Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Pot Pie in the Ninja Foodi

Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:28:58 -0600,
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:33:17 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:

>> Wrong oh so wrong..
>>>>

>>> I thought it meant something like "It is impossible to know", which is
>>> quite a bit different.
>>>

>> yes it is Quite a bit different; nevertheless, you are correct

> If it is impossible to know then we don't know. Hence "I don't know".
> Sigh.

Yes, "I don't know and I can never know, and nobody knows nor can ever
know."

If you simpy say I don't know, it could be that you just haven't
discovered god's magic hiding place yet. One "cannot know" is much more
general.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:33:17 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>>wrote:

>>Wrong oh so wrong..
>>>>

>>>I thought it meant something like "It is impossible to know", which is
>>>quite a bit different.
>>>

>>yes it is Quite a bit different; nevertheless, you are correct

>If it is impossible to know then we don't know. Hence "I don't know".
>Sigh.

We as in you and the collective therein. I OTOH know for sure that
fairies do not exist

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 20:06:05 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:28:58 -0600,
>> wrote:

>>> Wrong oh so wrong..

>>> yes it is Quite a bit different; nevertheless, you are correct

>> If it is impossible to know then we don't know. Hence "I don't know".
>> Sigh.
>>

>Yes, "I don't know and I can never know, and nobody knows nor can ever
>know."
>
>If you simpy say I don't know, it could be that you just haven't
>discovered god's magic hiding place yet. One "cannot know" is much more
>general.

Ok, but maybe one can know. When something mystical happens and one is
touched by God or the Spaghetti Monster or the Spirit of the Mountain
or the Dreamtime Representative or whatever takes your fancy.

Not a common occurrence, I admit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Wrong oh so wrong..

>>>yes it is Quite a bit different; nevertheless, you are correct

>>If it is impossible to know then we don't know. Hence "I don't know".
>>Sigh.

>We as in you and the collective therein. I OTOH know for sure that
>fairies do not exist

That's a belief.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-24 6:27 p.m., wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:46:11 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> If I may can I give you some advise... don't challenge an atheist
>>> about religion or other theist matters in general, you will lose every
>>> time. I have debated people with masters degrees in religious studies
>>> and put them down. A christian woman gave me a video to watch about
>>> the garden of Eden, she said she loved that video because it was so
>>> moving to her. I watched it, actually payed attention to it and then
>>> told her what it was actually about.... she does not like that video
>>> anymore.
>>>
>>> Please do us both a favor and killfile me so that we do not have to
>>> engage in these useless series of questions that I have been asked so
>>> many times before.

>> And yet, you used advise as a noun. It is possible that I will take the
>> -->advice<-- in your second paragraph, but I never let someone know
>> when I make them go bye-bye. Questions remain unanswered regarding your
>> age and education. Oh, well. For now...
>> Piece! <get it?>

> Oh qoq <get it?> not<get it> you are going to try and act as though
> you are morally superior and far more educated and older and wiser
> and... You being so morally superior want to rag on me because I made
> a typo and spell check chose the incorrect word to fill in.. Oh wait
> that is not because you are morally superior it is because you are a
> theist and believe that fairies are real and are going to grant you a
> magical harry potter power when you die so that your "soul" will
> remain forever on your knees to a god that demands your worship for
> the rest of eternity.... HOW ****ING STUPID IS THAT??????
>
> And well really I don't give a **** if you have a PhD in quantum
> physics facts are facts. and the first fact I wish to comment on is
> that theists are morons. NO MATTER WHAT EDUCATION THEY HAVE. they
> could hold a triple PhD in the three hardest areas of science and if
> they believed in fairies they would still be one of the biggest (most
> educated) morons in the world...
>
> ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE that has a belief and faith that gods aka
> fairies are real then they are a ****ing moron.
>

> from the famous cellular commercial.... let me just say
> "can you hear me now?"

I think it's time you gave it a rest!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 18:52:15 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2019-02-24 6:30 p.m., cshenk wrote:
>>

>> > A bunch of more crap, all it does is get into atheizem with a thin
>> > veneer on cooking now added. At least, from what is quoted. His
>> > very name espouses religious hatred and is no better than outright
>> > racism.

>> It is probably more apt to say that his username demonstrates that he
>> is an offensive ass.
>>
>> This situation is not unlike Andy Kauffman's appearance on ABC's
>> Fridays, where he announced that he was born again and got all
>> preachy and then got yanked off the show. It would have been in bad
>> taste for a person hosting the show to start preaching to the
>> audience as a born again Christian, and it would be in equally bad
>> taste to make fun of them. This guy just doesn't understand why his
>> actions are offensive.... or... he is trying to be offensive. Either
>> way.... it is offensive.

>Yup. I could fire up a fake nym of 'ihate(insert group)@(insert
>group)peopleshouldie.pl' and it would be just as offensive.
>
>He;s socially clueless or playing a nym game. Either way, I see him
>like so many others, only in quotes. Thats really strange for a new
>person to hit in only 2 days and find some 10 of us 20 regulars hit
>same point that fast.

We get it, cshenk. We really get it.

==

Yep!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:30:39 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-24 12:35 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> I like pickles but not on a sandwich or battered&fried.

> > Preach it, brother. On the side, never fried.

> I must be the odd ball. I have not it lately but I used almost always
> slice sweet pickles and stick them in grilled cheese sandwiches. I
> reluctantly tried deep fried dill pickles and was surprised that they
> were do tasty.

Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
fresh jalapeno, and tomato.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:28:58 -0600,
>> wrote:

>>> Wrong oh so wrong..

>>> yes it is Quite a bit different; nevertheless, you are correct

>> If it is impossible to know then we don't know. Hence "I don't know".
>> Sigh.
>>

>Yes, "I don't know and I can never know, and nobody knows nor can ever
>know."
>
>If you simpy say I don't know, it could be that you just haven't
>discovered god's magic hiding place yet. One "cannot know" is much more
>general.

I would not say more general I would say more accurate; however, some
people do actually know, so it can be known. Yet It can be said as
"this one can not know" as in that person feels that they can not ever
know the truth.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 13:33:19 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 20:06:05 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>wrote:
>
>>Bruce wrote:

>>> If it is impossible to know then we don't know. Hence "I don't know".
>>> Sigh.
>>>

>>Yes, "I don't know and I can never know, and nobody knows nor can ever
>>know."
>>
>>If you simpy say I don't know, it could be that you just haven't
>>discovered god's magic hiding place yet. One "cannot know" is much more
>>general.

>Ok, but maybe one can know. When something mystical happens and one is
>touched by God or the Spaghetti Monster or the Spirit of the Mountain
>or the Dreamtime Representative or whatever takes your fancy.
>
>Not a common occurrence, I admit.

Well first No one and nothing has ever been touched by a god... If you
think that they have tell me when where provide sites and proof. Do
you really expects that mystical AKA magical things can happen in this
universe. There is the law of conservation ... ya know that pesky
thing the law of energy states that the total energy of an isolated
system remains constant; it is said to be conserved over time. This
law means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it
can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another.
Meaning magical forces do not just randomly pop out of peoples hands
and or rabbits out of hats.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>If it is impossible to know then we don't know. Hence "I don't know".
>>>Sigh.

>>We as in you and the collective therein. I OTOH know for sure that
>>fairies do not exist

>That's a belief.

Not even close. Belief requires faith, faith requires the human with
lack of education and intelligence... When I say education I mean the
basics...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 03:17:07 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:30:39 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Preach it, brother. On the side, never fried.

>> I must be the odd ball. I have not it lately but I used almost always
>> slice sweet pickles and stick them in grilled cheese sandwiches. I
>> reluctantly tried deep fried dill pickles and was surprised that they
>> were do tasty.

>Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
>fresh jalapeno, and tomato.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Ding ... sounds like we have a winner... I just may need to try
that... it does sound good. Although I make my grill cheeses on gluten
free corn tortillas

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia presented the following explanation :

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 18:52:15 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> It is probably more apt to say that his username demonstrates that he
>>> is an offensive ass.
>>>
>>> This situation is not unlike Andy Kauffman's appearance on ABC's
>>> Fridays, where he announced that he was born again and got all
>>> preachy and then got yanked off the show. It would have been in bad
>>> taste for a person hosting the show to start preaching to the
>>> audience as a born again Christian, and it would be in equally bad
>>> taste to make fun of them. This guy just doesn't understand why his
>>> actions are offensive.... or... he is trying to be offensive. Either
>>> way.... it is offensive.

>>Yup. I could fire up a fake nym of 'ihate(insert group)@(insert
>>group)peopleshouldie.pl' and it would be just as offensive.
>>
>>He;s socially clueless or playing a nym game. Either way, I see him
>>like so many others, only in quotes. Thats really strange for a new
>>person to hit in only 2 days and find some 10 of us 20 regulars hit
>>same point that fast.

> We get it, cshenk. We really get it.
>
> ==
>
> Yep!

Carol is an idiot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:42:05 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll take a fermented dill (kosher, heh), a vinegar-based dill, or once
> > > in a great while a sweet pickle

> > I like pickles but not on a sandwich or battered&fried.

> Preach it, brother. On the side, never fried.
>
> > My favorite pickles and taste... (oh boy, here we go)...are the 2
> > very thinly sliced pickles on a....(wait for it)...McDonald's
> > plain hamburger. I've never tried to find out what they are but
> > they are quite tasty.

> They're ordinary dill pickles, preserved in vinegar. I go in streaks
> where I eat pickles on hamburgers, then I stop for a long while.

I've never put them on home cooked burgers. I do like them plain,
on their own though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
> fresh jalapeno, and tomato.

Grilled cheese with a very thin slice of tomato really takes the
plain over the top. Never tried some jalapeno though. I'll give
it a try.

Who was is that said they made grilled cheese using a tortilla?
Boy does that sound like a FAIL to me. I picture every bite
squeezing the melted cheese out the sides.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:23:14 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I make my grill cheeses on gluten
>> free corn tortillas

>Oh it was you that said that. Bet you've actually never made a
>grilled cheese that way. If you had you wouldn't ever again.

You would be wrong on both accounts,

I usually make my grill cheese with more than two different types of
cheese such as swiss, cheddar, jack, and or other types. Add on
pickets, a little mayo and it is heaven!!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:22:54 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
>> fresh jalapeno, and tomato.

>Grilled cheese with a very thin slice of tomato really takes the
>plain over the top. Never tried some jalapeno though. I'll give
>it a try.
>
>Who was is that said they made grilled cheese using a tortilla?
>Boy does that sound like a FAIL to me. I picture every bite
>squeezing the melted cheese out the sides.

Generally called a Quesadilla
from Wiki
"Quesadilla
Dish
A quesadilla, or sometimes specifically a cheese quesadilla, is a
Mexican dish, consisting of a tortilla that is filled primarily with
cheese, and sometimes meats, beans, vegetables, and spices, and then
cooked on a griddle. Traditionally, a corn tortilla is used, but it
can also be made with a flour tortilla, particularly in northern
Mexico and the United States"
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 11:22:56 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
> > fresh jalapeno, and tomato.

> Grilled cheese with a very thin slice of tomato really takes the
> plain over the top. Never tried some jalapeno though. I'll give
> it a try.
>
> Who was is that said they made grilled cheese using a tortilla?
> Boy does that sound like a FAIL to me. I picture every bite
> squeezing the melted cheese out the sides.

That was our new buddy. Technically, what he described is
a quesadilla. I eat them frequently (more frequently than
I eat grilled cheese), albeit on a flour tortilla.
The trick is not to put too much cheese inside.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-25 11:23 a.m., Gary wrote:
> wrote:
>>
>> I make my grill cheeses on gluten
>> free corn tortillas

> Oh it was you that said that. Bet you've actually never made a
> grilled cheese that way. If you had you wouldn't ever again.

Keep feeding the troll why don't you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 10:09:22 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:22:54 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
>>> fresh jalapeno, and tomato.

>>Grilled cheese with a very thin slice of tomato really takes the
>>plain over the top. Never tried some jalapeno though. I'll give
>>it a try.
>>
>>Who was is that said they made grilled cheese using a tortilla?
>>Boy does that sound like a FAIL to me. I picture every bite
>>squeezing the melted cheese out the sides.

>Generally called a Quesadilla
>from Wiki
>"Quesadilla
>Dish
>A quesadilla, or sometimes specifically a cheese quesadilla, is a
>Mexican dish, consisting of a tortilla that is filled primarily with
>cheese, and sometimes meats, beans, vegetables, and spices, and then
>cooked on a griddle. Traditionally, a corn tortilla is used, but it
>can also be made with a flour tortilla, particularly in northern
>Mexico and the United States"
>Janet US

Well played janet, well played.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 09:10:08 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 11:22:56 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
>> > fresh jalapeno, and tomato.

>> Grilled cheese with a very thin slice of tomato really takes the
>> plain over the top. Never tried some jalapeno though. I'll give
>> it a try.
>>
>> Who was is that said they made grilled cheese using a tortilla?
>> Boy does that sound like a FAIL to me. I picture every bite
>> squeezing the melted cheese out the sides.

>That was our new buddy. Technically, what he described is
>a quesadilla. I eat them frequently (more frequently than
>I eat grilled cheese), albeit on a flour tortilla.
>The trick is not to put too much cheese inside.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

OMFG you guys are the best.... I knew you loved me.. you even called
me your buddy.. Oh wow I am all smiles here!!!!!!!!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 10:15:51 -0500, Bruce >
wrote:

>Ophelia presented the following explanation :
>>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...

>>>Yup. I could fire up a fake nym of 'ihate(insert group)@(insert
>>>group)peopleshouldie.pl' and it would be just as offensive.
>>>
>>>He;s socially clueless or playing a nym game. Either way, I see him
>>>like so many others, only in quotes. Thats really strange for a new
>>>person to hit in only 2 days and find some 10 of us 20 regulars hit
>>>same point that fast.

>> We get it, cshenk. We really get it.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Yep!
>>

>Carol is an idiot.

I didn't write that
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 03:17:07 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:30:39 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Preach it, brother. On the side, never fried.

>> I must be the odd ball. I have not it lately but I used almost always
>> slice sweet pickles and stick them in grilled cheese sandwiches. I
>> reluctantly tried deep fried dill pickles and was surprised that they
>> were do tasty.

>Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
>fresh jalapeno, and tomato.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I prefer my grilled Velveeta with belly lox... no wussy nova here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Interesting. I prefer my grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion,
> > fresh jalapeno, and tomato.

> Grilled cheese with a very thin slice of tomato really takes the
> plain over the top. Never tried some jalapeno though. I'll give
> it a try.
>
> Who was is that said they made grilled cheese using a tortilla?
> Boy does that sound like a FAIL to me. I picture every bite
> squeezing the melted cheese out the sides.

Corn would be a total bust but flour would work. It reminds me of our
first trip to Okinawa. We stayed at a rather nice hotel and Charlotte
wanted what they called 'cheese pizza'. LOL, can we say Quesadilla?
Cut to 'pizza triangles'. I will admit it was good. It was like so
many things, 'not as expected' until we learned the place.

Country style spareribs and 2 pork chops in the Ninja Foodi! [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 13 06-02-2019 11:54 AM
I bought a Ninja blender tonight zxcvbob General Cooking 12 08-09-2012 03:28 PM
Ninja Express sf[_9_] General Cooking 4 18-04-2012 09:08 PM
Ninja on sale at Woot $25 Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 1 14-05-2011 03:28 PM
Springfield Missouri Cashew Chicken Nugget & Chicken Fried Rice Duane Novak Recipes (moderated) 0 18-04-2007 05:27 PM