Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default A breakfast to cook in steam with healthy ingredients

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:25:28 -0700 (PDT), surana
> wrote:

>A breakfast to cook with steam. Does not harm your stomach. Try out
>this southindian recepie and serve it to your family members
>
>http://www.tamilnadurecepies.blogspot.com

It may not harm your stomach, but I shudder to think what it
is doing to a diabetic's blood glucose levels an hour after
breakfast.

The first ingredient is two cups of rice, the rest includes
lentils.

What is an "idlis"?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 2000 mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (Be Smart, Be Skeptical)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:35:21 +1100, Alan S
> wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:25:28 -0700 (PDT), surana
> wrote:
>
>>A breakfast to cook with steam. Does not harm your stomach. Try out
>>this southindian recepie and serve it to your family members
>>
>>http://www.tamilnadurecepies.blogspot.com

>It may not harm your stomach, but I shudder to think what it
>is doing to a diabetic's blood glucose levels an hour after
>breakfast.
>
>The first ingredient is two cups of rice, the rest includes
>lentils.
>
>What is an "idlis"?
>

>Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

Idli's are steamed rice/lentil cakes. They are normally served with a
rich, spicy sauce called Sambar. They are one of my favorite breakfast
treats although I can only eat a few of them at a meal. They impact my
glucose less than you might imagine as the lentils seem to mitigate
the effect of the rice a bit.

While I've made idli's from scratch as this recipe describes there are
packaged mixes available in our local Indian stores that are much
easier and quicker to make.

------
Pete Romfh, telecom geek and amateur gourmet.
Houston, TX, USA
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:58:36 -0500, Pete Romfh
> wrote:

>Pete Romfh, telecom geek and amateur gourmet.
>Houston, TX, USA

Hey, Pete - good to see you again! How have you been?

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I'm Ok. We got flooded in Hurricane IKE along with a lot of Houston
houses.
We're gradually getting the house put back together.

------
Pete Romfh, telecom geek and amateur gourmet.
Houston, TX, USA
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:35:21 +1100, Alan S
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:25:28 -0700 (PDT), surana
> wrote:
>>
>>>A breakfast to cook with steam. Does not harm your stomach. Try out
>>>this southindian recepie and serve it to your family members
>>>
>>>http://www.tamilnadurecepies.blogspot.com

>>It may not harm your stomach, but I shudder to think what it
>>is doing to a diabetic's blood glucose levels an hour after
>>breakfast.
>>
>>The first ingredient is two cups of rice, the rest includes
>>lentils.
>>
>>What is an "idlis"?
>>

>>Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

> Idli's are steamed rice/lentil cakes. They are normally served with a
> rich, spicy sauce called Sambar. They are one of my favorite breakfast
> treats although I can only eat a few of them at a meal. They impact my
> glucose less than you might imagine as the lentils seem to mitigate
> the effect of the rice a bit.
>
> While I've made idli's from scratch as this recipe describes there are
> packaged mixes available in our local Indian stores that are much
> easier and quicker to make.
>
> ------
> Pete Romfh, telecom geek and amateur gourmet.
> Houston, TX, USA

Pete, it is certainly good to see you posting again. I have missed your
interesting recipes!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

(Our) enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship,
cupidity, hatred and discrimination, which lie within the heart of man." --
Thich Nhat Hanh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:58:36 -0500, Pete Romfh
> wrote:

>On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:35:21 +1100, Alan S
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:25:28 -0700 (PDT), surana
> wrote:
>>
>>>A breakfast to cook with steam. Does not harm your stomach. Try out
>>>this southindian recepie and serve it to your family members
>>>
>>>http://www.tamilnadurecepies.blogspot.com

>>It may not harm your stomach, but I shudder to think what it
>>is doing to a diabetic's blood glucose levels an hour after
>>breakfast.
>>
>>The first ingredient is two cups of rice, the rest includes
>>lentils.
>>
>>What is an "idlis"?
>>

>>Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

>Idli's are steamed rice/lentil cakes. They are normally served with a
>rich, spicy sauce called Sambar. They are one of my favorite breakfast
>treats although I can only eat a few of them at a meal. They impact my
>glucose less than you might imagine as the lentils seem to mitigate
>the effect of the rice a bit.
>
>While I've made idli's from scratch as this recipe describes there are
>packaged mixes available in our local Indian stores that are much
>easier and quicker to make.
>
>------
>Pete Romfh, telecom geek and amateur gourmet.
>Houston, TX, USA

Thanks for the explanation Pete. Nice to hear from you - how
are you?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 2000 mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (Analysis of a Day's Meals)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:33:12 -0500, Pete Romfh
> wrote:

>I'm Ok. We got flooded in Hurricane IKE along with a lot of Houston
>houses.
>We're gradually getting the house put back together.

Scary! And messy... hope you didn't lose anything of value. I have an
image of a lot of cookery books going for a swim...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 18, 1:23*am, Nicky > wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:33:12 -0500, Pete Romfh
>
> > wrote:
> >I'm Ok. We got flooded in Hurricane IKE along with a lot of Houston
> >houses.
> >We're gradually getting the house put back together.

> Scary! And messy... hope you didn't lose anything of value. I have an
> image of a lot of cookery books going for a swim...
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.4% *BMI 25

We knew the hurricane was coming and moved almost everything to
safety. All 200+ cookbooks are safe and dry.

we only had about a foot (33cm) of water through the house. It
damaged floors and some wallboard but there was no major loss of
anything.
We were without electricity for 16 days but were able to cook on the
gas stove. I bought a small generator that kept the refrigerator cold
and gave us a few lights.

Others had it far worse as over 25,000 homes were destroyed along the
Texas coast. Some people came home to a pile of rubble and a concrete
slab where their home used to be.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
On Oct 18, 1:23 am, Nicky > wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:33:12 -0500, Pete Romfh
>
> > wrote:
> >I'm Ok. We got flooded in Hurricane IKE along with a lot of Houston
> >houses.
> >We're gradually getting the house put back together.

> Scary! And messy... hope you didn't lose anything of value. I have an
> image of a lot of cookery books going for a swim...
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

We knew the hurricane was coming and moved almost everything to
safety. All 200+ cookbooks are safe and dry.

we only had about a foot (33cm) of water through the house. It
damaged floors and some wallboard but there was no major loss of
anything.
We were without electricity for 16 days but were able to cook on the
gas stove. I bought a small generator that kept the refrigerator cold
and gave us a few lights.

Others had it far worse as over 25,000 homes were destroyed along the
Texas coast. Some people came home to a pile of rubble and a concrete
slab where their home used to be.

******************

Glad you made it through OK Pete.
Your recipes are always good!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

(Our) enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship,
cupidity, hatred and discrimination, which lie within the heart of man." --
Thich Nhat Hanh

Eat Healthy And Cook Healthy prashanth j Recipes 0 19-04-2012 05:09 AM
Healthy Breakfast tan Recipes 24 12-11-2011 01:29 PM
How to cook healthy eggs? emmy007 General Cooking 20 09-04-2011 02:50 AM
A pure vegetarian breakfast with healthy ingredients Mervyn Carter[_2_] Vegan 0 07-11-2008 07:51 PM
A pure vegetarian breakfast with healthy ingredients spammer Vegan 0 03-11-2008 03:19 AM