Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A question about fried chicken

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 6:59:16 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
> >
> > I love roller skating and a few years ago I toyed with the idea of getting
> > a pair of rollerblades. My brother pointed out we don't heal as we did
> > when we were kids. I let the idea die a quiet death.

> If you enjoy it, don't let that stop you. Just be a bit
> more careful.

I opted for bike riding instead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 11:20:08 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 6:59:16 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> " wrote:
>> >
>> > I love roller skating and a few years ago I toyed with the idea of getting
>> > a pair of rollerblades. My brother pointed out we don't heal as we did
>> > when we were kids. I let the idea die a quiet death.

>> If you enjoy it, don't let that stop you. Just be a bit
>> more careful.
>>

>I opted for bike riding instead.

I think that's wiser for anybody 40+.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 7:09:48 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Apart from hand-me-downs, my first car was a used Ford Galaxy.

> That was my first car at age 16 but I didn't own it. It was
> my Mom's car that I got to drive for a few years. It was
> very reliable.

I didn't drive until I was 22. I might have had some substance use issues when I was 15, 16 years old, but I was certainly not in denial. I knew that I had no business driving because until I was almost 17, I was high on weed more often than not, and I liked to drink as often as I could acquire alcohol. For years after that, it was partly inertia, but also that I got around great with a skateboard and a bus pass, and that was a lot cheaper than having a car.

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:33:05 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 11:20:08 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

> >> If you enjoy it, don't let that stop you. Just be a bit
> >> more careful.
> >>

> >I opted for bike riding instead.

> I think that's wiser for anybody 40+.

I heartily agree!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 6:59:16 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > " wrote:
> > >
> > > I love roller skating and a few years ago I toyed with the idea of getting
> > > a pair of rollerblades. My brother pointed out we don't heal as we did
> > > when we were kids. I let the idea die a quiet death.

> > If you enjoy it, don't let that stop you. Just be a bit
> > more careful.
> >

> I opted for bike riding instead.

Well be careful with that too. Remember how you fell a couple
of times when you first got it.

On the news this morning that Simon Cowell broke his back
on an E-bike. They they followed up with a report that
many older people are getting E-bikes and having accidents.
As the E-bike can go faster, a faster fall can be more
dangerous.

Any activity has it's risks though and I won't stop doing what
I like to do because of the risk.

One exception for me is maybe surfing. I've watched too many
of those shark documentaries lately and it makes me feel so
darn lucky so far. So many times in the past 50 years and
I could have been a stastistic. The shark attack frequency
is rising too.

Hmmmm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >Once this hot weather ends and tourist season is over (october),
> >I'll dust mine off and head for the boardwalk again.

> Definition of boardwalk
> (American English)
>
> "1 : a walk constructed of planking
> 2 : a walk constructed along a beach"
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boardwalk

I think most boardwalks along the ocean were originally
made of board planking, hence the name.

In my lifetime, all that I've seen have been replaced
with concrete. Mine here is about 3 miles long and smooth
and good for skating.

Best fun is to go on a windy day. First skate into the wind,
like walking uphill on a mountain. Then turn and skate with
the strong wind. Often just a few skating motions to get
moving and the wind will push you all the way to the other end.
Fun to do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 7:18:42 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
> >
> > I opted for bike riding instead.

> On the news this morning that Simon Cowell broke his back
> on an E-bike. They they followed up with a report that
> many older people are getting E-bikes and having accidents.
> As the E-bike can go faster, a faster fall can be more
> dangerous.

I saw something yesterday on the bike group I belong about him having
an accident.

Many e-bikes have gears to help control your speed and the pedal assist
also controls speed. You can preach all day, but if you zoom along on
something you don't know how to control and not paying attention, you'll
definitely find yourself in an accident. Many don't take into consideration
the weight of these bikes, either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:28:41 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >Once this hot weather ends and tourist season is over (october),
>> >I'll dust mine off and head for the boardwalk again.

>> Definition of boardwalk
>> (American English)
>>
>> "1 : a walk constructed of planking
>> 2 : a walk constructed along a beach"
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boardwalk

>I think most boardwalks along the ocean were originally
>made of board planking, hence the name.

Yes, that sounds plausible.

>In my lifetime, all that I've seen have been replaced
>with concrete. Mine here is about 3 miles long and smooth
>and good for skating.
>
>Best fun is to go on a windy day. First skate into the wind,
>like walking uphill on a mountain. Then turn and skate with
>the strong wind. Often just a few skating motions to get
>moving and the wind will push you all the way to the other end.
>Fun to do.

I'd break something. Skating and roller skating are not for me. The
last time I ice skated, I raced my brother. Except he can skate and I
had to use willpower. I ended up with a concussion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >Once this hot weather ends and tourist season is over (october),
> >I'll dust mine off and head for the boardwalk again.

> Definition of boardwalk
> (American English)
>
> "1 : a walk constructed of planking
> 2 : a walk constructed along a beach"
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boardwalk

I think most boardwalks along the ocean were originally
made of board planking, hence the name.

In my lifetime, all that I've seen have been replaced
with concrete. Mine here is about 3 miles long and smooth
and good for skating.

Best fun is to go on a windy day. First skate into the wind,
like walking uphill on a mountain. Then turn and skate with
the strong wind. Often just a few skating motions to get
moving and the wind will push you all the way to the other end.
Fun to do.

====

You don't have a lot of people walking on it?

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:28:41 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >Once this hot weather ends and tourist season is over (october),
>> >I'll dust mine off and head for the boardwalk again.

>> Definition of boardwalk
>> (American English)
>>
>> "1 : a walk constructed of planking
>> 2 : a walk constructed along a beach"
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boardwalk

>I think most boardwalks along the ocean were originally
>made of board planking, hence the name.

Yes, that sounds plausible.

>In my lifetime, all that I've seen have been replaced
>with concrete. Mine here is about 3 miles long and smooth
>and good for skating.
>
>Best fun is to go on a windy day. First skate into the wind,
>like walking uphill on a mountain. Then turn and skate with
>the strong wind. Often just a few skating motions to get
>moving and the wind will push you all the way to the other end.
>Fun to do.

I'd break something. Skating and roller skating are not for me. The
last time I ice skated, I raced my brother. Except he can skate and I
had to use willpower. I ended up with a concussion.

=====

Oh dear .......

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Too many right now. Look above where I said:
> > >Once this hot weather ends and tourist season is over (october),
> > >I'll dust mine off and head for the boardwalk again.

And on a cold, windy winter day there are very few people there.
That's when the oceanfront is especially nice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 06:23:50 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Bruce wrote:

>> > Definition of boardwalk
>> > (American English)
>> >
>> > "1 : a walk constructed of planking
>> > 2 : a walk constructed along a beach"
>> > https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boardwalk

>> I think most boardwalks along the ocean were originally
>> made of board planking, hence the name.
>>
>> In my lifetime, all that I've seen have been replaced
>> with concrete. Mine here is about 3 miles long and smooth
>> and good for skating.
>>
>> Best fun is to go on a windy day. First skate into the wind,
>> like walking uphill on a mountain. Then turn and skate with
>> the strong wind. Often just a few skating motions to get
>> moving and the wind will push you all the way to the other end.
>> Fun to do.
>>
>> ====
>>
>> You don't have a lot of people walking on it?

>And on a cold, windy winter day there are very few people there.
>That's when the oceanfront is especially nice.

you're kidding, right? Boardwalks are no longer made of boards but
cement instead? You can tell I haven't been to Atlantic City or
elsewhere like that in a donkey's years.
Boardwalks in the national parks are still made of boards. At least
the national parks that I go to are still making them of boards.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> you're kidding, right? Boardwalks are no longer made of boards but
> cement instead? You can tell I haven't been to Atlantic City or
> elsewhere like that in a donkey's years.
> Boardwalks in the national parks are still made of boards. At least
> the national parks that I go to are still making them of boards.

Still many boardwalks (wooden) available but many oceanfront ones
have switched to concrete. Rather than get destroyed by the ocean
during hurricanes, they act as seawalls and resist destruction
and erosion.

I'm sure there are some oceanfront ones too but not so much
these days. Mine is about 3 miles long and all concrete.

The few "walks" in my nearby state park are all wooden.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > >Once this hot weather ends and tourist season is over (october),
> > >I'll dust mine off and head for the boardwalk again.

> > Definition of boardwalk
> > (American English)
> >
> > "1 : a walk constructed of planking
> > 2 : a walk constructed along a beach"
> > https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boardwalk

> I think most boardwalks along the ocean were originally
> made of board planking, hence the name.
>
> In my lifetime, all that I've seen have been replaced
> with concrete. Mine here is about 3 miles long and smooth
> and good for skating.
>
> Best fun is to go on a windy day. First skate into the wind,
> like walking uphill on a mountain. Then turn and skate with
> the strong wind. Often just a few skating motions to get
> moving and the wind will push you all the way to the other end.
> Fun to do.
>
> ====
>
> You don't have a lot of people walking on it?

Too many right now. Look above where I said:
> > >Once this hot weather ends and tourist season is over (october),
> > >I'll dust mine off and head for the boardwalk again.

And on a cold, windy winter day there are very few people there.
That's when the oceanfront is especially nice.

===

OK )))))))

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> you're kidding, right? Boardwalks are no longer made of boards but
> cement instead? You can tell I haven't been to Atlantic City or
> elsewhere like that in a donkey's years.
> Boardwalks in the national parks are still made of boards. At least
> the national parks that I go to are still making them of boards.

Here in Long Island, NY, it's nice and all weird-concrete-metal-whatever.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:35:40 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 06:23:50 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Ophelia wrote:

>>> I think most boardwalks along the ocean were originally
>>> made of board planking, hence the name.
>>>
>>> In my lifetime, all that I've seen have been replaced
>>> with concrete. Mine here is about 3 miles long and smooth
>>> and good for skating.
>>>
>>> Best fun is to go on a windy day. First skate into the wind,
>>> like walking uphill on a mountain. Then turn and skate with
>>> the strong wind. Often just a few skating motions to get
>>> moving and the wind will push you all the way to the other end.
>>> Fun to do.
>>>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> You don't have a lot of people walking on it?

>>And on a cold, windy winter day there are very few people there.
>>That's when the oceanfront is especially nice.

>you're kidding, right? Boardwalks are no longer made of boards but
>cement instead? You can tell I haven't been to Atlantic City or
>elsewhere like that in a donkey's years.
>Boardwalks in the national parks are still made of boards. At least
>the national parks that I go to are still making them of boards.
>Janet US

National Parks use wooden walkways, nothing permanent like concrete
that would alter the esthetics. The scenery from NY boardwalks is so
spectacular that words are inadequate. The New York Boardwalks; Coney
Island, Rockaways, Riiss Park, etal are all made of boards/lumber.
They are good for walking, pushing carriages, wheelchairs, bike
riding. They are very sturdy, and have withstood the severest
hurricanes. Brooklyn's boardwalks offer the most spectacula vistas on
the planet and the exqusite aromas from food cooking are unmatched
anywhere. I can clearly understand how a skinny melink can scoff down
a hundred Nathans hotdogs, it's the scenery, the salt air, and the
most spectacular wimmens parading their goods on the boardwalk in the
teeniest bikinis.
https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://blog.chefworks.com/uniforms/...fried-chicken/

> For chicken that has been brined, I give it an hour.
> > >

> > It might be less spatter but I sure wouldn't let chicken get to room
> > temp before I did anything with it.
> >
> > It's fine to fry chicken pieces right out of the fridge. Granted, I
> > haven't fried chicken since around 1982. I stopped at the grocery store
> > on my way home from work. Bought a package of raw cut-up chicken. You
> > can be sure it had been refrigerated! I did let the packaged chicken
> > sit on the counter while I prepared the seasoned flour coating and
> > heated the oil (probably Crisco). I don't recall if I did an egg wash.
> > I was 22; who remembers? IIRC I was using an electric skillet my
> > mother had given me to fry the chicken.
> >
> > One could reasonably say it was still fairly cold when I dredged it and
> > set it aside for a minute on waxed paper so the coating could set. (I do
> > remember knowing that much, even at that young age).

> I use a plastic grocery bag, rather than waxed paper, then turn the bag inside out to use as a garbage bag. Our kitchen garbage can is a little ~1.5 gallon one that fits grocery bags, as we compost and recycle.
>
> > Then the chicken
> > went into the hot grease. The key is to slip the coated chicken pieces
> > it into the pan one at a time. Don't drop them in. That way it won't
> > spatter. Don't overcrowd the pan. People often make the mistake of
> > having the temperature of the fat too high. Nice crispy coating, raw
> > chicken. Ooops. Don't try to turn it too soon. Leave it alone! Fried
> > chicken takes a good 30 minutes. And you should arrange the pieces so
> > they can all cook evenly.

> I don't need to turn the chicken because it's fried in https://www.pinterest.com/pin/825706912910808500/ in peanut oil. I heat the oil to 375, put in the chicken, then reduce the heat to 350.
> >
> > One must have patience. Good home fried chicken cannot be rushed.
> >
> > The reason I stopped making fried chicken is because I had just come
> > home from work, stopped at the store, started dinner. I had not yet
> > changed out of my work clothes. I was wearing a silk blouse. About 15
> > minutes in, the chicken skin *popped* and I got spattered with hot
> > grease. It melded my silk shirt to my chest. I've never fried chicken
> > since. But I *do* know how to cook it!

> Jill, I fry stuff all the time. The big fryer is for everything besides fish, and I have a smaller one exclusively for fish. I almost certainly deep fry more often than anyone else who posts here. I tell folks that the best reason not to fry as much as I do is, "...because you don't want your kitchen to look like mine." If you don't want silk shirts melded to your chest, and that's understandable, wear a cotton shirt, or no shirt. While I'm pretty nudist, I typically have pants on when I fry, but often don't have a shirt on, and I almost never get hit with oil splatter.
> >
> > Jill

> --Bryan

Fried chicken is a popular dish on this rock. We have a wide range of ways to fry chicken. Chicken karaage is pretty popular these days. My guess is that Hawaiian fried chicken will be popular on the mainland. It's tasty chicken that's easy to eat but it's not Hawaiian - it's Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTVj...?v=wTVjY-oKgDE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:35:40 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:

>>> And on a cold, windy winter day there are very few people there.
>>> That's when the oceanfront is especially nice.

>> you're kidding, right? Boardwalks are no longer made of boards but
>> cement instead? You can tell I haven't been to Atlantic City or
>> elsewhere like that in a donkey's years.
>> Boardwalks in the national parks are still made of boards. At least
>> the national parks that I go to are still making them of boards.
>> Janet US

> National Parks use wooden walkways, nothing permanent like concrete
> that would alter the esthetics. The scenery from NY boardwalks is so
> spectacular that words are inadequate. The New York Boardwalks; Coney
> Island, Rockaways, Riiss Park, etal are all made of boards/lumber.
> They are good for walking, pushing carriages, wheelchairs, bike
> riding. They are very sturdy, and have withstood the severest
> hurricanes. Brooklyn's boardwalks offer the most spectacula vistas on
> the planet and the exqusite aromas from food cooking are unmatched
> anywhere. I can clearly understand how a skinny melink can scoff down
> a hundred Nathans hotdogs, it's the scenery, the salt air, and the
> most spectacular wimmens parading their goods on the boardwalk in the
> teeniest bikinis.
> https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

Popeye, I bet yoose scarfed down a lot of weenies on 'dem
boardwalks yooself!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:44:38 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:
snip
The scenery from NY boardwalks is so
>spectacular that words are inadequate. The New York Boardwalks; Coney
>Island, Rockaways, Riiss Park, etal are all made of boards/lumber.
>They are good for walking, pushing carriages, wheelchairs, bike
>riding. They are very sturdy, and have withstood the severest
>hurricanes. Brooklyn's boardwalks offer the most spectacula vistas on
>the planet and the exqusite aromas from food cooking are unmatched
>anywhere. I can clearly understand how a skinny melink can scoff down
>a hundred Nathans hotdogs, it's the scenery, the salt air, and the
>most spectacular wimmens parading their goods on the boardwalk in the
>teeniest bikinis.
>https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

What spectacular scenery or spectacular vista? It's water, buildings
and people.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>National Parks use wooden walkways, nothing permanent like concrete
>that would alter the esthetics. The scenery from NY boardwalks is so
>spectacular that words are inadequate. The New York Boardwalks; Coney
>Island, Rockaways, Riiss Park, etal are all made of boards/lumber.
>They are good for walking, pushing carriages, wheelchairs, bike
>riding. They are very sturdy, and have withstood the severest
>hurricanes. Brooklyn's boardwalks offer the most spectacula vistas on
>the planet and the exqusite aromas from food cooking are unmatched
>anywhere. I can clearly understand how a skinny melink can scoff down
>a hundred Nathans hotdogs, it's the scenery, the salt air, and the
>most spectacular wimmens parading their goods on the boardwalk in the
>teeniest bikinis.
>https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

Nice, but run of the mill. You can find that in many places.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:44:38 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
> snip
> The scenery from NY boardwalks is so
>> spectacular that words are inadequate. The New York Boardwalks; Coney
>> Island, Rockaways, Riiss Park, etal are all made of boards/lumber.
>> They are good for walking, pushing carriages, wheelchairs, bike
>> riding. They are very sturdy, and have withstood the severest
>> hurricanes. Brooklyn's boardwalks offer the most spectacula vistas on
>> the planet and the exqusite aromas from food cooking are unmatched
>> anywhere. I can clearly understand how a skinny melink can scoff down
>> a hundred Nathans hotdogs, it's the scenery, the salt air, and the
>> most spectacular wimmens parading their goods on the boardwalk in the
>> teeniest bikinis.
>> https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

> What spectacular scenery or spectacular vista? It's water, buildings
> and people.

But they're the finest boardwalks in the universe! Hell they are in
New york city!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:41:19 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:44:38 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:
>> snip
>> The scenery from NY boardwalks is so
>>> spectacular that words are inadequate. The New York Boardwalks; Coney
>>> Island, Rockaways, Riiss Park, etal are all made of boards/lumber.
>>> They are good for walking, pushing carriages, wheelchairs, bike
>>> riding. They are very sturdy, and have withstood the severest
>>> hurricanes. Brooklyn's boardwalks offer the most spectacula vistas on
>>> the planet and the exqusite aromas from food cooking are unmatched
>>> anywhere. I can clearly understand how a skinny melink can scoff down
>>> a hundred Nathans hotdogs, it's the scenery, the salt air, and the
>>> most spectacular wimmens parading their goods on the boardwalk in the
>>> teeniest bikinis.
>>> https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

>> What spectacular scenery or spectacular vista? It's water, buildings
>> and people.
>>

>But they're the finest boardwalks in the universe! Hell they are in
>New york city!

Ugh. Sheldon's world is so limited in every respect.

Ubein bridge in Myanmar is far more beautiful. We rode bikes from
Mandalay to Ubein bridge a few years ago... couldn't have been a more
wonderful day.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/u-bein-bridge
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:44:38 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
> snip
> The scenery from NY boardwalks is so
>> spectacular that words are inadequate. The New York Boardwalks; Coney
>> Island, Rockaways, Riiss Park, etal are all made of boards/lumber.
>> They are good for walking, pushing carriages, wheelchairs, bike
>> riding. They are very sturdy, and have withstood the severest
>> hurricanes. Brooklyn's boardwalks offer the most spectacula vistas on
>> the planet and the exqusite aromas from food cooking are unmatched
>> anywhere. I can clearly understand how a skinny melink can scoff down
>> a hundred Nathans hotdogs, it's the scenery, the salt air, and the
>> most spectacular wimmens parading their goods on the boardwalk in the
>> teeniest bikinis.
>> https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

> What spectacular scenery or spectacular vista? It's water, buildings
> and people.

They filled in the water with dirt and sand that was shipped-in.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:37:36 AM UTC+5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> For those of you who fry chicken fairly frequently, how long do you leave the chicken pieces out of the fridge before you fry them? I find an hour or a little more is sufficient to take enough chill off.
>
> --Bryan

To cook the perfect smoked meat, you may consider a smoker that can provide the right temperature and constant smoke
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, 14 August 2020 at 02:52:19 UTC+5, wrote:
> On Thursday, August 6, 2020, at 12:37:36 AM UTC+5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > For those of you who fry chicken fairly frequently, how long do you leave the chicken pieces out of the fridge before you fry them? I find an hour or a little more is sufficient to take enough chill off.
> >
> > --Bryan

> To cook the perfect smoked meat, you may consider a smoker that can provide the right temperature and constant smoke

Right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 4:52:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:37:36 AM UTC+5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
> > For those of you who fry chicken fairly frequently, how long do you leave the chicken pieces out of the fridge before you fry them? I find an hour or a little more is sufficient to take enough chill off.
> >
> > --Bryan

> To cook the perfect smoked meat, you may consider a smoker that can provide the right temperature and constant smoke

Marvelous! Bravo! Fantastic! Three cheers! Brilliant! But I believe
his question was about f.r.i.e.d. c.h.i.c.k.e.n. and not about *smoked
meat.* You might want to work on your reading skills.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 5:00:12 PM UTC-5, Jack Austin wrote:

> On Friday, 14 August 2020 at 02:52:19 UTC+5, wrote:
> >
> > To cook the perfect smoked meat, you may consider a smoker that can provide the right temperature and constant smoke

> Right.

You need to work on your reading skills, too. By any chance are either of
you related since reading comprehension is not a strong suit with either
of you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 8/13/2020 3:16 PM, wrote:

> >> To cook the perfect smoked meat, you may consider a smoker that can provide the right temperature and constant smoke
> >>

> > Marvelous! Bravo! Fantastic! Three cheers! Brilliant! But I believe
> > his question was about f.r.i.e.d. c.h.i.c.k.e.n. and not about *smoked
> > meat.* You might want to work on your reading skills.
> >

> I have always found that a good quality blender works great for making
> smoothies.

Lol but you just reminded me of a smoothie something:

I remember several years ago, someone was going through serious
and
ongoing dental surgery issues and asked here how they could eat
good
food without having to chew.

I suggested cooking a few dinner things then put it all into a
blender along with a bit of liquid just to allow the blender
to turn it into a smoothie like meal. It was a theory only...I
had never done that.

So awhile later, I tested my theory, and for certain combinations
it worked very well and satisfying.

First, I cooked a turkey pot pie with extra vegetables. Put into
a blender with about 1/2 cup water (just so it was liquid enough
for the blender to work). Turned it into a thick mush and had
that for dinner. No chewing yet thick enough to be satisfying
along with a slice of soft buttered bread.

Then I tried that with a frozen dinner (don't remember which
one). It also worked very well blended the same way.

How's that story for 'thread drift'? ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 3:16PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 4:52:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:37:36 AM UTC+5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>>> For those of you who fry chicken fairly frequently, how long do you leave the chicken pieces out of the fridge before you fry them? I find an hour or a little more is sufficient to take enough chill off.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> To cook the perfect smoked meat, you may consider a smoker that can provide the right temperature and constant smoke
>>

> Marvelous! Bravo! Fantastic! Three cheers! Brilliant! But I believe
> his question was about f.r.i.e.d. c.h.i.c.k.e.n. and not about *smoked
> meat.*

Marvelous point.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 9:20:39 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 15:16:27 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
> > On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 4:52:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >>
> >> To cook the perfect smoked meat, you may consider a smoker that can provide the right temperature and constant smoke
> >>

> > Marvelous! Bravo! Fantastic! Three cheers! Brilliant! But I believe
> > his question was about f.r.i.e.d. c.h.i.c.k.e.n. and not about *smoked
> > meat.* You might want to work on your reading skills.

> I think she just forgot to include her blog or affiliate link.
>
> -sw

Don't encourage her!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Aug 12, , U.S. Janet B. wrote
(in >):

> you're kidding, right? Boardwalks are no longer made of boards but
> cement instead? You can tell I haven't been to Atlantic City or
> elsewhere like that in a donkey's years.
> Boardwalks in the national parks are still made of boards. At least
> the national parks that I go to are still making them of boards.

The last time I was in Virginia City, they had boardwalks and choo-choo
trains and silver mine attractions and Pipers Opera House and a old-timey
cemetery and the Delta Saloon. They also had ostrich races and a mountain
oyster festival. Some or all of that stuff still exists. I havent been
there in thirty years, because it's forty miles away on a road where you have
to want to go there and isnt convenient to anywhere else.
I hope they still have a boardwalk. I cant imagine that they wouldnt. I
spent many weeks of my youth there.
I €śthink€ť West Yellowstone had boardwalks too, back in the day. Memory
fades.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Weird experience. I've never been there. Virginia Beach has 17th Street on the beach with restaurants, bars, shopping, etc...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 14, 2020 at 4:05:49 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> On 2020 Aug 12, , U.S. Janet B. wrote
> (in >):
>
> > you're kidding, right? Boardwalks are no longer made of boards but
> > cement instead? You can tell I haven't been to Atlantic City or
> > elsewhere like that in a donkey's years.
> > Boardwalks in the national parks are still made of boards. At least
> > the national parks that I go to are still making them of boards.

> The last time I was in Virginia City, they had boardwalks and choo-choo
> trains and silver mine attractions and Pipers Opera House and a old-timey
> cemetery and the Delta Saloon. They also had ostrich races and a mountain
> oyster festival. Some or all of that stuff still exists. I havent been
> there in thirty years, because it's forty miles away on a road where you have
> to want to go there and isnt convenient to anywhere else.
> I hope they still have a boardwalk. I cant imagine that they wouldnt. I
> spent many weeks of my youth there.
> I €śthink€ť West Yellowstone had boardwalks too, back in the day. Memory
> fades.
>
> leo

Walking on boards is very cool. You know you're in for an experience of some sort. You might be walking on an area devastated by lava, or a bog swamp, or some old-timey place.

Ostrich race? That's nutty as hell. We like to race kakaroach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_oHRlwmeJM&t=397
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 4:48:17 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bryan Simmons" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 12:27:28 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> > > When I was 17 my mom was 55 and my dad was 65.
> > >

> > My wife's father was 48 when she was born.
> >
> > I used to work with a guy who split up with his wife when his daughters
> > were in their teens. He hooked up with a much younger woman and started
> > over. One day I had to go back to the shop with one of my new co-workers
> > and we were talking to Joe and he told us that his wife was going to
> > have a baby in a few weeks. My new co-worker asked him how old he was....
> > 55. New co-worker looked at him and asked "Are you ****ing nuts?"
> >
> > The kid would be going in to Grade 5 when Joe hit 65, and into high
> > school when he is 72. Then it would hit university when Joe was 75,
> > graduating at 78 or so. Give him or her a couple years to settle down
> > and start raising a family and Joe would be in his 80s.

> The premise of my novel is that an older, recent widower (exact age not
> specified) wins the lottery, and offers a young woman a lot of money to be
> his paid GF. Everyone gets more than they bargained for.
>
> --Bryan

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

> ===
>
> My husband, who is a writer read your first chapter and commented "He is
> a very good writer, funny, but not my style of storyline
>
> Goosh You are good)) Congratulations))

The first chapter is almost a like prologue, but there are not a lot of guys who are into romantic comedies, even literary ones. You should consider reading it, at least the four consecutive chapters (Ann, Lady Bear, Cinnamon Buns and Sandy Beach), where the Ann character is integrated into the tale. It's only 73 pages, but I'd strongly recommend a box of tissues.

--Bryan