Old 06-11-2009, 08:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

They've taken my long standing approach!

To me, what was great was the voice over sounded like John Candy which
reminded me of the movie "Uncle Buck" which in turn reminded me of the
humongous four-feet wide stack o' birthday pancakes on the kitchen table
for his nephew, drowning in maple syrup with bricks of butter melting on
top.

I sensed a kreative connection.

I get the feeling it's just getting around to playing Philly TV. Still...
it was a fun brainquake.

Andy

Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 2:59*pm, Andy wrote:
IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

They've taken my long standing approach!

To me, what was great was the voice over sounded like John Candy which
reminded me of the movie "Uncle Buck" which in turn reminded me of the
humongous four-feet wide stack o' birthday pancakes on the kitchen table
for his nephew, drowning in maple syrup *with bricks of butter melting on
top.

IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

Andy

--Bryan
Old 07-11-2009, 02:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ
wrote:

IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

I don't go there now. Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
has food. It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
attention to what I was eating anyway.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

wrote:

IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

I don't go there now. Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
has food. It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
attention to what I was eating anyway.

sf,

IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

I wasn't a big fan.

In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
about I dunno.

Best,

Andy

Old 07-11-2009, 03:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:04 -0600, Andy wrote:

IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

I wasn't a big fan.

I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:04 -0600, Andy wrote:

IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

I wasn't a big fan.

I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it as
"****ers".

That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?

Andy
Old 07-11-2009, 01:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
sf wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:04 -0600, Andy wrote:

IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

I wasn't a big fan.

I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it as
"****ers".

That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?

Andy

I hope you get past that, and try their burger & fries... just don't do
it on a week-end night. :-)
Old 07-11-2009, 01:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote in news:hd3rir$m5v$2
@news.eternal-september.org:

Andy wrote:
sf wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:04 -0600, Andy wrote:

IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

I wasn't a big fan.
I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it

as
"****ers".

That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?

Andy

I hope you get past that, and try their burger & fries... just don't do
it on a week-end night. :-)

Bob,

Heh heh heh!

They had a short life in Springfield, PA. Gone since over a decade ago.

I'd try them again somewhere else, given the planets line up just right,
etc., etc.

Best,

Andy

Old 07-11-2009, 02:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

I don't go there now. *Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
has food. *It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
attention to what I was eating anyway.

sf,

IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

I wasn't a big fan.

In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
about I dunno.

Their headquarters is right here in Richmond Heights, Missouri.
My wife and son eat at Panera pretty often, but here in StL they are
branded St. Louis Bread Company.
I like their pastries.

Best,

Andy

--Bryan

Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 7, 8:57*am, Andy wrote:
--Bryan wrote in news:9e9782ba-90e0-4246-9b49-
:

On Nov 6, 9:22*pm, Andy wrote:
sf wrote in

@
4ax.com:

wrote:

[...]

Bryan,

I had no idea they were a restaurant.

Will try. Thanks!

You can get alfalfa sprouts on your turkey sandwich.

Best,

Andy

--Bryan
Old 07-11-2009, 04:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 06:50:40 -0600, Andy wrote:

For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it as
"****ers".

I think that was the vague idea in some yuppie corporate mind. Oooo,
racy and funny giggle. Not.

That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?

I never stepped foot in the place, now there's no chance. Not that I
feel bad about it. I thought the name was stupid enough that it
should have died a long time ago, but deep pockets in corporate kept
it alive or more than likely they slowly bled it to death before
finally putting it out of it's misery.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 07:30:22 -0800 (PST), --Bryan
wrote:

You can get alfalfa sprouts on your turkey sandwich.

If I can get an avocado, cheese and sprout sandwich on multigrain
bread, that would be even better.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf :

wrote:

You can get alfalfa sprouts on your turkey sandwich.

If I can get an avocado, cheese and sprout sandwich on multigrain
bread, that would be even better.

sf,

We can sniff out anything + avocado, cheese, sprout multigrain bread
sandwiches from outer space! We've done it before! We can do it again!

Best,

Andrew