't married to, right before leaving for the Navy, knowing full well that if she ended up pregnant, you'd be long gone. WTF did you think would happen? You didn't "father" twin girls. You got a woman knocked up and then left for the Navy. Sounds like there was more than one A-hole in her life.
>
> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Pay no attention to the *** sailor behind the curtain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Bryan

Hi Bryan, Just to let you know that D. (my husband) has just downloaded you
book and said to say thank you)

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 2:10:58 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:09:19 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:09:28 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 10:13:17 -0700 (PDT), "

> >> When I was 18 I fathered twin girls. Turned out she was 15 and
> >> portrayed herself as 18 and aborted them while I was at sea... when I
> >> returned is when her father brought me to the sleezey MD who did the
> >> deed and I got a lecture. I never forgave her. Her mom was a saint
> >> and divorced the evil *******. Marilyn had four older sisters who all
> >> had children while unmarried and underage. Turkish woman matured
> >> early. Turkish men were A-holes.

> You had intercourse with a girl whom you weren't married to,
> right before leaving for the Navy, knowing full well that if
> she ended up pregnant, you'd be long gone. WTF did you think
> would happen? You didn't "father" twin girls. You got a
> woman knocked up and then left for the Navy. Sounds like
> there was more than one A-hole in her life.
>
> Touché.

I was very careful not to impregnate my underage girlfriends, and if I had, I'd have agreed to marry either one of them in a heartbeat.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 8:11:25 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 1:00:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 9:38:33 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > >
> > > Even though we still feel and think young, we are ancient ppls
> > > now.
> > > Just ask any teenager.
> > > Especially once you turn 60, it's all downhill from here. Just be
> > > thankful that you are still a few years younger than me.
> > >

> > In the early '70s, my oldest brother was 40 years old and bought a
> > chartreuse Dodge Super Bee. My 20-year-old cousin wanted to what an
> > old wanted with such a snazzy car?
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/xCDTSWtY/Super-Bee.jpg

> Tell you what car I'd like to drive is a https://www.idealclassiccars.net/veh...rd-thunderbird Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 69, that's just a good looking car. What I do drive is a cheap, low end Chevy, but my retirement car, which is now my son's car, is a https://www.autoevolution.com/review...view-2015.html It gets 40 city / 44 highway, and once my son can afford a more hot shit car, I'll just take over the payments, as my name is on the title too.
>
> Six years and we're getting the heck out of St. Louis and "Going Mobile" for a few years, wandering, following the nice weather, not driving over a few hours a day for the most part.
>
> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Yoose young peoples think that's a classic T-Bird. Us old fart car nuts desire the 55 to 57 birds. OTOH, I think the 64 to 66 years were the best. The design was futuristic inside and out and it didn't even have any tailfins!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvIv01QNhA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> Hi Bryan, Just to let you know that D. (my husband) has just
> downloaded you book and said to say thank you)

So, Himself liked the book!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 8:11:25 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:

>>> In the early '70s, my oldest brother was 40 years old and bought a
>>> chartreuse Dodge Super Bee. My 20-year-old cousin wanted to what an
>>> old wanted with such a snazzy car?
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/xCDTSWtY/Super-Bee.jpg

>> Tell you what car I'd like to drive is a https://www.idealclassiccars.net/veh...rd-thunderbird Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 69, that's just a good looking car. What I do drive is a cheap, low end Chevy, but my retirement car, which is now my son's car, is a https://www.autoevolution.com/review...view-2015.html It gets 40 city / 44 highway, and once my son can afford a more hot shit car, I'll just take over the payments, as my name is on the title too.
>>
>> Six years and we're getting the heck out of St. Louis and "Going Mobile" for a few years, wandering, following the nice weather, not driving over a few hours a day for the most part.
>>
>> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

> Yoose young peoples think that's a classic T-Bird. Us old fart car nuts desire the 55 to 57 birds. OTOH, I think the 64 to 66 years were the best. The design was futuristic inside and out and it didn't even have any tailfins!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvIv01QNhA

On the other hand, in the future, my guess is we may not have
T-birds on the rocks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 2:35:32 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> Hi Bryan, Just to let you know that D. (my husband) has just downloaded you
> book and said to say thank you)

> https://www.avg.com

I truly hope he enjoys it.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:32:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 2:10:58 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:09:19 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

>> You had intercourse with a girl whom you weren't married to,
>> right before leaving for the Navy, knowing full well that if
>> she ended up pregnant, you'd be long gone. WTF did you think
>> would happen? You didn't "father" twin girls. You got a
>> woman knocked up and then left for the Navy. Sounds like
>> there was more than one A-hole in her life.
>>
>> Touché.

>I was very careful not to impregnate my underage girlfriends, and if I had, I'd have agreed to marry either one of them in a heartbeat.

Me too. But if you're often wearing beer goggles and having one night
stands ...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 2:42:52 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 8:11:25 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > In the early '70s, my oldest brother was 40 years old and bought a
> > > chartreuse Dodge Super Bee. My 20-year-old cousin wanted to what an
> > > old wanted with such a snazzy car?
> > >
> > > https://i.postimg.cc/xCDTSWtY/Super-Bee.jpg

> > Tell you what car I'd like to drive is a https://www.idealclassiccars.net/veh...rd-thunderbird Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 69, that's just a good looking car. What I do drive is a cheap, low end Chevy, but my retirement car, which is now my son's car, is a https://www.autoevolution.com/review...view-2015.html It gets 40 city / 44 highway, and once my son can afford a more hot shit car, I'll just take over the payments, as my name is on the title too.
> >
> > Six years and we're getting the heck out of St. Louis and "Going Mobile" for a few years, wandering, following the nice weather, not driving over a few hours a day for the most part.
> >
> > --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

> Yoose young peoples think that's a classic T-Bird. Us old fart car nuts desire the 55 to 57 birds. OTOH, I think the 64 to 66 years were the best. The design was futuristic inside and out and it didn't even have any tailfins!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvIv01QNhA

Those were nice too. By the 1970s, Thunderbirds were not pretty cars. I'm not a car enthusiast, but I do like pretty things.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 3:38:08 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> By the 1970s, Thunderbirds were not pretty cars. I'm not a car enthusiast, but I do like pretty things.

Oh, I don't know. I had a '78 midnight blue T-top Thunderbird with
saddle interior and it was a real looker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 4:46:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 3:38:08 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > By the 1970s, Thunderbirds were not pretty cars. I'm not a car enthusiast, but I do like pretty things.
> >

> Oh, I don't know. I had a '78 midnight blue T-top Thunderbird with
> saddle interior and it was a real looker.

They looked like Lincolns.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 10:38:08 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 2:42:52 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > Tell you what car I'd like to drive is a https://www.idealclassiccars..net/ve...rd-thunderbird Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 69, that's just a good looking car. What I do drive is a cheap, low end Chevy, but my retirement car, which is now my son's car, is a https://www.autoevolution.com/review...view-2015.html It gets 40 city / 44 highway, and once my son can afford a more hot shit car, I'll just take over the payments, as my name is on the title too.
> > >
> > > Six years and we're getting the heck out of St. Louis and "Going Mobile" for a few years, wandering, following the nice weather, not driving over a few hours a day for the most part.
> > >
> > > --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

> > Yoose young peoples think that's a classic T-Bird. Us old fart car nuts desire the 55 to 57 birds. OTOH, I think the 64 to 66 years were the best. The design was futuristic inside and out and it didn't even have any tailfins!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvIv01QNhA

> Those were nice too. By the 1970s, Thunderbirds were not pretty cars. I'm not a car enthusiast, but I do like pretty things.
>
> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Don't get me wrong - those 02 Thunderbirds were pretty cool looking cars. They are somewhat rare and when I pass one in a parking lot, I will stop to admire their design.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:12:22 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 4:46:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 3:38:08 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > >
> > > By the 1970s, Thunderbirds were not pretty cars. I'm not a car enthusiast, but I do like pretty things.
> > >

> > Oh, I don't know. I had a '78 midnight blue T-top Thunderbird with
> > saddle interior and it was a real looker.

> They looked like Lincolns.
>
> --Bryan

Same company.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:32:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 2:10:58 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:09:19 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

>>> You had intercourse with a girl whom you weren't married to,
>>> right before leaving for the Navy, knowing full well that if
>>> she ended up pregnant, you'd be long gone. WTF did you think
>>> would happen? You didn't "father" twin girls. You got a
>>> woman knocked up and then left for the Navy. Sounds like
>>> there was more than one A-hole in her life.
>>>
>>> Touché.

>> I was very careful not to impregnate my underage girlfriends, and if I had, I'd have agreed to marry either one of them in a heartbeat.

> Me too. But if you're often wearing beer goggles and having one night
> stands ...

Druce you should stop telling about your penis adventures.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:45:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:12:22 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > Oh, I don't know. I had a '78 midnight blue T-top Thunderbird with
> > > saddle interior and it was a real looker.

> > They looked like Lincolns.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >

> Same company.

I know that much about cars. I'm just not *into* cars like a lot of guys are. You know, I've never really thought about this before, but I've never owned a vehicle made by Ford. GM, Chrysler, AMC, Fiat, Toyota, Kia, Volkswagen, but no Ford.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:10:27 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:45:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >
> > Same company.

> I know that much about cars. I'm just not *into* cars like a lot of guys are. You know, I've never really thought about this before, but I've never owned a vehicle made by Ford. GM, Chrysler, AMC, Fiat, Toyota, Kia, Volkswagen, but no Ford.

A hundred years ago I could have told you every make and model but now all
I'm interested in is my present car. But I've never owned an AMC, Fiat,
Toyota, Kia, or Volkswagen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-08 7:10 p.m., Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:45:42 PM UTC-5,
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:12:22 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons
>> wrote:

>>> They looked like Lincolns.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> Same company.

> I know that much about cars. I'm just not *into* cars like a lot of
> guys are. You know, I've never really thought about this before, but
> I've never owned a vehicle made by Ford. GM, Chrysler, AMC, Fiat,
> Toyota, Kia, Volkswagen, but no Ford.

I have had Ford, GM AMC, Honda, Datsun, Toyota and Mazda. I worked in a
fleet operation and my experience with Dodge trucks is a major factor in
never having a personal Chrysler product. The best vehicles in our
fleet were Fords. That being said, after my last Ford purchase I will
never get another. The dealership screwed me. I went to see the
franchisee and got nowhere with him so I told him to have a good look at
me going our because he would never see me coming back in. That was not
entirely true because I did go back one more time. I told him there was
something I wanted to show him about my new vehicle. It was a Mazda ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > My mother was 32 when she had me. When I was 17 she was nearly 50.
> > Practically eligible for an AARP subscription. By their definition,
> > she was old.

> AARP lowered their age to 50 many years ago. Guess they needed
> more suscribers.
>
> I joined up at age 50 but they offered nothing that helped me
> so I quit.
>
> Then I joined again at age 64. Still nothing for me so I quit
> again.
>
> I get constant email and snail mail offers from them to this day.

They are a pain. If retired military, they offer nothing we don't
already have.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2020 3:31 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> Hi Bryan, Just to let you know that D. (my husband) has just downloaded
> you book and said to say thank you)

Oh no, not Winter's whatever? I hope your husband enjoys books about
the deflowering of a pubescent young woman disguised in poorly written
prose.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> My mother was 32 when she had me. When I was 17 she was nearly 50.
>>> Practically eligible for an AARP subscription. By their definition,
>>> she was old.

>> AARP lowered their age to 50 many years ago. Guess they needed
>> more suscribers.
>>
>> I joined up at age 50 but they offered nothing that helped me
>> so I quit.
>>
>> Then I joined again at age 64. Still nothing for me so I quit
>> again.
>>
>> I get constant email and snail mail offers from them to this day.

> They are a pain. If retired military, they offer nothing we don't
> already have.

Being retired military, why did you invite AARP to send you their
sales rubbish? Seems rather foolish for a military person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 7:02:52 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> The best vehicles in our
> fleet were Fords. That being said, after my last Ford purchase I will
> never get another. The dealership screwed me.

That's not Ford's fault; you dealt with either a thief or a liar. We've
got a HUGE Ford dealership on my side of town and they screwed my brother
as well. He also told them they'd never see him or his business again but
that did not stop him from driving Ford trucks.

The only time I visited them was once for a recall on my former Explorer
which cost me nothing. The second time was to get a new key made for that
same vehicle. It was free.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan Simmons" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 12:27:28 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-08-08 1:13 p.m., wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:27:34 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >>
> >> I remember when I was 17, I couldn't imagine living to
> >> age 25. My parents were in their mid-30s then and seemed
> >> so OLD.
> >>

> > When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.
> >

> My wife's father was 48 when she was born.
>
> I used to work with a guy who split up with his wife when his daughters
> were in their teens. He hooked up with a much younger woman and started
> over. One day I had to go back to the shop with one of my new co-workers
> and we were talking to Joe and he told us that his wife was going to
> have a baby in a few weeks. My new co-worker asked him how old he was...
> 55. New co-worker looked at him and asked "Are you ****ing nuts?"
>
> The kid would be going in to Grade 5 when Joe hit 65, and into high
> school when he is 72. Then it would hit university when Joe was 75,
> graduating at 78 or so. Give him or her a couple years to settle down
> and start raising a family and Joe would be in his 80s.

The premise of my novel is that an older, recent widower (exact age not
specified) wins the lottery, and offers a young woman a lot of money to be
his paid GF. Everyone gets more than they bargained for.

--Bryan
https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

===

My husband, who is a writer read your first chapter and commented "He is
a very good writer, funny, but not my style of storyline

Goosh You are good)) Congratulations))

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 7:10:27 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:45:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> > > They looked like Lincolns.
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > >

> > Same company.

> I know that much about cars. I'm just not *into* cars like a lot of guys are. You know, I've never really thought about this before, but I've never owned a vehicle made by Ford. GM, Chrysler, AMC, Fiat, Toyota, Kia, Volkswagen, but no Ford.

Apart from hand-me-downs, my first car was a used Ford Galaxy.
Since then it's been Honda, Isuzu, or Toyota.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:15:16 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > When I turned 40 in 1993, I bought a pair of RollerBlades and
> > my next door neighbor asked, "Aren't you a little old for
> > those?" Idiot.
> >
> > I was enjoying life while he (age 35 with children) had
> > already settled down into do nothing old age.
> >

> I love roller skating and a few years ago I toyed with the idea of getting
> a pair of rollerblades. My brother pointed out we don't heal as we did
> when we were kids. I let the idea die a quiet death.

If you enjoy it, don't let that stop you. Just be a bit
more careful.

They didn't have roller skates in my size at the time so I
opted for the roller blades that the local surf shop sold.
They cost a lot more than skates too.

I thought they would be fine as I used to ice skate a lot in
winters but I don't like them as much. Only argument is the
braking system on the rollerblades. Bad design.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Apart from hand-me-downs, my first car was a used Ford Galaxy.

That was my first car at age 16 but I didn't own it. It was
my Mom's car that I got to drive for a few years. It was
very reliable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:14:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:10:27 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:45:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > >
> > > Same company.

> > I know that much about cars. I'm just not *into* cars like a lot of guys are. You know, I've never really thought about this before, but I've never owned a vehicle made by Ford. GM, Chrysler, AMC, Fiat, Toyota, Kia, Volkswagen, but no Ford.
> >

> A hundred years ago I could have told you every make and model but now all
> I'm interested in is my present car. But I've never owned an AMC, Fiat,
> Toyota, Kia, or Volkswagen.

My first car was a 1969 AMC Javelin, with a Rambler 232 straight 6 and 3 on the floor. While saying it might make me look foolish, I have owned 2 Fiats, a 128 sedan, and a 1982 Bertone X1/9. The X1/9, of course, had electrical problems, but that car was so fun to drive.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 7:49:51 AM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:14:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> > > I know that much about cars. I'm just not *into* cars like a lot of guys are. You know, I've never really thought about this before, but I've never owned a vehicle made by Ford. GM, Chrysler, AMC, Fiat, Toyota, Kia, Volkswagen, but no Ford.
> > >

> > A hundred years ago I could have told you every make and model but now all
> > I'm interested in is my present car. But I've never owned an AMC, Fiat,
> > Toyota, Kia, or Volkswagen.

> My first car was a 1969 AMC Javelin, with a Rambler 232 straight 6 and 3 on the floor. While saying it might make me look foolish, I have owned 2 Fiats, a 128 sedan, and a 1982 Bertone X1/9. The X1/9, of course, had electrical problems, but that car was so fun to drive.
>
> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Mine was that 1969 VW Beetle I owned with the Pioneer tape deck, Clarion 30W power booster/equalizer and two 8" coaxial Bozak speakers in the luggage compartment in custom built cabinets and on long wires so we could pull them out and serenade us as we swam at Morse Mill! Remember, Bryan? Fred used to pantomime drumming on a cymbal to visually let me know to turn the treble UP!

Good times! Summer of 1979 when I drank a LOT of free beers because I was 19 and I could buy beer and wine in IL! Same speakers I invented Cheep Effects with at Novelty Studios!

https://i.postimg.cc/LX84Yd5r/Novelty-Studios.jpg

:-)

John Kuthe...