Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Many ingredients, not sure what to cook

I'm torn. I have some cubed round steak in the freezer which needs to
be used. I'm thinking country/chicken fried steak with cream gravy.
Simple country fare served with butter beans.

But, something else has been tugging at me which is much more
interesting. Stuffed scallops.

I have some very large scallop shells which were gifted to me by a
neighbor. She bought them with the intention of making Coquilles St.
Jacques but never got around to it.

I have made crab and shrimp "stuffing" using canned lump crab and thawed
from frozen diced shrimp for stuffed flounder. No big deal to
substitute small thawed Patagonian (bay, petite) scallops in the
breadcrumb and sauteed vegetable mixture. Spoon onto the scallop shells
and bake. I think I'll tackle that this weekend.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I have made crab and shrimp "stuffing" using canned lump crab

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I do it several times per year. I use stove top stuffing with sweet bell peppers and whatever else., crab, clams or scallops. Depending, I will dust with Old Bay.
I wash the shells for next time. I have about 10 good looking shells.
When made, they freeze well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 5:35:50 PM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> I'm torn. I have some cubed round steak in the freezer which needs to
> be used. I'm thinking country/chicken fried steak with cream gravy.
> Simple country fare served with butter beans.
>
> But, something else has been tugging at me which is much more
> interesting. Stuffed scallops.
>
> I have some very large scallop shells which were gifted to me by a
> neighbor. She bought them with the intention of making Coquilles St.
> Jacques but never got around to it.
>
> I have made crab and shrimp "stuffing" using canned lump crab and thawed
> from frozen diced shrimp for stuffed flounder. No big deal to
> substitute small thawed Patagonian (bay, petite) scallops in the
> breadcrumb and sauteed vegetable mixture. Spoon onto the scallop shells
> and bake. I think I'll tackle that this weekend.
>
> Jill

This stuffing is wonderful in the chayote/mirliton but you could use it in your shells just as easily. It's quite tasty.

https://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/...uffed-mirliton