Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ninja Express

I bought a Ninja Express the other day because the blades in my
mini-processor have seen better days. Well, I christened it last
night and wow, it does work fast! After I'd finished chopping what I
wanted to chop, I decided I'd try chopping some parsley in it. It
made quick work of that, so I'm going to try chopping rosemary today
because every time I've tried to chop rosemary in my old one, I end up
doing it by hand. Anyway, you know the caution they have about not
reaching in without removing the blades first? Listen to them, it's
good advice. Don't ask me how I figured that part out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:10:14 -0700, sf > wrote:

>I bought a Ninja Express the other day because the blades in my
>mini-processor have seen better days. Well, I christened it last
>night and wow, it does work fast! After I'd finished chopping what I
>wanted to chop, I decided I'd try chopping some parsley in it. It
>made quick work of that, so I'm going to try chopping rosemary today
>because every time I've tried to chop rosemary in my old one, I end up
>doing it by hand. Anyway, you know the caution they have about not
>reaching in without removing the blades first? Listen to them, it's
>good advice. Don't ask me how I figured that part out.

I'm not sure what model the Express is, but I love my Ninja for making
snow of ice cubes for drinks.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:13:09 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:10:14 -0700, sf > wrote:
>

> >I bought a Ninja Express the other day because the blades in my
> >mini-processor have seen better days. Well, I christened it last
> >night and wow, it does work fast! After I'd finished chopping what I
> >wanted to chop, I decided I'd try chopping some parsley in it. It
> >made quick work of that, so I'm going to try chopping rosemary today
> >because every time I've tried to chop rosemary in my old one, I end up
> >doing it by hand. Anyway, you know the caution they have about not
> >reaching in without removing the blades first? Listen to them, it's
> >good advice. Don't ask me how I figured that part out.

> I'm not sure what model the Express is, but I love my Ninja for making
> snow of ice cubes for drinks.

What model? AFAIK, that *is* the model.
http://www.target.com/p/Shark-Ninja-...e/-/A-13742355
Rosemary stymied it, but I got it chopped anyway between the NE and a
knife.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:27:56 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:13:09 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:10:14 -0700, sf > wrote:
>>

>> >I bought a Ninja Express the other day because the blades in my
>> >mini-processor have seen better days. Well, I christened it last
>> >night and wow, it does work fast! After I'd finished chopping what I
>> >wanted to chop, I decided I'd try chopping some parsley in it. It
>> >made quick work of that, so I'm going to try chopping rosemary today
>> >because every time I've tried to chop rosemary in my old one, I end up
>> >doing it by hand. Anyway, you know the caution they have about not
>> >reaching in without removing the blades first? Listen to them, it's
>> >good advice. Don't ask me how I figured that part out.

>> I'm not sure what model the Express is, but I love my Ninja for making
>> snow of ice cubes for drinks.

>What model? AFAIK, that *is* the model.
>http://www.target.com/p/Shark-Ninja-...e/-/A-13742355
>Rosemary stymied it, but I got it chopped anyway between the NE and a
>knife.

I didn't know that they made one like that. I have the middle one
pictured on the top of this page. Got it at Costco for $39 about a
year ago.
http://ninjablender.org/
They have since gone to producing another model that is very much like
the original blender shape.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:52:53 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:27:56 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:13:09 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> > wrote:

> >> I'm not sure what model the Express is, but I love my Ninja for making
> >> snow of ice cubes for drinks.

> >What model? AFAIK, that *is* the model.
> >http://www.target.com/p/Shark-Ninja-...e/-/A-13742355
> >Rosemary stymied it, but I got it chopped anyway between the NE and a
> >knife.

> I didn't know that they made one like that. I have the middle one
> pictured on the top of this page. Got it at Costco for $39 about a
> year ago.
> http://ninjablender.org/
> They have since gone to producing another model that is very much like
> the original blender shape.

I only wanted the mini-chopper size because I'm replacing my old mini
chopper with it. It's a bit larger than what I'm replacing, but I
don't expect that to be a problem because it has 4 blades instead of
2.