Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Pot Pie in the Ninja Foodi

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 21:50:35 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> Some people find Christ as their Savior, and some find that Gluten
> is their Satan. I think they're both full of shit.

Just to clarify: Unless you're a confirmed celiac through a snip of
your cilia and physical examination. Do I need to keep saying that?
99.9% of the gluten avoiders are not celiacs, so...

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/22/2019 11:06 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
> one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
> had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
> they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?
>
> -sw

Doubt it got any better. Sometimes we had one or two in the freezer for
a quick lunch. Tolerable at best.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:06:19 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
>one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
>had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
>they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?
>
>-sw

no, but they have gotten way worse!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 00:04:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 2/22/2019 11:06 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
>> one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
>> had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
>> they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?

> Doubt it got any better. Sometimes we had one or two in the freezer for
> a quick lunch. Tolerable at best.

I couldn't even justify heating up the oven for this dinky little
thing. So it will have to qit until I bake a cake or something.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:30:40 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:06:19 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
>>one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
>>had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
>>they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?
>>
>>-sw

> no, but they have gotten way worse!

It was already down to 4 little 1 centimeter squares of pulverized
and whipped chicken guts and maybe 8 pieces of mixed vegetables the
same size, the rest doughy crust and chicken buillion gravy. Lemme
guess.... not even an aluminum tray anymore?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Wow, you really are ****ed up about religion. I bet we hear about you
>>> on the new some night.

>> dude, tell me where I am incorrect....
>>
>> Just because I am about 150 years ahead of you and most of the world
>> does not mean I am wrong in any way...
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
>>

>Not a question of right or wrong, it is a question of what you do about
>it.

Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
they had a different belief??

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:00:27 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 21:50:35 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Some people find Christ as their Savior, and some find that Gluten
>> is their Satan. I think they're both full of shit.

>Just to clarify: Unless you're a confirmed celiac through a snip of
>your cilia and physical examination. Do I need to keep saying that?
>99.9% of the gluten avoiders are not celiacs, so...
>
>-sw

well there is a third option... yes there are celiac's, and there are
the posers, and yet there are other people that are gluten sensitive
or have a gluten intolerance. Now this is an actual thing, there are
actual symptoms, which may be caused by something as simple as a wheat
allergy, but it is very difficult to figure out which it is because as
you know wheat contains gluten. It is this wheat that has been cross
contaminated into almost every food there is unless special measures
are taken to ensure that does not happen.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:20:48 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:47:39 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:04:58 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Some of the models do, mine does.

>> Not the ninja, from what I saw it only air frys between the temps of
>> 300 and 400 you can not dehydrate at those temps
>>

>When the dehydrate function is selected the temperature of the pot drops as low
>as 150°. It all depends on what function you are using that what your temper-
>ature range will be.

ahh I see, well for now I will stick to my power air fryer that has
multiple shelves and a rotisserie

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Does using kosher salt make me religious?

I don't know about you but it didn't work for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:06:19 -0600, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
>>one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
>>had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
>>they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?
>>
>>-sw

>no, but they have gotten way worse!

I picked up some Marie Callender chicken pot pies. I was seeking a
childhood memory...alas, it was nightmarish.

Blech.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> dude, tell me where I am incorrect....
>>>
>>> Just because I am about 150 years ahead of you and most of the world
>>> does not mean I am wrong in any way...
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
>>>

>> Not a question of right or wrong, it is a question of what you do about
>> it.

> Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
> religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
> raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
> they had a different belief??

Its just that you are obsessed with it. The same as some of the nut
jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds. Seeking attention
is what is important to you, more important than the result.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Not a question of right or wrong, it is a question of what you do about
>>> it.

>> Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
>> religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
>> raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
>> they had a different belief??
>>

>Its just that you are obsessed with it. The same as some of the nut
>jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds. Seeking attention
>is what is important to you, more important than the result.

Well said Ed. Personally, as an atheist, sometimes other atheists are
as embarrassing as any Jimmy Bakker in their dedication to atheism.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 8:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote in reply to a nutjob:
>> Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
>> religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
>> raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
>> they had a different belief??
>>

> Its just that you are obsessed with it.Â* The same as some of the nut
> jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds.Â* Seeking attention
> is what is important to you, more important than the result.

None of his/her contributions have a thing to do with Joan making
chicken pot pie using her Ninja Foodie. I k/f'd the troll the minute I
saw the nickname. I'm in no way religious but I have no desire to give
this person a platform from which to preach (yep, it's preaching).

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:29:19 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 3:37:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 06:08:29 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >You said that sea salt is "best tasting". That implies there
>> >is a taste difference.

>> There is a taste difference in iodized salt and salt with anticaking
>> agents and any other added chemicals... The point I am trying to make
>> is just because a salt is jewish does not make it any better than any
>> other kind of salt. They are the same except maybe other than the
>> price.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>It occurs to me that hating religion is still having a relationship with
>it. You'd be better off if you got to where you didn't care at all
>about it.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

yes I see what you mean, although I would not say I have a
relationship with it but a relationship against it. Religion has been
screwing people over for far too long. The idea of a magic sky fairy
has and is still causing much death and hate around this world and it
needs to stop.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Not a question of right or wrong, it is a question of what you do about
>>> it.

>> Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
>> religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
>> raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
>> they had a different belief??
>>

>Its just that you are obsessed with it. The same as some of the nut
>jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds.

Ahhh but that is where you are so wrong, the only nutjobs that are
running trucks into crowds are other religious nutjobs. Atheists do
not do that.

> Seeking attention
>is what is important to you, more important than the result.

If you think so...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
>>> religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
>>> raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
>>> they had a different belief??
>>>

>>Its just that you are obsessed with it. The same as some of the nut
>>jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds. Seeking attention
>>is what is important to you, more important than the result.

>Well said Ed. Personally, as an atheist, sometimes other atheists are
>as embarrassing as any Jimmy Bakker in their dedication to atheism.

well there is a difference between atheist and antitheist. atheist are
more passive and let the world go by. antitheist are still atheist but
take a more active role in advocating the evils of theism

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 08:56:41 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/23/2019 8:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote in reply to a nutjob:
>>> Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
>>> religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
>>> raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
>>> they had a different belief??
>>>

>> Its just that you are obsessed with it.* The same as some of the nut
>> jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds.* Seeking attention
>> is what is important to you, more important than the result.

>None of his/her contributions have a thing to do with Joan making
>chicken pot pie using her Ninja Foodie. I k/f'd the troll the minute I
>saw the nickname. I'm in no way religious but I have no desire to give
>this person a platform from which to preach (yep, it's preaching).
>
>Jill

Wow prejudiced much?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 08:19:28 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:30:40 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:06:19 -0600, Sqwertz >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
>>>one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
>>>had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
>>>they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?
>>>
>>>-sw

>>no, but they have gotten way worse!

>I picked up some Marie Callender chicken pot pies. I was seeking a
>childhood memory...alas, it was nightmarish.
>
>Blech.

and yet, MC pot chicken pot pie is better than Swanson . . . at least
it was when I last had one about 10 years ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:29:19 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
snip

>It occurs to me that hating religion is still having a relationship with
>it. You'd be better off if you got to where you didn't care at all
>about it.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

long ago I had a friend who was adamant that all religion was fake.
She was into crystals ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 01:43:26 -0600,
wrote:

> [...] and there are the posers,

Would that be those who exaggerate their symptoms for piteous attention?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 2/23/2019 8:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote in reply to a nutjob:
>>> Ahh I see so me talking about religion and exposing the truths about
>>> religion is worse than the christians that have murdered tortured and
>>> raped millions of innocent people for no other reason than because
>>> they had a different belief??
>>>

>> Its just that you are obsessed with it.* The same as some of the nut
>> jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds.* Seeking attention
>> is what is important to you, more important than the result.

>None of his/her contributions have a thing to do with Joan making
>chicken pot pie using her Ninja Foodie. I k/f'd the troll the minute I
>saw the nickname. I'm in no way religious but I have no desire to give
>this person a platform from which to preach (yep, it's preaching).
>
>Jill

You're right. I was initially responding to Joan's post because I
am interested in what she's doing with her Foodi. I was drawn into
this when I noted that adjustment was necessary when using one salt
vs. another.
I'm assuming this poster is one of our wackadoodles off his/her meds
again.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 8:19 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:30:40 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:06:19 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
>>> one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
>>> had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
>>> they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?
>>>
>>> -sw

>> no, but they have gotten way worse!

> I picked up some Marie Callender chicken pot pies. I was seeking a
> childhood memory...alas, it was nightmarish.
>
> Blech.

I agree with you, Boron. My SO, who does not cook, thinks Marie
Callender's chicken pot pies are great. So I picked one up just to try
it, thinking maybe it would be good for when I want a quick meal. I
don't remember the cost but IIRC it was a bit more than $3. (They're
larger than the Swanson and Banquet pot pies of yesteryear and even
today). It was extremely bland.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 1:49 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:30:40 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:06:19 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't had a chicken pot pie for at least 20 years. So I bought
>>> one today for $.35, "Clearance" price. Yep, Swanson's brand. So I
>>> had buy it since will probably be my last chance to remember how bad
>>> they were. Could they have gotten better in the last 20 years?
>>>
>>> -sw

>> no, but they have gotten way worse!

> It was already down to 4 little 1 centimeter squares of pulverized
> and whipped chicken guts and maybe 8 pieces of mixed vegetables the
> same size, the rest doughy crust and chicken buillion gravy. Lemme
> guess.... not even an aluminum tray anymore?
>
> -sw

Metal? Of course not! They're microwaveable. It will be everything
you expect it to be, which means not very good.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:09:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:29:19 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 3:37:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 06:08:29 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> There is a taste difference in iodized salt and salt with anticaking
> >> agents and any other added chemicals... The point I am trying to make
> >> is just because a salt is jewish does not make it any better than any
> >> other kind of salt. They are the same except maybe other than the
> >> price.

> >It occurs to me that hating religion is still having a relationship with
> >it. You'd be better off if you got to where you didn't care at all
> >about it.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> yes I see what you mean, although I would not say I have a
> relationship with it but a relationship against it. Religion has been
> screwing people over for far too long. The idea of a magic sky fairy
> has and is still causing much death and hate around this world and it
> needs to stop.

It certainly is causing hate in you.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 9:56 AM, Mike_Duffy wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 01:43:26 -0600,
> wrote:
>
>> [...] and there are the posers,

> Would that be those who exaggerate their symptoms for piteous attention?

The very same, Mike. Also those with anti-religious (or religious)
convictions, merely seeking a platform.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-23 8:56 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/23/2019 8:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote in reply to a nutjob:

>> Its just that you are obsessed with it.Â* The same as some of the nut
>> jobs that blow up churches or run trucks into crowds.Â* Seeking
>> attention is what is important to you, more important than the result.

> None of his/her contributions have a thing to do with Joan making
> chicken pot pie using her Ninja Foodie.Â* I k/f'd the troll the minute I
> saw the nickname.Â* I'm in no way religious but I have no desire to give
> this person a platform from which to preach (yep, it's preaching).

That was a pretty good sign of what we could expect from him.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-23 9:50 a.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 08:19:28 -0500, Boron Elgar

>> I picked up some Marie Callender chicken pot pies. I was seeking a
>> childhood memory...alas, it was nightmarish.
>>
>> Blech.

> and yet, MC pot chicken pot pie is better than Swanson . . . at least
> it was when I last had one about 10 years ago.

I have not bought any major brand meat pie in decades. We occasionally
buy church lady meat pies from my wife's church or we get them from a
local bakery. At $4-5 apiece they are likely more expensive that those
in the grocery store freezer section, but they are delicious.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-23 9:53 a.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 03:29:19 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>> It occurs to me that hating religion is still having a relationship with
>> it. You'd be better off if you got to where you didn't care at all
>> about it.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> long ago I had a friend who was adamant that all religion was fake.
> She was into crystals ;-)

I have never been religious. I was glad to see public prayers slip away.
I have to admit to disappointment about the influx if Islamic immigrants
and refugees and being expected to welcome their fervent beliefs. And
then there is the native prayers that have become the norm for public
functions. Hell, we get away from one system on superstitious mumbo
jumbo just to replace it with another.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 08:16:18 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 00:46:42 -0600, Sqwertz >
>wrote:

>>> Doubt it got any better. Sometimes we had one or two in the freezer for
>>> a quick lunch. Tolerable at best.

>>I couldn't even justify heating up the oven for this dinky little
>>thing. So it will have to qit until I bake a cake or something.
>>
>>-sw

>These new pot pies can be heated in the M/W. Yum!

I sometimes have one and yes it nukes well, you leave it in the carton
and the lid seems to have some sort of lining and that must be what
stops the pastry going completely soggy in the nuker. Stouffers I
think, comes in a small red box.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 10:39 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 08:16:18 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 00:46:42 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> I couldn't even justify heating up the oven for this dinky little
>>> thing. So it will have to qit until I bake a cake or something.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> These new pot pies can be heated in the M/W. Yum!

> I sometimes have one and yes it nukes well, you leave it in the carton
> and the lid seems to have some sort of lining and that must be what
> stops the pastry going completely soggy in the nuker. Stouffers I
> think, comes in a small red box.

Yes, the red box! Stouffer's. Did it taste good?

Of most any frozen brand, I like Stouffer's when it comes to frozen
entrees. I still buy their Spinach Souffle. Not only does it taste
good to me, it's a memory that started when I was a teen. Mom bought it
and served it with dinner. Back then, yes, it came in a metal pan and
was cooked in the oven. It's a fond memory and she and I both continued
to buy it over the years. I still do. These days it is in a tray which
can be microwaved OR baked in the oven, just remove the film on top.

I haven't tried Stouffer's pot pie. Maybe I should. I wasn't at all
impressed by the Marie Callender pot pie. It was very bland.

Jill

Country style spareribs and 2 pork chops in the Ninja Foodi! [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 13 06-02-2019 11:54 AM
I bought a Ninja blender tonight zxcvbob General Cooking 12 08-09-2012 03:28 PM
Ninja Express sf[_9_] General Cooking 4 18-04-2012 09:08 PM
Ninja on sale at Woot $25 Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 1 14-05-2011 03:28 PM
Springfield Missouri Cashew Chicken Nugget & Chicken Fried Rice Duane Novak Recipes (moderated) 0 18-04-2007 05:27 PM