Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The best breakfast ever

This is sort of a three part recipe and it does take a long time to do
all at once, but it is possible to precook the longest parts weeks
ahead and it will cut cooking time down considerably

step one
precooking the hash brown/fries
ingredients

Raw russet potatoes (several pounds)
olive oil, sesame oil mix 10:1 ratio respectively
salt

It is best to use a mandoline if you are careful, then slice the
potatoes

then using a sharp knife cut the potato slices into french fry shape
and sizes, using an airfryer you do not want thick long fries.

Oil your fries with the oil mixture, it does not take much. I put my
oil mixture in a squirt bottle

Put in the airfryer at a low temperature like 290 F for about 25
minutes, if you have a basket airfryer then shake after 10 mins.

Freeze your precooked potatoes until you are ready to use them.

Step 2
making the breakfast

first get the proper serving of frozen fries and place them into the
air fryer with what ever herb and veg you want to go with your hash
browns. You can use bell peppers any color I prefer red, hot peppers,
banana peppers, I also always use onions and sometimes garlic
air fry all of your stuff for about 10 mins at 400 F shake often..
make sure you don't burn your veg and ensure that your fries are
cooked I have found that over cooking the fries just a bit is great
for this recipe.

While the airfryer is going heat and oil a non stick skillet and set
the temp to a med/low and fry 1 egg over easy. You want your yolk well
heated but still runny. Remove egg from skillet and set aside

Step 3

Add heavy cream (substitute soy milk almond milk or regular milk) to
the skillet perhaps just an ounce or two. when it starts to bubble
sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the skillet using a rubber spatula
press the cheese into the milk and stir around until the cheese forms
a sauce...

remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate

Plating

Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...

Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
creation.

this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
> This is sort of a three part recipe and it does take a long time to do
> all at once, but it is possible to precook the longest parts weeks
> ahead and it will cut cooking time down considerably
>
> step one
> precooking the hash brown/fries
> ingredients
>
> Raw russet potatoes (several pounds)
> olive oil, sesame oil mix 10:1 ratio respectively
> salt
>
> It is best to use a mandoline if you are careful, then slice the
> potatoes
>
> then using a sharp knife cut the potato slices into french fry shape
> and sizes, using an airfryer you do not want thick long fries.
>
> Oil your fries with the oil mixture, it does not take much. I put my
> oil mixture in a squirt bottle
>
> Put in the airfryer at a low temperature like 290 F for about 25
> minutes, if you have a basket airfryer then shake after 10 mins.
>
> Freeze your precooked potatoes until you are ready to use them.
>
> Step 2
> making the breakfast
>
> first get the proper serving of frozen fries and place them into the
> air fryer with what ever herb and veg you want to go with your hash
> browns. You can use bell peppers any color I prefer red, hot peppers,
> banana peppers, I also always use onions and sometimes garlic
> air fry all of your stuff for about 10 mins at 400 F shake often..
> make sure you don't burn your veg and ensure that your fries are
> cooked I have found that over cooking the fries just a bit is great
> for this recipe.
>
> While the airfryer is going heat and oil a non stick skillet and set
> the temp to a med/low and fry 1 egg over easy. You want your yolk well
> heated but still runny. Remove egg from skillet and set aside
>
> Step 3
>
> Add heavy cream (substitute soy milk almond milk or regular milk) to
> the skillet perhaps just an ounce or two. when it starts to bubble
> sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the skillet using a rubber spatula
> press the cheese into the milk and stir around until the cheese forms
> a sauce...
>
> remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
>
> Plating
>
> Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
> slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
> cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
> Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
>
> Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
> creation.
>
> this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
> dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

Â* That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 12:42:44 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 2/24/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
> > This is sort of a three part recipe and it does take a long time to do
> > all at once, but it is possible to precook the longest parts weeks
> > ahead and it will cut cooking time down considerably
> >
> > step one
> > precooking the hash brown/fries
> > ingredients
> >
> > Raw russet potatoes (several pounds)
> > olive oil, sesame oil mix 10:1 ratio respectively
> > salt
> >
> > It is best to use a mandoline if you are careful, then slice the
> > potatoes
> >
> > then using a sharp knife cut the potato slices into french fry shape
> > and sizes, using an airfryer you do not want thick long fries.
> >
> > Oil your fries with the oil mixture, it does not take much. I put my
> > oil mixture in a squirt bottle
> >
> > Put in the airfryer at a low temperature like 290 F for about 25
> > minutes, if you have a basket airfryer then shake after 10 mins.
> >
> > Freeze your precooked potatoes until you are ready to use them.
> >
> > Step 2
> > making the breakfast
> >
> > first get the proper serving of frozen fries and place them into the
> > air fryer with what ever herb and veg you want to go with your hash
> > browns. You can use bell peppers any color I prefer red, hot peppers,
> > banana peppers, I also always use onions and sometimes garlic
> > air fry all of your stuff for about 10 mins at 400 F shake often..
> > make sure you don't burn your veg and ensure that your fries are
> > cooked I have found that over cooking the fries just a bit is great
> > for this recipe.
> >
> > While the airfryer is going heat and oil a non stick skillet and set
> > the temp to a med/low and fry 1 egg over easy. You want your yolk well
> > heated but still runny. Remove egg from skillet and set aside
> >
> > Step 3
> >
> > Add heavy cream (substitute soy milk almond milk or regular milk) to
> > the skillet perhaps just an ounce or two. when it starts to bubble
> > sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the skillet using a rubber spatula
> > press the cheese into the milk and stir around until the cheese forms
> > a sauce...
> >
> > remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
> >
> > Plating
> >
> > Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
> > slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
> > cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
> > Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
> >
> > Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
> > creation.
> >
> > this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
> > dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
> > --
> >

> > "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> > ~Toidi Uoy

> Â* That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .

You're not wrong. I usually manage microwaved oatmeal.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:42:43 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
>> This is sort of a three part recipe and it does take a long time to do
>> all at once, but it is possible to precook the longest parts weeks
>> ahead and it will cut cooking time down considerably
>>
>> step one
>> precooking the hash brown/fries
>> ingredients
>>
>> Raw russet potatoes (several pounds)
>> olive oil, sesame oil mix 10:1 ratio respectively
>> salt
>>
>> It is best to use a mandoline if you are careful, then slice the
>> potatoes
>>
>> then using a sharp knife cut the potato slices into french fry shape
>> and sizes, using an airfryer you do not want thick long fries.
>>
>> Oil your fries with the oil mixture, it does not take much. I put my
>> oil mixture in a squirt bottle
>>
>> Put in the airfryer at a low temperature like 290 F for about 25
>> minutes, if you have a basket airfryer then shake after 10 mins.
>>
>> Freeze your precooked potatoes until you are ready to use them.
>>
>> Step 2
>> making the breakfast
>>
>> first get the proper serving of frozen fries and place them into the
>> air fryer with what ever herb and veg you want to go with your hash
>> browns. You can use bell peppers any color I prefer red, hot peppers,
>> banana peppers, I also always use onions and sometimes garlic
>> air fry all of your stuff for about 10 mins at 400 F shake often..
>> make sure you don't burn your veg and ensure that your fries are
>> cooked I have found that over cooking the fries just a bit is great
>> for this recipe.
>>
>> While the airfryer is going heat and oil a non stick skillet and set
>> the temp to a med/low and fry 1 egg over easy. You want your yolk well
>> heated but still runny. Remove egg from skillet and set aside
>>
>> Step 3
>>
>> Add heavy cream (substitute soy milk almond milk or regular milk) to
>> the skillet perhaps just an ounce or two. when it starts to bubble
>> sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the skillet using a rubber spatula
>> press the cheese into the milk and stir around until the cheese forms
>> a sauce...
>>
>> remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
>>
>> Plating
>>
>> Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
>> slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
>> cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
>> Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
>>
>> Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
>> creation.
>>
>> this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
>> dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
>> --
>>

>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>> ~Toidi Uoy

> * That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .

well first I have to ask you why are you in a foodie room?
Second I have to say that if you have an airfryer and you do the
first step lets say a week or two in advance and you do a couple of
lbs of potatoes then freeze them you will be set for a couple of
weeks....
You can wake up in the AM throw your frozen fries and precut veggies
in the airfryer set it for 10 mins, put on a pot of coffee fry an egg
shake your fries make your coffee make a cheese sauce plate your
food.. then eat that shit up like there is no tomorrow. But I must say
if it is done right it makes a great meal lets say for a family
brunch.. I mean if you spend a few extra minutes on garnish and egg
and cheese placement you can have meal deserved of a michelin star

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 12:42 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 2/24/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
>> This is sort of a three part recipe and it does take a long time to do
>> all at once, but it is possible to precook the longest parts weeks
>> ahead and it will cut cooking time down considerably
>>
>> step one
>> precooking the hash brown/fries
>> ingredients
>>
>> Raw russet potatoes (several pounds)
>> olive oil, sesame oil mix 10:1 ratio respectively
>> salt
>>
>> It is best to use a mandoline if you are careful, then slice the
>> potatoes
>>
>> then using a sharp knife cut the potato slices into french fryÂ* shape
>> and sizes, using an airfryer you do not want thick long fries.
>>
>> Oil your fries with the oil mixture, it does not take much. I put my
>> oil mixture in a squirt bottle
>>
>> Put in the airfryer at a low temperature like 290 F for about 25
>> minutes, if you have a basket airfryer then shake after 10 mins.
>>
>> Freeze your precooked potatoes until you are ready to use them.
>>
>> Step 2
>> making the breakfast
>>
>> first get the proper serving of frozen fries and place them into the
>> air fryer with what ever herb and veg you want to go with your hash
>> browns. You can use bell peppers any color I prefer red, hot peppers,
>> banana peppers, I also always use onions and sometimes garlic
>> air fry all of your stuff for about 10 mins at 400 FÂ* shake often..
>> make sure you don't burn your veg and ensure that your fries are
>> cooked I have found that over cooking the fries just a bit is great
>> for this recipe.
>>
>> While the airfryer is going heat and oil a non stick skillet and set
>> the temp to a med/low and fry 1 egg over easy. You want your yolk well
>> heated but still runny. Remove egg from skillet and set aside
>>
>> Step 3
>>
>> Add heavy cream (substitute soy milk almond milk or regular milk) to
>> the skillet perhaps just an ounce or two. when it starts to bubble
>> sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the skillet using a rubber spatula
>> press the cheese into the milk and stir around until the cheese forms
>> a sauce...
>>
>> remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
>>
>> Plating
>>
>> Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
>> slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
>> cheese sauce on all aroundÂ* the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
>> Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
>>
>> Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
>> creation.
>>
>> this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
>> dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
>> --
>>

>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* ~Toidi Uoy

There are idiots who think dehydrated sausage links are a good thing.
Uh, whut?!

> Â* That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .

I can make a great skillet breakfast, takes maybe an hour in total.
Without an air frier or over the course of many days.

Brown some pork breakfast sausage (or strips of bacon) in a cast iron
skillet. Meanwhile, slice or shred about four russet potatoes. I don't
need instructions on how to do this. I have a food processor which
slices very evenly. Or I could use the shredding blade. Press excess
water out of the potatoes.

Remove the browned sausage (or bacon). Leave some of the still hot fat
in the still hot skillet. Add the sliced or shredded potatoes. Pack
them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over medium
heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the bottom.
Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly with S&P.
Pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Sprinkle the cooked sausage (or
crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese
(your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25 minutes until
the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and the cheese is
nicely melted and sort of browned on top.

Doesn't take days to do. And it's very tasty!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 1:08:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> [...]
> >> a sauce...
> >>
> >> remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
> >>
> >> Plating
> >>
> >> Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
> >> slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
> >> cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
> >> Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
> >>
> >> Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
> >> creation.
> >>
> >> this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
> >> dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
> >> --
> >>

> >> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> >> ~Toidi Uoy

> > Â* That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .

> well first I have to ask you why are you in a foodie room?

You mistake the nature of rec.food.cooking. It is not a foodie
room (and it's not a room, it's Usenet newsgroup). It is for
discussion of food and cooking. As such, cold cereal is well
within the charter.

Blessed be.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:28:34 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> [...]
>>> a sauce...
>>>
>>> remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
>>>
>>> Plating
>>>
>>> Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
>>> slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
>>> cheese sauce on all around* the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
>>> Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
>>>
>>> Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
>>> creation.
>>>
>>> this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
>>> dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
>>> --
>>>

>>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>>> ********** ~Toidi Uoy

>There are idiots who think dehydrated sausage links are a good thing.

that is because it is

>> * That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .
>>

>I can make a great skillet breakfast, takes maybe an hour in total.
>Without an air frier or over the course of many days.

That breakfast I listed can be made in about 30 minutes starting with
uncut potatoes and a skillet... using an airfryer allows you to
precook your food so the process gets lowered to 12 minutes and you
don't have to cut potatoes but once every 2-3 weeks. Not to mention
you can also have french fries for dinner with your burger. what is it
with you people and your prejudiced bullshit. I mean it is like you
have totally forgotten how to freakin think... When you plan ahead it
makes life easier...

>Brown some pork breakfast sausage (or strips of bacon) in a cast iron
>skillet. Meanwhile, slice or shred about four russet potatoes. I don't
>need instructions on how to do this. I have a food processor which
>slices very evenly. Or I could use the shredding blade. Press excess
>water out of the potatoes.
>
>Remove the browned sausage (or bacon). Leave some of the still hot fat
>in the still hot skillet. Add the sliced or shredded potatoes. Pack
>them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over medium
>heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the bottom.
>Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly with S&P.
>Pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Sprinkle the cooked sausage (or
>crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese
>(your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25 minutes until
>the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and the cheese is
>nicely melted and sort of browned on top.
>
>Doesn't take days to do. And it's very tasty!
>
>Jill

Wow can you say the word cholesterol?....

and it still takes longer than my way.. and it will not taste as good,
your cheese is fixed in place and when it cools a little it will be
fixed and become crumbly.... You will not get the look of the dish
that I listed... Yours will be a plane jane breakfast.. wait sorry
plain jill...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:28:34 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:
snip

>I can make a great skillet breakfast, takes maybe an hour in total.
>Without an air frier or over the course of many days.
>
>Brown some pork breakfast sausage (or strips of bacon) in a cast iron
>skillet. Meanwhile, slice or shred about four russet potatoes. I don't
>need instructions on how to do this. I have a food processor which
>slices very evenly. Or I could use the shredding blade. Press excess
>water out of the potatoes.
>
>Remove the browned sausage (or bacon). Leave some of the still hot fat
>in the still hot skillet. Add the sliced or shredded potatoes. Pack
>them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over medium
>heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the bottom.
>Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly with S&P.
>Pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Sprinkle the cooked sausage (or
>crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese
>(your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25 minutes until
>the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and the cheese is
>nicely melted and sort of browned on top.
>
>Doesn't take days to do. And it's very tasty!
>
>Jill

and, all of us have been able to do this stuff since we were in grade
school. I did the skillet breakfast for dinner the night before last.
Bacon grease, sliced raw potatoes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms,
bacon, scrambled eggs and either green onions/parsley. Oooh, and I
used my mandolin!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

> [...]

slices very evenly. Or I could use the shredding blade. Press excess
water out of the potatoes.

Remove the browned sausage (or bacon). Leave some of the still hot fat
in the still hot skillet. Add the sliced or shredded potatoes. Pack
them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over medium
heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the bottom.
Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly with S&P.
Pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Sprinkle the cooked sausage (or
crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese
(your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25 minutes until
the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and the cheese is
nicely melted and sort of browned on top.

Doesn't take days to do. And it's very tasty!

==

Do you eat all that?????

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 11:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> [...]
>>> a sauce...
>>>
>>> remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
>>>
>>> Plating
>>>
>>> Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
>>> slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
>>> cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
>>> Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
>>>
>>> Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
>>> creation.
>>>
>>> this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
>>> dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request
>>> --
>>>

>>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>>> ~Toidi Uoy

>> Â* That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .

> You're not wrong. I usually manage microwaved oatmeal.

Obviously you've never heard the joke . "What do newlyweds have for
breakfast?" Yeah , I know , it's crude . Oh well , we all have our days .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 12:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> [...]

> which slices very evenly.Â* Or I could use the shredding blade.Â* Press
> excess water out of the potatoes.
>
> Remove the browned sausage (or bacon).Â* Leave some of the still hot
> fat in the still hot skillet.Â* Add the sliced or shredded potatoes.Â*
> Pack them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over
> medium heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the
> bottom. Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly
> with S&P. Pour over the potatoes in the skillet.Â* Sprinkle the cooked
> sausage (or crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of
> shredded cheese (your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25
> minutes until the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and
> the cheese is nicely melted and sort of browned on top.
>
> Doesn't take days to do.Â* And it's very tasty!

Â* I can do ham/shroom/cheese omelets , hash browns or home fries and
toast with juice and coffee in just over 30 minutes ... less if I use
frozen shredded taters .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:28:53 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 12:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> There are idiots who think dehydrated sausage links are a good thing.
>> Uh, whut?!
>>
>>> ** That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .
>>>

>> I can make a great skillet breakfast, takes maybe an hour in total.
>> Without an air frier or over the course of many days.
>>
>> Brown some pork breakfast sausage (or strips of bacon) in a cast iron
>> skillet.* Meanwhile, slice or shred about four russet potatoes.* I
>> don't need instructions on how to do this.* I have a food processor
>> which slices very evenly.* Or I could use the shredding blade.* Press
>> excess water out of the potatoes.
>>
>> Remove the browned sausage (or bacon).* Leave some of the still hot
>> fat in the still hot skillet.* Add the sliced or shredded potatoes.*
>> Pack them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over
>> medium heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the
>> bottom. Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly
>> with S&P. Pour over the potatoes in the skillet.* Sprinkle the cooked
>> sausage (or crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of
>> shredded cheese (your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25
>> minutes until the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and
>> the cheese is nicely melted and sort of browned on top.
>>
>> Doesn't take days to do.* And it's very tasty!
>>
>> Jill

> * I can do ham/shroom/cheese omelets , hash browns or home fries and
>toast with juice and coffee in just over 30 minutes ... less if I use
>frozen shredded taters .

Wow all of you are missing the entire point. All of my recipes are
easy to make gluten free healthy meals that not only look fan ****ing
tastic but taste the same. I am trying to show some of you how to cook
like a chef not a high school cafeteria worker

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 16:57:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 2/24/2019 4:01 PM, wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:28:53 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:

>>> * I can do ham/shroom/cheese omelets , hash browns or home fries and
>>> toast with juice and coffee in just over 30 minutes ... less if I use
>>> frozen shredded taters .

>> Wow all of you are missing the entire point. All of my recipes are
>> easy to make gluten free healthy meals that not only look fan ****ing
>> tastic but taste the same. I am trying to show some of you how to cook
>> like a chef not a high school cafeteria worker
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> * In your own not so humble opinion ... most of the regulars here are
>very accomplished cooks , and don't need your advice . By all means post
>your recipes , just save the rhetoric for those who care . I can't speak
>for the rest , but I don't .

being humble is a sign of weakness, the people here have shown that
and they are not weak. Granted the theists in this group are not all
that intelligent but still not weak. A weak person would not tell a
blatantly lie to someone's face. I mean that takes a lot of
balls....It is not the weakness, it is the prejudice they feel towards
me because I have come on so strong and just put myself out there and
refuse to be challenged by anyone that is not on my level... ( I am
not talking about cooking as I am a rather amateur cook) when I say on
my level I mean theists are not on my level, hell they are not even in
the same ballpark or even the same country.

They are so put off by my hatred for religion that they refuse to
sample my wares (as it were...recipes) because of a freakin name. How
pitiful is that? I really don't care if they try it or not, just don't
lie about it, make up an entire story that makes no damn sense and had
no valid point to counter what I posted....I have posted more recipes
and talked more about food than any other person here in the last 3-4
days. All of my recipes are meant to be a healthy gluten free choice
and alls they have to do is say I am not going to try it... Not make
up crap like well I don't like your name so.....

or that process looks way to hard or has too many steps or takes too
long and then they turn around and read off a recipe that would take
twice as long and has just as many if not more steps and is just as
complicated....

Ya see, I as an atheist or more specifically antitheist have very very
strong morals, I freakin hate lies and dislike the people who lie.
Telling a lie because the person is too stupid to even realize it is a
lie is no excuse, it is still a lie. I have a higher moral aptitude
than any religious person living on this planet. EVERY THEIST LIES.
EVERY ONE EVERY DAY.......

I apologize if you are even still reading this I will cut off here.
This is a food group and I could do this all day...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 4:01:14 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> I am trying to show some of you how to cook
> like a chef

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! That's good, really
good; got anymore pearls of wisdom for us??????

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry said
In your own not so humble opinion ... most of the regulars here are
very accomplished cooks , and don't need your advice . By all means post
your recipes , just save the rhetoric for those who care . I can't speak
for the rest , but I don't .

Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

Whoah, I was thrilled to discover a way to doctor
up Saltines, and hey, mayo and ketchup? Breakfast scramble?
Holy(!) Moley. Weve had some strange ones,
but this one takes the cake!

Nellie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Wow all of you are missing the entire point. All of my recipes are
>>> easy to make gluten free healthy meals that not only look fan ****ing
>>> tastic but taste the same. I am trying to show some of you how to cook
>>> like a chef not a high school cafeteria worker
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>> Â* In your own not so humble opinion ... most of the regulars here are
>> very accomplished cooks , and don't need your advice . By all means post
>> your recipes , just save the rhetoric for those who care . I can't speak
>> for the rest , but I don't .

> being humble is a sign of weakness, the people here have shown that
> and they are not weak. Granted the theists in this group are not all
> that intelligent but still not weak. A weak person would not tell a
> blatantly lie to someone's face. I mean that takes a lot of
> balls....It is not the weakness, it is the prejudice they feel towards
> me because I have come on so strong and just put myself out there and
> refuse to be challenged by anyone that is not on my level... ( I am
> not talking about cooking as I am a rather amateur cook) when I say on
> my level I mean theists are not on my level, hell they are not even in
> the same ballpark or even the same country.
>
> They are so put off by my hatred for religion that they refuse to
> sample my wares (as it were...recipes) because of a freakin name. How
> pitiful is that? I really don't care if they try it or not, just don't
> lie about it, make up an entire story that makes no damn sense and had
> no valid point to counter what I posted....I have posted more recipes
> and talked more about food than any other person here in the last 3-4
> days. All of my recipes are meant to be a healthy gluten free choice
> and alls they have to do is say I am not going to try it... Not make
> up crap like well I don't like your name so.....
>
> or that process looks way to hard or has too many steps or takes too
> long and then they turn around and read off a recipe that would take
> twice as long and has just as many if not more steps and is just as
> complicated....
>
> Ya see, I as an atheist or more specifically antitheist have very very
> strong morals, I freakin hate lies and dislike the people who lie.
> Telling a lie because the person is too stupid to even realize it is a
> lie is no excuse, it is still a lie. I have a higher moral aptitude
> than any religious person living on this planet. EVERY THEIST LIES.
> EVERY ONE EVERY DAY.......
>

> I apologize if you are even still reading this I will cut off here.
> This is a food group and I could do this all day...

Â* I couldn't possibly care less about your religion or lack thereof .
You're coming across as an arrogant prick who can't stand to be
challenged . In your own way you're just one side of the coin and the
Jehovah Witnesses the other .Â* Don't you have some dishes to wash or
something ?

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:49:16 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 4:01:14 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to show some of you how to cook
>> like a chef
>>

>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! That's good, really
>good; got anymore pearls of wisdom for us??????

sure but just remember you asked...

STOP BELIEVING IN FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are no what they
appear to be

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 10:52:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 1:08:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:42:43 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:

>> > * That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .

>> well first I have to ask you why are you in a foodie room?

>You mistake the nature of rec.food.cooking. It is not a foodie
>room (and it's not a room, it's Usenet newsgroup). It is for

Wow not a foodie room eh? well technically not room or a room the word
still applies as such

space that can be occupied or where something can be done, especially
viewed in terms of whether there is enough.

Inasmuch when used speaking from a virtual standpoint the room,
channel, group, newsgroup, pow wow, gathering of strangers, gathering
of idiots and one genius (me), this is virtual space whereas something
can be done, such as but not limited to discussion and trade of
various food, food groups, food types, recipes, and any or all
products and appliances electric or non electric used in the
preparation, cooking, serving, and clean up of said foods and/or
services preformed within the limits and mandates of what was being
originally discussed and/or any tangents and separate discussions that
have been called up for discussion and debate.

>discussion of food and cooking. As such, cold cereal is well
>within the charter.

All I can tell you is that I can make a much better bowl of gluten
free rice krispies than you can.. because my gluten free soy milk
pour is much much better than yours. and that is a promise!!!

>Blessed be.

what the hell does that mean anyway? I never sneezed. and when someone
does sneeze what the hell does that mean anyway?

>Cindy Hamilton

I see you may or may not be using your real name.. In either case it
really does not matter because I just wanted to write something after
you name so that I could look as though I was really important writing
something after someone's name!!! << added for extra effect

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I had some really good rye bread with dinner tonight. It will go good
> with fried eggs for breakfast too. Toasted, buttered, and a but of
> honey for the second slice.

I'm right there with ya on that one, Ed.
I don't ever eat morning breakfast but I do like the food so
sometimes a 'breakfast for dinner' meal. Two items are fried over
easy (juicy) eggs and toasted&buttered rye bread.

For some reason, they always make the various rye breads in an
oval that just don't fit in a toaster. So when toasting rye, I
cut it in half. Once toasted and buttered, I'll cut those pieces
in half. So....4 pieces from one slice.

Just like you with the honey, I'll eat 3 pieces plain with my
eggs and always save the last piece that has orange marmalade or
grape jam. That is eaten last as a breakfast dessert.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:20:38 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> I had some really good rye bread with dinner tonight. It will go good
>> with fried eggs for breakfast too. Toasted, buttered, and a but of
>> honey for the second slice.

>I'm right there with ya on that one, Ed.
>I don't ever eat morning breakfast but I do like the food so
>sometimes a 'breakfast for dinner' meal. Two items are fried over
>easy (juicy) eggs and toasted&buttered rye bread.
>
>For some reason, they always make the various rye breads in an
>oval that just don't fit in a toaster. So when toasting rye, I
>cut it in half. Once toasted and buttered, I'll cut those pieces
>in half. So....4 pieces from one slice.
>
>Just like you with the honey, I'll eat 3 pieces plain with my
>eggs and always save the last piece that has orange marmalade or
>grape jam. That is eaten last as a breakfast dessert.

well ya see everyone does not seem to be able to use simple
conversions, it is so strange.

For instance take my original recipe and get precut frozen fries and
put them in a skillet with pre cut frozen veggies or even just onions
and spinach and take a 30 minute mean into a 13 minute meal.... cook
time I mean... and it can be served any time... In fact I love a good
hash brown meal at 2:45 in the am after a night of hard partying with
various others....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 06:31:34 -0600,
wrote:

>This is sort of a three part recipe and it does take a long time to do
>all at once, but it is possible to precook the longest parts weeks
>ahead and it will cut cooking time down considerably
>
>step one
>precooking the hash brown/fries
>ingredients
>
>Raw russet potatoes (several pounds)
>olive oil, sesame oil mix 10:1 ratio respectively
>salt
>
>It is best to use a mandoline if you are careful, then slice the
>potatoes
>
>then using a sharp knife cut the potato slices into french fry shape
>and sizes, using an airfryer you do not want thick long fries.
>
>Oil your fries with the oil mixture, it does not take much. I put my
>oil mixture in a squirt bottle
>
>Put in the airfryer at a low temperature like 290 F for about 25
>minutes, if you have a basket airfryer then shake after 10 mins.
>
>Freeze your precooked potatoes until you are ready to use them.
>
>Step 2
>making the breakfast
>
>first get the proper serving of frozen fries and place them into the
>air fryer with what ever herb and veg you want to go with your hash
>browns. You can use bell peppers any color I prefer red, hot peppers,
>banana peppers, I also always use onions and sometimes garlic
>air fry all of your stuff for about 10 mins at 400 F shake often..
>make sure you don't burn your veg and ensure that your fries are
>cooked I have found that over cooking the fries just a bit is great
>for this recipe.
>
>While the airfryer is going heat and oil a non stick skillet and set
>the temp to a med/low and fry 1 egg over easy. You want your yolk well
>heated but still runny. Remove egg from skillet and set aside
>
>Step 3
>
>Add heavy cream (substitute soy milk almond milk or regular milk) to
>the skillet perhaps just an ounce or two. when it starts to bubble
>sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the skillet using a rubber spatula
>press the cheese into the milk and stir around until the cheese forms
>a sauce...
>
>remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
>
>Plating
>
>Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
>slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
>cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
>Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
>
>Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
>creation.
>
>this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
>dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request

Oh man I just out did myself...

Took my hash brown recipe and altered it

swapped sweet potatoes for the russets added carrots and jalapeno
covered it with my cheese sauce BUT added 3 drops of Sriracha
sauce(lee kum kee gluten free) to the cheese sauce.. and my old heaven
was replaced by my new heaven

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>remove the cheese sauce from the heat and prepare to plate
>>
>>Plating
>>
>>Place your air fried potatoes and veg mixture onto a plate gently
>>slide your fried egg on top of your 'taters and then drizzle your
>>cheese sauce on all around the egg yolk but not actually on the yolk.
>>Garnish with chives, garlic chives, parsley or whatever you wish...
>>
>>Before serving gently break the yolk and allow to drizzle over your
>>creation.
>>
>>this is also great served with a dehydrated sausage link or bacon
>>dehydrated sausage link recipe available upon request

>Oh man I just out did myself...
>
>Took my hash brown recipe and altered it
>
>swapped sweet potatoes for the russets added carrots and jalapeno
>covered it with my cheese sauce BUT added 3 drops of Sriracha
>sauce(lee kum kee gluten free) to the cheese sauce.. and my old heaven

Oh man that was good... Damn good.. perfect amount of spice...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> > I had some really good rye bread with dinner tonight. It will go
> > good with fried eggs for breakfast too. Toasted, buttered, and a
> > but of honey for the second slice.

> I'm right there with ya on that one, Ed.
> I don't ever eat morning breakfast but I do like the food so
> sometimes a 'breakfast for dinner' meal. Two items are fried over
> easy (juicy) eggs and toasted&buttered rye bread.
>
> For some reason, they always make the various rye breads in an
> oval that just don't fit in a toaster. So when toasting rye, I
> cut it in half. Once toasted and buttered, I'll cut those pieces
> in half. So....4 pieces from one slice.
>
> Just like you with the honey, I'll eat 3 pieces plain with my
> eggs and always save the last piece that has orange marmalade or
> grape jam. That is eaten last as a breakfast dessert.

Smile, I was about to make Rye bread and my rye flour was bad. Don
left it out and had to toss it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:28:34 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
> snip
>>
>>I can make a great skillet breakfast, takes maybe an hour in total.
>>Without an air frier or over the course of many days.
>>
>>Brown some pork breakfast sausage (or strips of bacon) in a cast iron
>>skillet. Meanwhile, slice or shred about four russet potatoes. I don't
>>need instructions on how to do this. I have a food processor which
>>slices very evenly. Or I could use the shredding blade. Press excess
>>water out of the potatoes.
>>
>>Remove the browned sausage (or bacon). Leave some of the still hot fat
>>in the still hot skillet. Add the sliced or shredded potatoes. Pack
>>them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over medium
>>heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the bottom.
>>Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly with S&P.
>>Pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Sprinkle the cooked sausage (or
>>crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese
>>(your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25 minutes until
>>the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and the cheese is
>>nicely melted and sort of browned on top.
>>
>>Doesn't take days to do. And it's very tasty!
>>
>>Jill

> and, all of us have been able to do this stuff since we were in grade
> school. I did the skillet breakfast for dinner the night before last.
> Bacon grease, sliced raw potatoes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms,
> bacon, scrambled eggs and either green onions/parsley. Oooh, and I
> used my mandolin!
> Janet US

I used to make that sort of thing all the time! I don't now as I can't have
eggs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:28:53 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:

>>> There are idiots who think dehydrated sausage links are a good thing.
>>> Uh, whut?!

>>> I can make a great skillet breakfast, takes maybe an hour in total.
>>> Without an air frier or over the course of many days.
>>>
>>> Brown some pork breakfast sausage (or strips of bacon) in a cast iron
>>> skillet. Meanwhile, slice or shred about four russet potatoes. I
>>> don't need instructions on how to do this. I have a food processor
>>> which slices very evenly. Or I could use the shredding blade. Press
>>> excess water out of the potatoes.
>>>
>>> Remove the browned sausage (or bacon). Leave some of the still hot
>>> fat in the still hot skillet. Add the sliced or shredded potatoes.
>>> Pack them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over
>>> medium heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the
>>> bottom. Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly
>>> with S&P. Pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Sprinkle the cooked
>>> sausage (or crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of
>>> shredded cheese (your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25
>>> minutes until the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and
>>> the cheese is nicely melted and sort of browned on top.
>>>
>>> Doesn't take days to do. And it's very tasty!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I can do ham/shroom/cheese omelets , hash browns or home fries and
>>toast with juice and coffee in just over 30 minutes ... less if I use
>>frozen shredded taters .

> Wow all of you are missing the entire point. All of my recipes are
> easy to make gluten free healthy meals that not only look fan ****ing
> tastic but taste the same. I am trying to show some of you how to cook
> like a chef not a high school cafeteria worker

A real chef would never cook that way and there are not many here who do GF.
My daughter used to have issues with gluten and other foods. So I know how
to cook GF. Currently my gardener keeps giving me mixed information about
his diet. I won't even get into all of that as it makes no sense. But he was
asking for GF stuff then eating things with wheat/gluten. I pretty much just
side stepped that by using Asian rice noodles, brown rice and buying plenty
of corn tortillas but I stopped buying GF flour. It's expensive and he was
eating my regular bread anyway and sometimes burgers or breaded chicken that
was not GF.

I tried to have a discussion with him as to what gluten did to him because I
would never want to sicken anyone with my cooking. Got nowhere with that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 16:57:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>>On 2/24/2019 4:01 PM, wrote:

>>> Wow all of you are missing the entire point. All of my recipes are
>>> easy to make gluten free healthy meals that not only look fan ****ing
>>> tastic but taste the same. I am trying to show some of you how to cook
>>> like a chef not a high school cafeteria worker
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>> In your own not so humble opinion ... most of the regulars here are
>>very accomplished cooks , and don't need your advice . By all means post
>>your recipes , just save the rhetoric for those who care . I can't speak
>>for the rest , but I don't .

> being humble is a sign of weakness, the people here have shown that
> and they are not weak. Granted the theists in this group are not all
> that intelligent but still not weak. A weak person would not tell a
> blatantly lie to someone's face. I mean that takes a lot of
> balls....It is not the weakness, it is the prejudice they feel towards
> me because I have come on so strong and just put myself out there and
> refuse to be challenged by anyone that is not on my level... ( I am
> not talking about cooking as I am a rather amateur cook) when I say on
> my level I mean theists are not on my level, hell they are not even in
> the same ballpark or even the same country.
>
> They are so put off by my hatred for religion that they refuse to
> sample my wares (as it were...recipes) because of a freakin name. How
> pitiful is that? I really don't care if they try it or not, just don't
> lie about it, make up an entire story that makes no damn sense and had
> no valid point to counter what I posted....I have posted more recipes
> and talked more about food than any other person here in the last 3-4
> days. All of my recipes are meant to be a healthy gluten free choice
> and alls they have to do is say I am not going to try it... Not make
> up crap like well I don't like your name so.....
>
> or that process looks way to hard or has too many steps or takes too
> long and then they turn around and read off a recipe that would take
> twice as long and has just as many if not more steps and is just as
> complicated....
>
> Ya see, I as an atheist or more specifically antitheist have very very
> strong morals, I freakin hate lies and dislike the people who lie.
> Telling a lie because the person is too stupid to even realize it is a
> lie is no excuse, it is still a lie. I have a higher moral aptitude
> than any religious person living on this planet. EVERY THEIST LIES.
> EVERY ONE EVERY DAY.......
>

> I apologize if you are even still reading this I will cut off here.
> This is a food group and I could do this all day...

I don't care about your religion or lack thereof. I believe everyone is
free to believe what they want. Just don't push it off on me because I'm not
interested. I have a sign by my front door saying so. You also should never
blindly assume that a person is a certain religion because there's a great
chance you'd be wrong. You also seem to want to lump people together.

As for your "cooking", I really have no interest. You seem hell bent (and
no, hell is not a part of Christianity at all but some people think it is)
on using your air fryer. More power to you there but I never cared for fried
foods with the exception of fried okra as a child. I'm also not big on new
cooking devices. Small kitchen. Not much counter or storage space.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:20:38 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> I had some really good rye bread with dinner tonight. It will go good
>>> with fried eggs for breakfast too. Toasted, buttered, and a but of
>>> honey for the second slice.

>>I'm right there with ya on that one, Ed.
>>I don't ever eat morning breakfast but I do like the food so
>>sometimes a 'breakfast for dinner' meal. Two items are fried over
>>easy (juicy) eggs and toasted&buttered rye bread.
>>
>>For some reason, they always make the various rye breads in an
>>oval that just don't fit in a toaster. So when toasting rye, I
>>cut it in half. Once toasted and buttered, I'll cut those pieces
>>in half. So....4 pieces from one slice.
>>
>>Just like you with the honey, I'll eat 3 pieces plain with my
>>eggs and always save the last piece that has orange marmalade or
>>grape jam. That is eaten last as a breakfast dessert.

> well ya see everyone does not seem to be able to use simple
> conversions, it is so strange.
>
> For instance take my original recipe and get precut frozen fries and
> put them in a skillet with pre cut frozen veggies or even just onions
> and spinach and take a 30 minute mean into a 13 minute meal.... cook
> time I mean... and it can be served any time... In fact I love a good
> hash brown meal at 2:45 in the am after a night of hard partying with
> various others....

I love to cook. It's not about saving time with me. Yes, I do cook some meat
and rice in bulk. That is portioned out for the freezer but is mainly used
for the dogs. I will eat a little of the ground beef now and then in a taco
salad or something like that. But I'm not a big meat eater.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:23:25 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> I apologize if you are even still reading this I will cut off here.
>> This is a food group and I could do this all day...

>I don't care about your religion or lack thereof. I believe everyone is
>free to believe what they want. Just don't push it off on me because I'm not
>interested. I have a sign by my front door saying so. You also should never
>blindly assume that a person is a certain religion because there's a great
>chance you'd be wrong. You also seem to want to lump people together.
>
>As for your "cooking", I really have no interest. You seem hell bent (and
>no, hell is not a part of Christianity at all but some people think it is)
>on using your air fryer. More power to you there but I never cared for fried
>foods with the exception of fried okra as a child. I'm also not big on new
>cooking devices. Small kitchen. Not much counter or storage space.

Anyway, gluten is the ENEMY! If it doesn't affect you, it will affect
your child. And if it doesn't affect her either, it will affect your
neighbours or your President! So don't eat GLUTEN!

*wipes spit off chin*
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:28:34 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>There are idiots who think dehydrated sausage links are a good thing.
>>Uh, whut?!

> that is because it is
>

>>> That's too damn much work . I prefer Squirt & Cider .
>>>

>>I can make a great skillet breakfast, takes maybe an hour in total.
>>Without an air frier or over the course of many days.

> That breakfast I listed can be made in about 30 minutes starting with
> uncut potatoes and a skillet... using an airfryer allows you to
> precook your food so the process gets lowered to 12 minutes and you
> don't have to cut potatoes but once every 2-3 weeks. Not to mention
> you can also have french fries for dinner with your burger. what is it
> with you people and your prejudiced bullshit. I mean it is like you
> have totally forgotten how to freakin think... When you plan ahead it
> makes life easier...
>

>>Brown some pork breakfast sausage (or strips of bacon) in a cast iron
>>skillet. Meanwhile, slice or shred about four russet potatoes. I don't
>>need instructions on how to do this. I have a food processor which
>>slices very evenly. Or I could use the shredding blade. Press excess
>>water out of the potatoes.
>>
>>Remove the browned sausage (or bacon). Leave some of the still hot fat
>>in the still hot skillet. Add the sliced or shredded potatoes. Pack
>>them in tightly so as to brown the bottom of the potatoes over medium
>>heat; they'll form a sort of a crust that is browned on the bottom.
>>Scramble four or 5 large eggs with a fork and season lightly with S&P.
>>Pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Sprinkle the cooked sausage (or
>>crumbled bacon) on top and add a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese
>>(your choice). Pop it in the oven at about 325F for 25 minutes until
>>the potatoes are cooked through, the eggs are set and the cheese is
>>nicely melted and sort of browned on top.
>>
>>Doesn't take days to do. And it's very tasty!
>>
>>Jill

> Wow can you say the word cholesterol?....
>
> and it still takes longer than my way.. and it will not taste as good,
> your cheese is fixed in place and when it cools a little it will be
> fixed and become crumbly.... You will not get the look of the dish
> that I listed... Yours will be a plane jane breakfast.. wait sorry
> plain jill...

Cholesterol is produced in the body. Has nothing to do with cholesterol in
food.

I would not want the look of your dish. It sounds hideous. And my cheese is
never crumbly unless it's supposed to be that way. Like Feta.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 21:06:58 -0800, "Julie Bove"

169 mg for each scrambled egg
19.8mg for each oz of sausage
29 mg in one slice 28 g of cheese..

yes that is a **** load of cholesterol

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:23:25 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 16:57:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:

>>> In your own not so humble opinion ... most of the regulars here are
>>>very accomplished cooks , and don't need your advice . By all means post
>>>your recipes , just save the rhetoric for those who care . I can't speak
>>>for the rest , but I don't .

>> being humble is a sign of weakness, the people here have shown that
>> and they are not weak. Granted the theists in this group are not all
>> that intelligent but still not weak. A weak person would not tell a
>> blatantly lie to someone's face. I mean that takes a lot of
>> balls....It is not the weakness, it is the prejudice they feel towards
>> me because I have come on so strong and just put myself out there and
>> refuse to be challenged by anyone that is not on my level... ( I am
>> not talking about cooking as I am a rather amateur cook) when I say on
>> my level I mean theists are not on my level, hell they are not even in
>> the same ballpark or even the same country.
>>
>> They are so put off by my hatred for religion that they refuse to
>> sample my wares (as it were...recipes) because of a freakin name. How
>> pitiful is that? I really don't care if they try it or not, just don't
>> lie about it, make up an entire story that makes no damn sense and had
>> no valid point to counter what I posted....I have posted more recipes
>> and talked more about food than any other person here in the last 3-4
>> days. All of my recipes are meant to be a healthy gluten free choice
>> and alls they have to do is say I am not going to try it... Not make
>> up crap like well I don't like your name so.....
>>
>> or that process looks way to hard or has too many steps or takes too
>> long and then they turn around and read off a recipe that would take
>> twice as long and has just as many if not more steps and is just as
>> complicated....
>>
>> Ya see, I as an atheist or more specifically antitheist have very very
>> strong morals, I freakin hate lies and dislike the people who lie.
>> Telling a lie because the person is too stupid to even realize it is a
>> lie is no excuse, it is still a lie. I have a higher moral aptitude
>> than any religious person living on this planet. EVERY THEIST LIES.
>> EVERY ONE EVERY DAY.......
>>

>> I apologize if you are even still reading this I will cut off here.
>> This is a food group and I could do this all day...

>I don't care about your religion or lack thereof. I believe everyone is
>free to believe what they want. Just don't push it off on me because I'm not
>interested. I have a sign by my front door saying so. You also should never
>blindly assume that a person is a certain religion because there's a great
>chance you'd be wrong. You also seem to want to lump people together.
>
>As for your "cooking", I really have no interest. You seem hell bent (and
>no, hell is not a part of Christianity at all but some people think it is)

Hell is what christians have named the underworld from the greeks
and/or romans. so yes hell is very very much part of christianity.
christians have named satan otherwise just another god stolen from the
greeks and or egyptians. Just as this jesus christ fairy was stolen
from the egyptian god horus

>on using your air fryer. More power to you there but I never cared for fried
>foods with the exception of fried okra as a child. I'm also not big on new
>cooking devices. Small kitchen. Not much counter or storage space.

well then you would love an airfryer.. they are small and they can
actually do so much...
You should not be so prejudiced against an appliance because it has
the word fryer in it. I mean do you consider oven fried food as fried
or at least the same as you may call deep fried chicken or french
fries?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:27:28 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>>>I'm right there with ya on that one, Ed.
>>>I don't ever eat morning breakfast but I do like the food so
>>>sometimes a 'breakfast for dinner' meal. Two items are fried over
>>>easy (juicy) eggs and toasted&buttered rye bread.
>>>
>>>For some reason, they always make the various rye breads in an
>>>oval that just don't fit in a toaster. So when toasting rye, I
>>>cut it in half. Once toasted and buttered, I'll cut those pieces
>>>in half. So....4 pieces from one slice.
>>>
>>>Just like you with the honey, I'll eat 3 pieces plain with my
>>>eggs and always save the last piece that has orange marmalade or
>>>grape jam. That is eaten last as a breakfast dessert.

>> well ya see everyone does not seem to be able to use simple
>> conversions, it is so strange.
>>
>> For instance take my original recipe and get precut frozen fries and
>> put them in a skillet with pre cut frozen veggies or even just onions
>> and spinach and take a 30 minute mean into a 13 minute meal.... cook
>> time I mean... and it can be served any time... In fact I love a good
>> hash brown meal at 2:45 in the am after a night of hard partying with
>> various others....

>I love to cook. It's not about saving time with me. Yes, I do cook some meat
>and rice in bulk. That is portioned out for the freezer but is mainly used
>for the dogs. I will eat a little of the ground beef now and then in a taco
>salad or something like that. But I'm not a big meat eater.

perhaps you should explore tofu. I would strongly recommend that you
make it yourself though as to not have all the added chemicals in it

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill, your frittata recipe looks good...IMO, a frittata can use the same ingredients put
together in different ways, and still be delicious. They are so easy to make. For me,
the hardest part is cooking the sausage/bacon first because it takes the longest. I use
Simply Potatoes O'Brien hash browns (shock! horror!) for the shredded potatoes since
the time I can spend on my feet at the stove is so limited.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 Nancy2 wrote:

>Jill, your frittata recipe looks good...IMO, a frittata can use the same ingredients put
>together in different ways, and still be delicious. They are so easy to make. For me,
>the hardest part is cooking the sausage/bacon first because it takes the longest. I use
>Simply Potatoes O'Brien hash browns (shock! horror!) for the shredded potatoes since
>the time I can spend on my feet at the stove is so limited.

Most of the frittata prep can be done sitting down, and all can be
done a day in advance... I make frittatas very often and even though I
can do it while standing I know there isn't much to prep.... I even
crack all the eggs, scramble them with a hand mixer and store the
stainless steel bowl in the fridge with a plate for a lid. I don't
shred the spuds, I peel and dice them into 1/2" cubes, let them fry on
the lowest heat and with no tending, when they are cooked through I
shut off the heat and just let the pan sit. I typically use SPAM and
make that a 1/2" dice too and fry it on low along with the spuds....
if you don't like SPAM use diced kielbasa... I sometimes use both...
no bacon here, but sometimes diced Hebrew National salami. and often
diced bell pepper and onion. Frittata ingredients are infinite, I
like to add plain pasta, cheese, clean out the fridge.... diced
celery, sliced pimento stuffed olives work
If you get a comfy computer chair for your kitchen you can just roll
your butt from point to point. Our frittatas are typically a dozen or
18 eggs, may as well make enough for a couple three meals... saves you
a lot of standing.... left over frittata can be reheated with a brown
egg foo yung and 'shroom sauce. I always use the entire carton of
eggs, loose eggs are an accident waiting to happen. To me it makes
no sense to cook a 2-3 egg fritatta, it's the same work for a dozen
egg fritatta and the same work to clean a large pan as a small pan.
Cooking large amounts of any kind of food saves a lot of labor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 5:31:09 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/24/2019 5:57 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> > On 2/24/2019 4:01 PM, wrote:

> >> Wow all of you are missing the entire point. All of my recipes are
> >> easy to make gluten free

> (snippage)
>
> > Â* In your own not so humble opinion ... most of the regulars here are
> > very accomplished cooks , and don't need your advice . By all means post
> > your recipes , just save the rhetoric for those who care . I can't speak
> > for the rest , but I don't .
> >

> I know I don't give's a rats ass about "gluten free" so it's time to
> jump off that bandwagon.
>
> Jill

Or, we could just ignore him and enjoy the discussions that he sparks
among regulars. I note his gluten-free thousand island salad dressing
recipe. I don't give a rat's ass about "gluten free" and I dislike
thousand island, but perhaps someone else will post a good recipe.

Not, of course, that you care about salad dressing...

Cindy Hamilton