Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crown Royal XO

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 2:09:59 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Life is too short for cheap booze.
>
> Yesterday I went to the liquor store to replenish supplies. I usually
> have on hand something from each of the food groups, bourbon, scotch,
> rye, rum, vodka, gin.
>
> I was low on bourbon and out of rye so I picked up a Makers Mark 46 as
> I've liked it in the past. Then I was not sure what else to get and
> considered another Crown Royal. They also have two premium versions of
> it so, for a few bucks more I got the XO.
>
> My son came over for a drink yesterday so I opened the bottle for us to
> try. Wow, this is smooooooooth drinking. Well worth the few extra
> bucks. If you want to give yourself a treat, give it a try.
>
> I've also experimented with ice. A bit of a gimmick, but it does make a
> little difference. You can buy molds to make ice balls. I have one
> that makes four but bought another that makes two balls, each 2.3", and
> clear ice. The idea is that the clear ball will melt slower and let the
> flavor open up but not dilute. If nothing else, is looks good in a nice
> glass.
>
> My son never drank good liquor itself, mostly vodka in juice kind of
> things so it has been fun experimenting with him. We've tried a handful
> of different gins with tonic, now a couple of bourbon and rye.

Smokeless power is nothing like black powder.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 3:47:19 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> I'd rather see it melted down and made into something useful!

My firearm is useful.

https://i.postimg.cc/DwJbTV37/Gun-Control.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 19:20:14 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 3:47:19 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
>>
>> I'd rather see it melted down and made into something useful!
>>

>My firearm is useful.

Maybe I'd want a firearm too if I lived in your reservation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9:23:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 19:20:14 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >My firearm is useful.

> Maybe I'd want a firearm too if I lived in your reservation.

Reservation?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 19:28:21 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9:23:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 19:20:14 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >My firearm is useful.

>> Maybe I'd want a firearm too if I lived in your reservation.
>>

>Reservation?

As in "an area of land made available for a particular group of people
to live in".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2019 10:20 PM, wrote:
> On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 3:47:19 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
>>
>> I'd rather see it melted down and made into something useful!
>>

> My firearm is useful.

https://i.postimg.cc/DwJbTV37/Gun-Control.jpg

Very sensible sign. Gun control may have worked better if initiated 200
years ago. Plenty of arms out there for those than want them for crimes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9:29:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 19:28:21 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Reservation?

> As in "an area of land made available for a particular group of people
> to live in".

We call them cities and not reservations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 21:54:46 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9:29:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 19:28:21 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Reservation?

>> As in "an area of land made available for a particular group of people
>> to live in".
>>

>We call them cities and not reservations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> I'm on this pancake kick - this morning I had blueberry pancakes with coconut syrup. The unusual look of the syrup is, without doubt, because of the liberal addition of titanium dioxide. It's a great syrup! Better living though chemistry!

titaniam dioxide is also a common ingredient in paint. It adds
covering power. Such a nice, all-in-one chemical. :-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2019 7:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Looks like
> icing.

That's one opinion. l)

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...X0LLonxS7PGmfl

>Certainly looks different that the typical maple syrup. Looks like
>icing. I've never seen it here, but we do have latex paint with
>titanium dioxide so I suppose I can just use that.

Doesn't look at all appetizing, would've looked better made with
toasted coconut. I'm not a lover of pancakes but years ago I tried a
stack drizzled with Kalua, was good.
At yesterday's golf torny my wife's team (The Lefties- four left
handed golfers) won a basket of booze, she brought home a liter bottle
of Kalua, I'm tempted to make some flapjacks. I already tried some
with Crystal Palace, didn't really care for it, vodka is better with
Sprite.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 3:38:40 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Certainly looks different that the typical maple syrup. Looks like
> icing. I've never seen it here, but we do have latex paint with
> titanium dioxide so I suppose I can just use that.

TiO2 works well in paints. The world would be a duller, less colorful, place without the stuff. It's how wedding cakes get to be so brilliantly white. Most importantly, it's gluten-free and non-GMO!

https://www.amazon.com/Titanium-Food.../dp/B076DCTWDK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> You mean like:
> >> Gunpowder: It consists of a mixture of sulfur (S), charcoal (C), and
> >> potassium nitrate (saltpeter, KNO3). The sulfur and charcoal act as
> >> fuels while the saltpeter is an oxidizer.

> >I'm on this pancake kick - this morning I had blueberry pancakes with coconut syrup. The unusual look of the syrup is, without doubt, because of the liberal addition of titanium dioxide. It's a great syrup! Better living though chemistry!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...X0LLonxS7PGmfl

> That's the thickest pancake I've ever seen. The things you think of on
> that rock!

I am familiar with your pancakes. We call 'em "crêpes."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-09 2:01 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 8:53:20 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>That's the thickest pancake I've ever seen. The things you think of on
>> that rock!

> I am familiar with your pancakes. We call 'em "crêpes."

Your pancakes are about the same thickness as pancakes around here.
Crepes re a different animal. Being made without any leavening and
having thinner batter that is applied more sparingly, they are are much
thinner.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I'm on this pancake kick - this morning I had blueberry pancakes with coconut syrup. The unusual look of the syrup is, without doubt, because of the liberal addition of titanium dioxide. It's a great syrup! Better living though chemistry!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...X0LLonxS7PGmfl

>> That's the thickest pancake I've ever seen. The things you think of on
>> that rock!

> I am familiar with your pancakes. We call 'em "crêpes."

Â* Well that was a thinly disguised insult !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I'm on this pancake kick - this morning I had blueberry pancakes with coconut syrup. The unusual look of the syrup is, without doubt, because of the liberal addition of titanium dioxide. It's a great syrup! Better living though chemistry!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...X0LLonxS7PGmfl

>> Certainly looks different that the typical maple syrup. Looks like
>> icing. I've never seen it here, but we do have latex paint with
>> titanium dioxide so I suppose I can just use that.

> Doesn't look at all appetizing, would've looked better made with
> toasted coconut. I'm not a lover of pancakes but years ago I tried a
> stack drizzled with Kalua, was good.
> At yesterday's golf torny my wife's team (The Lefties- four left
> handed golfers) won a basket of booze, she brought home a liter bottle
> of Kalua, I'm tempted to make some flapjacks. I already tried some
> with Crystal Palace, didn't really care for it, vodka is better with
> Sprite.

Â* White Russians . Equal parts Kahlua , vodka , and milk or cream over
crushed ice .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...X0LLonxS7PGmfl
> >> That's the thickest pancake I've ever seen. The things you think of on
> >> that rock!

> > I am familiar with your pancakes. We call 'em "crêpes."

> Â* Well that was a thinly disguised insult !
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety - and armed .
> Get outta my woods !

My understanding is that it's the kind of thing that the Europeans are into - thinly disguised insults/pancakes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> >I'm on this pancake kick - this morning I had blueberry pancakes with coconut syrup. The unusual look of the syrup is, without doubt, because of the liberal addition of titanium dioxide. It's a great syrup! Better living though chemistry!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...X0LLonxS7PGmfl

>> That's the thickest pancake I've ever seen. The things you think of on
>> that rock!

>I am familiar with your pancakes. We call 'em "crêpes."

Dutch pancakes are thicker than crêpes. but yours almost look like
quiches or cakes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 11:58:41 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 8:27:14 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

>> > I am familiar with your pancakes. We call 'em "crêpes."

>> * Well that was a thinly disguised insult !
>>

>My understanding is that it's the kind of thing that the Europeans are into - thinly disguised insults/pancakes.

Are you saying I have to disguise my insults better?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 9:42:18 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Dutch pancakes are thicker than crępes. but yours almost look like
> quiches or cakes.

I don't know nothing about no Dutch pancakes. I have made Dutch babies which is probably not what you're talking about. My guess is that you guys don't make these things or you call them "babies" or "American babies." Anyway, if American pancakes done up right are thick, fluffy, and oh so delectable, then so be it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...07S4socjz-SO4Q
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:37:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 9:42:18 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Dutch pancakes are thicker than cr?pes. but yours almost look like
>> quiches or cakes.

>I don't know nothing about no Dutch pancakes. I have made Dutch babies which is probably not what you're talking about. My guess is that you guys don't make these things or you call them "babies" or "American babies." Anyway, if American pancakes done up right are thick, fluffy, and oh so delectable, then so be it.

I had never heard of a Dutch baby, in the cooking sense, before RFC.
Or a Dutch oven.

Y'all just throw in these European references to make yourselves look
sophisticated
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 9:44:11 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 11:58:41 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:

> >> Â* Well that was a thinly disguised insult !
> >>

> >My understanding is that it's the kind of thing that the Europeans are into - thinly disguised insults/pancakes.

> Are you saying I have to disguise my insults better?

It brings me great joy to find that you finally understand the situation. Can we hope that other Dutchmen are as perceptive?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:42:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 9:44:11 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 11:58:41 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >My understanding is that it's the kind of thing that the Europeans are into - thinly disguised insults/pancakes.

>> Are you saying I have to disguise my insults better?

>It brings me great joy to find that you finally understand the situation. Can we hope that other Dutchmen are as perceptive?

But I don't want my insults to be misunderstand. They might be taken
as compliments. Shudder!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 11:41:22 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:37:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 9:42:18 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >> Dutch pancakes are thicker than cr?pes. but yours almost look like
> >> quiches or cakes.

> >I don't know nothing about no Dutch pancakes. I have made Dutch babies which is probably not what you're talking about. My guess is that you guys don't make these things or you call them "babies" or "American babies." Anyway, if American pancakes done up right are thick, fluffy, and oh so delectable, then so be it.

> I had never heard of a Dutch baby, in the cooking sense, before RFC.
> Or a Dutch oven.
>
> Y'all just throw in these European references to make yourselves look
> sophisticated

That is indeed the case. In America, we like to call failed pancakes "crêpes" because it sounds so classy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 11:41:22 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:37:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >I don't know nothing about no Dutch pancakes. I have made Dutch babies which is probably not what you're talking about. My guess is that you guys don't make these things or you call them "babies" or "American babies." Anyway, if American pancakes done up right are thick, fluffy, and oh so delectable, then so be it.

>> I had never heard of a Dutch baby, in the cooking sense, before RFC.
>> Or a Dutch oven.
>>
>> Y'all just throw in these European references to make yourselves look
>> sophisticated

>That is indeed the case. In America, we like to call failed pancakes "crêpes" because it sounds so classy.

I can only guess how that word sounds in American, but, at least, it
looks classy in writing. Oh and compliments on the accent circonflexe.

"I bought me some Swiss that I'm going to cook in a Dutch oven and
serve with some Danish."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 6:00:36 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 11:41:22 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> I had never heard of a Dutch baby, in the cooking sense, before RFC.
> >> Or a Dutch oven.
> >>
> >> Y'all just throw in these European references to make yourselves look
> >> sophisticated

> >That is indeed the case. In America, we like to call failed pancakes "crępes" because it sounds so classy.

> I can only guess how that word sounds in American, but, at least, it
> looks classy in writing. Oh and compliments on the accent circonflexe.
>
> "I bought me some Swiss that I'm going to cook in a Dutch oven and
> serve with some Danish."

Whenever you see "Dutch" in American cookery, it's probably a corruption
of "Deutsch".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

E&J VSOP brandy is very tasty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 02:58:39 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 6:00:36 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >That is indeed the case. In America, we like to call failed pancakes "cr?pes" because it sounds so classy.

>> I can only guess how that word sounds in American, but, at least, it
>> looks classy in writing. Oh and compliments on the accent circonflexe.
>>
>> "I bought me some Swiss that I'm going to cook in a Dutch oven and
>> serve with some Danish."

>Whenever you see "Dutch" in American cookery, it's probably a corruption
>of "Deutsch".

Yes, like with Dutch Pennsylvanians.

Crown Pork Roast tom General Cooking 6 20-11-2007 07:20 AM
Turkey Crown. How Big? Merryterry General Cooking 23 20-12-2006 01:14 PM
1968 bottle of crown royal [email protected] General Cooking 35 17-05-2006 04:16 AM
herbal teas by 3-crown Dmitri Tea 0 17-11-2003 02:01 AM