Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fried chicken seasoning (and roast chicken)

On May 30, 1:08*pm, George Orwell > wrote:
> I do it this way. *I rub in the seasoning prior to dipping and
> flouring. *This is what I use: *(use whatever measuring unit
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *you wish)
>
> 2 salt
> 1 curry powder
> 1 very fine chopped garlic; dried out a bit(or garlic powder)
> 1/2 chili powder
> 1/2 cumin
> 1/2 cayenne
> 1/2 black pepper
> 1 oregano (dried)
> 1 basil (dried)
> 1 parsley (dried)
>
> Mix and rub. *I also rub some under skin. *The same mix is
> used for roast chicken EXCEPT that I add melted butter to
> the spice mix as well as lemon or lime juice. *I then paint
> the outside of the roast chicken. *I should next time also
> put some of this stuff under the skin; also next time, I'll
> use olive oil instead of the melted butter.

Like we haven't a clue as to how to make our own seasoning salt. I do
like the roast chicken idea though.

> Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
> non corrisponde ad un utente * |message is not related to a real
> reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
> di un sistema anonimizzatore * |anonymous system
> Per maggiori informazioni * * *|For more info
> * * * * * * * * *https://www.mixmaster.it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose In Love wrote:
> On May 30, 1:08 pm, George Orwell > wrote:
>
>>I do it this way. I rub in the seasoning prior to dipping and
>>flouring. This is what I use: (use whatever measuring unit
>> you wish)
>>
>>2 salt
>>1 curry powder
>>1 very fine chopped garlic; dried out a bit(or garlic powder)
>>1/2 chili powder
>>1/2 cumin
>>1/2 cayenne
>>1/2 black pepper
>>1 oregano (dried)
>>1 basil (dried)
>>1 parsley (dried)
>>
>>Mix and rub. I also rub some under skin. The same mix is
>>used for roast chicken EXCEPT that I add melted butter to
>>the spice mix as well as lemon or lime juice. I then paint
>>the outside of the roast chicken. I should next time also
>>put some of this stuff under the skin; also next time, I'll
>>use olive oil instead of the melted butter.
>>

> Like we haven't a clue as to how to make our own seasoning salt. I do
> like the roast chicken idea though.

I would leave out the curry powder and add a tbs. or 2 of good oil, coat
the chicken well and let rest for 1/2 an hour, then fry. i like to use
the dried chipoltes, lightly crushed up.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!