Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crown Royal XO

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:58:43 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 6:00:36 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> > wrote:

> > >That is indeed the case. In America, we like to call failed pancakes "crępes" because it sounds so classy.

> > I can only guess how that word sounds in American, but, at least, it
> > looks classy in writing. Oh and compliments on the accent circonflexe.
> >
> > "I bought me some Swiss that I'm going to cook in a Dutch oven and
> > serve with some Danish."

> Whenever you see "Dutch" in American cookery, it's probably a corruption
> of "Deutsch".
>
> Cindy Hamilton

like the pennsylvania dutch aka mennonites, amish
these people came up to my area from pennsylvania. following the black walnut trail, or so they say.
i've never knowingly seen a black walnut tree.

Crown Pork Roast tom General Cooking 6 20-11-2007 08:20 AM
Turkey Crown. How Big? Merryterry General Cooking 23 20-12-2006 02:14 PM
1968 bottle of crown royal [email protected] General Cooking 35 17-05-2006 04:16 AM
herbal teas by 3-crown Dmitri Tea 0 17-11-2003 03:01 AM