Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hello I am new to this group, I have been a regular on usenetforyears but first time here... My first post.. a great recipe inside... nospam

On 2019-02-24 3:18 p.m., wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:10:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 18:33:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> There ya go. I always mix mayo and ketchup together for dipping
>>> veggies and also for a salad dressing when eating lasagna or
>>> spaghetti. Salad/with that dressing on the same plate as that
>>> dressing goes good with the tomato based sauce. YUM
>>>
>>> I did save that recipe to try next time I make this.
>>> It's just added W-sauce and garlic. Sounds good to me.
>>>
>>> I've done ketchup with worchestershire sauce for dipping fries.
>>> good but most times I prefer fries plain with salt and tons of
>>> black pepper. I actually blacken the pile of fries with the
>>> pepper. Many foods can get way too peppery but for some reason,
>>> potatoes of any kind will accept it and still be good.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
>>>
>>> Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but it is
>>> actually 'Worcestershire sauce' and we just call it 'Wuster sauce' )
>>>
>>> It is named after a place here called Worcester (which we pronounce Wuster)
>>> which is in Worcestershire)

> it is actually a very easy word to say, I have never even heard it
> pronounced incorrectly from natives in my city.
> Wishtershire
> or wishtersheer
>
> either way is correct....

Really??
It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
as in wool.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:45:28 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-02-24 3:18 p.m., wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:10:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...

>> it is actually a very easy word to say, I have never even heard it
>> pronounced incorrectly from natives in my city.
>> Wishtershire
>> or wishtersheer
>>
>> either way is correct....
>>

>Really??
>It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>as in wool.

yes yes technically it has an o this is however the "english proper
version" but saying wish with an i is a million times easier, just try
it. No one will even notice you use an I instead of an o, this is more
of the american english version

do me a solid and I want you to say two words out loud to yourself but
make them audible so you can hear your self say them

say the word woman
did it sound lie wo man? then that would be correct

Now say women
did it sound like wi men? that also would be correct..

Wo men would have been incorrect, how many people do you know that
pronounce it Wo Men, it is always Wi men

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, cshenk
> wrote:

> I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!

Sure. But is the first word pronounced lee or lay?

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 5:45 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2019-02-24 3:18 p.m., wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:10:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message

>> it is actually a very easy word to say, I have never even heard it
>> pronounced incorrectly from natives in my city.
>> Wishtershire
>> or wishtersheer
>>
>> either way is correct....
>>

> Really??
> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
> as in wool.

Yes, I lived 30 miles south of Worcester MA and learned quickly the
proper pronunciation. Same with Haverhill and Ayer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-24 7:58 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/24/2019 5:45 PM, graham wrote:

>> Really??
>> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>> as in wool.
>>

> Yes, I lived 30 miles south of Worcester MA and learned quickly the
> proper pronunciation.Â* Same with Haverhill and Ayer.

Yeah..... as if anything is pronounced correctly along that north east
cost .... Bar Habor ..... Bahabah... I rest my case. ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Really??
>>> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>>> as in wool.

>> yes yes technically it has an o this is however the "english proper
>> version" but saying wish with an i is a million times easier, just try
>> it. No one will even notice you use an I instead of an o, this is more
>> of the american english version
>>
>> do me a solid and I want you to say two words out loud to yourself but
>> make them audible so you can hear your self say them
>>

>> say the word woman
>> did it sound lie wo man? then that would be correct
>>
>> Now say women
>> did it sound like wi men? that also would be correct..
>>
>> Wo men would have been incorrect, how many people do you know that
>> pronounce it Wo Men, it is always Wi men

> Philosopher, chef and linguist. You may be a homo universalis like
> John Kuthe, who's a computer engineer, registered nurse and
> chocolatier.

Yoose just wait till Popeye finds out he ain't the onliest chef here
anymore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 8:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-24 7:58 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 2/24/2019 5:45 PM, graham wrote:

>>> Really??
>>> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the
>>> same as in wool.
>>>

>> Yes, I lived 30 miles south of Worcester MA and learned quickly the
>> proper pronunciation.Â* Same with Haverhill and Ayer.

> Yeah..... as if anything is pronounced correctly along that north east
> cost .... Bar Habor ..... Bahabah... I rest my case.Â*Â* ;-)

No, that is Maine, many miles north. Boston, though diluted over the
years, still has some different pronunciations. Never heard that in our
area.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Really??
>>>It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>>>as in wool.

>>yes yes technically it has an o this is however the "english proper
>>version" but saying wish with an i is a million times easier, just try
>>it. No one will even notice you use an I instead of an o, this is more
>>of the american english version
>>
>>do me a solid and I want you to say two words out loud to yourself but
>>make them audible so you can hear your self say them
>>

>>say the word woman
>>did it sound lie wo man? then that would be correct
>>
>>Now say women
>>did it sound like wi men? that also would be correct..
>>
>>Wo men would have been incorrect, how many people do you know that
>>pronounce it Wo Men, it is always Wi men

>Philosopher, chef and linguist. You may be a homo universalis like
>John Kuthe, who's a computer engineer, registered nurse and
>chocolatier.

Dude OMFG that was the funniest shit I have read on usenet in well I
dont know..... Awesome ... ****ing priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 20:03:50 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-02-24 7:58 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 2/24/2019 5:45 PM, graham wrote:

>>> Really??
>>> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>>> as in wool.
>>>

>> Yes, I lived 30 miles south of Worcester MA and learned quickly the
>> proper pronunciation.* Same with Haverhill and Ayer.

>Yeah..... as if anything is pronounced correctly along that north east
>cost .... Bar Habor ..... Bahabah... I rest my case. ;-)

oh bull crap it is correctly pronounced in the south, the turret
south, but actually she south west has the correct pronunciation
except if only you discount the north east they have it better unless
you consider the south south west with north eastern influences...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 16:56:53 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, cshenk
> wrote:
>
>> I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!

>Sure. But is the first word pronounced lee or lay?
>
>leo

Leo that was awesome... nice catch there

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> it is actually a very easy word to say, I have never even heard it
>>> pronounced incorrectly from natives in my city.
>>> Wishtershire
>>> or wishtersheer
>>>
>>> either way is correct....
>>>

>> Really??
>> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>> as in wool.

> yes yes technically it has an o this is however the "english proper
> version" but saying wish with an i is a million times easier, just try
> it. No one will even notice you use an I instead of an o, this is more
> of the american english version

Why TF should I? I'm English by birth and upbringing! I've just taught
you the correct pronunciation!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-24 5:58 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/24/2019 5:45 PM, graham wrote:
>> On 2019-02-24 3:18 p.m., wrote:

>>> it is actually a very easy word to say, I have never even heard it
>>> pronounced incorrectly from natives in my city.
>>> Wishtershire
>>> or wishtersheer
>>>
>>> either way is correct....
>>>

>> Really??
>> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>> as in wool.
>>

> Yes, I lived 30 miles south of Worcester MA and learned quickly the
> proper pronunciation.Â* Same with Haverhill and Ayer.

In the Suffolk dialect, Haverhill sounds like Hayvrull.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:13:43 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:33:27 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
> >
> > Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but it is
> > actually 'Worcestershire sauce' and we just call it 'Wuster sauce' )
> >
> > It is named after a place here called Worcester (which we pronounce
> > Wuster)
> > which is in Worcestershire)
> >
> > Just sayin' )))

> Wuster sauce is good. Worcestershire is not good. It's a great sauce
> alright
> but it's probably not a good idea to eat anything that you can't say or
> spell right.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fNFo2nsNw
>
> ===
>
> LOL it's brilliant LOL Yep say it as I do .. Wuster sauce, or even
> wustershire sauce
>
> That works )

I'm just happy that wuster sauce wasn't invented somewhere in Wales.

---

Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:41:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:13:43 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:33:27 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
>> >
>> > Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but it is
>> > actually 'Worcestershire sauce' and we just call it 'Wuster sauce' )
>> >
>> > It is named after a place here called Worcester (which we pronounce
>> > Wuster)
>> > which is in Worcestershire)
>> >
>> > Just sayin' )))

>> Wuster sauce is good. Worcestershire is not good. It's a great sauce
>> alright
>> but it's probably not a good idea to eat anything that you can't say or
>> spell right.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fNFo2nsNw
>>
>> ===
>>
>> LOL it's brilliant LOL Yep say it as I do .. Wuster sauce, or even
>> wustershire sauce
>>
>> That works )

>I'm just happy that wuster sauce wasn't invented somewhere in Wales.
>
>---
>
>Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

Then it might have been called Chwyrligwgan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:33:27 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
> >
> > Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but
> > it is actually 'Worcestershire sauce' and we just call it 'Wuster
> > sauce' )
> >
> > It is named after a place here called Worcester (which we pronounce
> > Wuster) which is in Worcestershire)
> >
> > Just sayin' )))

> Wuster sauce is good. Worcestershire is not good. It's a great sauce
> alright but it's probably not a good idea to eat anything that you
> can't say or spell right.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fNFo2nsNw
>
> ===
>
> LOL it's brilliant LOL Yep say it as I do .. Wuster sauce, or even
> wustershire sauce
>
> That works )

I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!

==

lol that works too)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:13:43 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:33:27 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
>> >
>> > Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but it is
>> > actually 'Worcestershire sauce' and we just call it 'Wuster sauce' )
>> >
>> > It is named after a place here called Worcester (which we pronounce
>> > Wuster)
>> > which is in Worcestershire)
>> >
>> > Just sayin' )))

>> Wuster sauce is good. Worcestershire is not good. It's a great sauce
>> alright
>> but it's probably not a good idea to eat anything that you can't say or
>> spell right.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fNFo2nsNw
>>
>> ===
>>
>> LOL it's brilliant LOL Yep say it as I do .. Wuster sauce, or even
>> wustershire sauce
>>
>> That works )

>I'm just happy that wuster sauce wasn't invented somewhere in Wales.
>
>---
>
>Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

Then it might have been called Chwyrligwgan.

==

lol well there is that))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hello I am new to this group, I have been a regular on usenet for years but first time here...

> wrote in message
>

> I am a gluten free chef.. well not really a chef I have only been
> cooking in earnest for a few years. So I guess you can say I am an
> amateur cook LOL. Several years ago I realized that almost all of my
> health problems was coming from an intolerance to gluten or perhaps a
> wheat allergy. They are basically the same so the name does not
> matter.
>
> I had to start cooking and learning new ways to make old recipes so
> that I could eat them. I feel that I have done a pretty good job. I
> have pretty much mastered the air fryer. Which BTW if you don't have
> one, you may want to get one. I cook 95 % of all my food in an
> airfryer. I can make fries that taste better and are crispier than
> McDonalds with an air fryer, and no none of them are burnt.. There is
> the occasional straggler like the "lost" fry in you McDonalds
> bundle... you know that half burnt crispy crunchy fry that people seem
> to love for some reason. Well all of my fries are similar to those but
> they are not burnt.
>
> I have made a chicken strip or nugget or whatever you want to call it
> with my air fryer that will rival any restaurant, but that is mainly
> because of the breading. Although there is no actual bread in it
> because it is all gluten free. I do not ever cook anything that I will
> not eat and I will not/can not eat gluten so all my food is gluten
> free.
>
> For now I will share a recipe with you that is basically an Russian
> dressing but it is not really all that good on salads, but for chicken
> nuggets or chicken strips it is supreme. If you doubt that it is the
> best then I would have to refer you to a restaurant chain that started
> in Louisiana called Canes. They seem to have made a fortune because of
> this sauce.
>
> 1 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman's or Dukes
> 1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
> 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground pepper corn is best)
>
> Directions
> In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well blended.
> Store in an air-tight container for a few hours before serving. Will
> stay good in a container for up to 2 weeks.
>
> I would recommend using gluten free ingredients (always check your
> labels)
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

I don't own an air fryer and see no need for one. I'm not really into
chicken strips or nuggets but will eat them occasionally if I'm making them
for someone else. The oven works fine for this. I don't eat any kind of
sauce with them.

I do order fries at one restaurant that makes really good ones. We eat there
maybe 4-6 times per year if that. Rarely make them at home. If I do it's
because I got a cheap or free bag of frozen ones.

I also have no need to cook gluten free for myself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> an >> > amateur cook LOL. Several years ago I realized that almost
>>> all of my >> > health problems was coming from an intolerance to
>>> gluten or perhaps >> > a wheat allergy. They are basically the same
>>> so the name does not >> > matter.

>>> so >> > that I could eat them. I feel that I have done a pretty good
>>> job. I >> > have pretty much mastered the air fryer. Which BTW if you
>>> don't have >> > one, you may want to get one. I cook 95 % of all my
>>> food in an >> > airfryer. I can make fries that taste better and are
>>> crispier than >> > McDonalds with an air fryer, and no none of them
>>> are burnt.. There >> > is the occasional straggler like the "lost"
>>> fry in you McDonalds >> > bundle... you know that half burnt crispy
>>> crunchy fry that people >> > seem to love for some reason. Well all
>>> of my fries are similar to >> > those but they are not burnt.

>>> call >> > it with my air fryer that will rival any restaurant, but
>>> that is >> > mainly because of the breading. Although there is no
>>> actual bread >> > in it because it is all gluten free. I do not ever
>>> cook anything >> > that I will not eat and I will not/can not eat
>>> gluten so all my >> > food is gluten free.

>>> Russian >> > dressing but it is not really all that good on salads,
>>> but for >> > chicken nuggets or chicken strips it is supreme. If you
>>> doubt that >> > it is the best then I would have to refer you to a
>>> restaurant chain >> > that started in Louisiana called Canes. They
>>> seem to have made a >> > fortune because of this sauce.

>>> blended. >> > Store in an air-tight container for a few hours before
>>> serving. Will >> > stay good in a container for up to 2 weeks.

>>> your >> > labels)

>>> If someone is prejudice and does not like my name and wishes to
>>> killfile me then I say go right ahead. I am an antitheist and an
>>> antichrist I will do anything and everything to see that theism and
>>> especially the evil christianity soon leaves this world

>>Ok, you missed that this is a cooking group then and you suddenly are
>>50% of the posts,

> Wow really?? BTW... jealous much?
>

>> NONE of which are about cooking.
>>
>>Post a recipe or something about cooking.

> That is so funny when like 15 lines up there is a recipe that I posted
> that I think people will enjoy
> actually I have posted a couple... SO GET UP OFF ME MAN.....
> If you have a copy of the charter please post it so that I can read it
> to know what all is expected of posters to this group at which time I
> can fully ignore it and then post what the hell I want
> anyway.....because I am not just posting unrelated crap I am also
> posting related crap. So lets start a shit show cause the crap is all
> on you.
>
> Thank you for your consideration and your kind words

You did post a recipe but I can't see why anyone would enjoy that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 05:02:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

.. .

wrote:

>>>Ok, you missed that this is a cooking group then and you suddenly are
>>>50% of the posts,

>> Wow really?? BTW... jealous much?
>>

>>> NONE of which are about cooking.
>>>
>>>Post a recipe or something about cooking.

>> That is so funny when like 15 lines up there is a recipe that I posted
>> that I think people will enjoy
>> actually I have posted a couple... SO GET UP OFF ME MAN.....
>> If you have a copy of the charter please post it so that I can read it
>> to know what all is expected of posters to this group at which time I
>> can fully ignore it and then post what the hell I want
>> anyway.....because I am not just posting unrelated crap I am also
>> posting related crap. So lets start a shit show cause the crap is all
>> on you.
>>
>> Thank you for your consideration and your kind words

>You did post a recipe but I can't see why anyone would enjoy that.

as I said to someone else already perhaps you cant see why but it did
just so happen to start a multi million dollar fast food restaurant
chain... granted it is small but it is rather new. And it was ALL
based on the sauce. without the sauce the restaurant would have never
happened

http://www.raisingcanes.com/

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Really??
>>> It's Wooster Sauce from Woostersheer with the "oo" pronounced the same
>>> as in wool.

>> yes yes technically it has an o this is however the "english proper
>> version" but saying wish with an i is a million times easier, just try
>> it. No one will even notice you use an I instead of an o, this is more
>> of the american english version
>>

>Why TF should I? I'm English by birth and upbringing! I've just taught
>you the correct pronunciation!

tomAto TomAHto which is correct?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 20:03:50 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>>Yeah..... as if anything is pronounced correctly along that north east
>>>cost .... Bar Habor ..... Bahabah... I rest my case. ;-)

>>oh bull crap it is correctly pronounced in the south, the turret
>>south, but actually she south west has the correct pronunciation
>>except if only you discount the north east they have it better unless
>>you consider the south south west with north eastern influences...

>One skill you haven't mastered yet: writing. Reread that sentence and
>cry.

guess you have not really heard of spell check either.. And I am sorry
if I have a freaking Band-Aid on my pointy finger at the tip that
causes many typos and many crazy spell checker errors. Wow you people
are NUTS!!!!

let me redo the sentence for those that are crying because they can
not understand that I am a human and I am not perfect <tears
forming...I need a tissue hang on>

>>but actually The south west has the correct pronunciation
>>except if only you discount the north east they pronounce it better unless
>>you consider the south south west with north eastern influences...

Now <finished wiping the tears away> I must say that entire line was
based of a comedy skit from someone I can not freakin remember so I
listed no cites to accompany the line. If you know then please speak
up OR SHUT THE **** UP AND JUST LAUGH and appreciate that someone here
is not posting boring crap.

"Thank you for your consideration" ~some little rat guy on Andromeda

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 04:59:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> I am a gluten free chef.. well not really a chef I have only been
>> cooking in earnest for a few years. So I guess you can say I am an
>> amateur cook LOL. Several years ago I realized that almost all of my
>> health problems was coming from an intolerance to gluten or perhaps a
>> wheat allergy. They are basically the same so the name does not
>> matter.
>>
>> I had to start cooking and learning new ways to make old recipes so
>> that I could eat them. I feel that I have done a pretty good job. I
>> have pretty much mastered the air fryer. Which BTW if you don't have
>> one, you may want to get one. I cook 95 % of all my food in an
>> airfryer. I can make fries that taste better and are crispier than
>> McDonalds with an air fryer, and no none of them are burnt.. There is
>> the occasional straggler like the "lost" fry in you McDonalds
>> bundle... you know that half burnt crispy crunchy fry that people seem
>> to love for some reason. Well all of my fries are similar to those but
>> they are not burnt.
>>
>> I have made a chicken strip or nugget or whatever you want to call it
>> with my air fryer that will rival any restaurant, but that is mainly
>> because of the breading. Although there is no actual bread in it
>> because it is all gluten free. I do not ever cook anything that I will
>> not eat and I will not/can not eat gluten so all my food is gluten
>> free.
>>
>> For now I will share a recipe with you that is basically an Russian
>> dressing but it is not really all that good on salads, but for chicken
>> nuggets or chicken strips it is supreme. If you doubt that it is the
>> best then I would have to refer you to a restaurant chain that started
>> in Louisiana called Canes. They seem to have made a fortune because of
>> this sauce.
>>
>> 1 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman's or Dukes
>> 1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
>> 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
>> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
>> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>> 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground pepper corn is best)
>>
>> Directions
>> In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well blended.
>> Store in an air-tight container for a few hours before serving. Will
>> stay good in a container for up to 2 weeks.
>>
>> I would recommend using gluten free ingredients (always check your
>> labels)
>> --
>>

>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>> ~Toidi Uoy

>I don't own an air fryer and see no need for one. I'm not really into
>chicken strips or nuggets but will eat them occasionally if I'm making them
>for someone else. The oven works fine for this. I don't eat any kind of
>sauce with them.

While I respect and even admire you dedication to stick to the old
ways of cooking I do find it difficult in these times to actually make
a fire and fashion a spit for cooking every time I get hungry

>I do order fries at one restaurant that makes really good ones.

I respect you dedication to your favorite french fry making eateries,
but I can not in good conscience eat that crap that fries in gallons
of vegetable fat and or animal lard. When I can make a batch of french
fries using a few squirts from my spray bottle of olive oil/sesame oil
mix equivalent to a tablespoon or 2 to make delicious crispy french
fries that are healthy and gluten free.

> We eat there
>maybe 4-6 times per year if that. Rarely make them at home. If I do it's
>because I got a cheap or free bag of frozen ones.
>
>I also have no need to cook gluten free for myself.

While I do respect your need or lack thereof for a gluten enriched
product I feel you don't fully understand what all that actuality
means.

When you buy (lets go with something very basic) a can of tuna fish
either in spring water or oil do you know what all you are buying?
sure you are buying the tuna fish and the oil/water that comes with it
but do you think there is more in there? Ok well not talking about any
other listed preservatives (IE. salt etc.) have you considered the
fact that if it does NOT say gluten free it may have a wheat product
in it either accidentally or purposefully. When being packaged on
shared equipment that is not thoroughly cleaned between each product
packaged build up of things like flour and other wheat or other wise
gluten products can be shared into other foods.......

Well no big deal you say.. well lets consider what else may become
trapped on these conveyers when things are not cleaned and cleaned
often....
There is :

Dead skin cells
dust
hair
fecal matter (human, rats, bugs, roaches..etc...)
trash (paper, cloth, etc...)
any other bodily waste either human or otherwise (sweat, bugars
etc...)

So the point is ALWAYS eat gluten free because cross contamination can
bring on an entirely new meaning when you factor in the human (idiot)
element

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
>
> Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but it is
> actually 'Worcestershire sauce' ...

Well.... Arrrghh! ;o LOL
I've always thought that was the right spelling. Guess I should
start using my Spellchecker once in a while. Anyway, thanks for
educating me. It just always looked fine to me.

I remember once years ago, I wasn't sure how to spell it
correctly. I actually brought the jar to my computer to make it
right. That one time I did but then got it wrong since.

Anyway, thanks for finally pointing it out to me. Any day that I
learn something new is a good day. I won't get it wrong again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:41:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> >"dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> >On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:13:43 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> >> Wuster sauce is good. Worcestershire is not good. It's a great sauce
> >> alright
> >> but it's probably not a good idea to eat anything that you can't say or
> >> spell right.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fNFo2nsNw
> >>
> >> ===
> >>
> >> LOL it's brilliant LOL Yep say it as I do .. Wuster sauce, or even
> >> wustershire sauce
> >>
> >> That works )

> >I'm just happy that wuster sauce wasn't invented somewhere in Wales.
> >
> >---
> >
> >Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

> Then it might have been called Chwyrligwgan.

then I might have spelled it wrong to "Whalechestersire Sauce"
Notice, I moved the "H" lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message:
> I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!
>
> ==
>
> lol that works too)

Their US version is way too sweet now. Frenchs is better...or
even the generic brands. L&P does make a very tasty steak sauce
though or was it a bbq sauce?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 04:59:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
>I also have no need to cook gluten free for myself.

Julie, cease and desist from replying to the sicko freak or I will no
longer be opening any of your posts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:38:17 -0500, Bruce >
wrote:

Sheldon wrote :
>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 04:59:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> I also have no need to cook gluten free for myself.

>> Julie, cease and desist from replying to the sicko freak or I will no
>> longer be opening any of your posts.
>>

>...................../´¯/)
>....................,/¯../
>.................../..../
>............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
>........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
>........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
>.........\.................'...../
>..........''...\.......... _.·´
>............\..............(
>..............\.............\...

Oh wow I have not seen ASCII graphics in the longest time.. and that
was such a good one.. do you mind If I copy and use that gem from time
to time?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
>
> Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but it is
> actually 'Worcestershire sauce' ...

Well.... Arrrghh! ;o LOL
I've always thought that was the right spelling. Guess I should
start using my Spellchecker once in a while. Anyway, thanks for
educating me. It just always looked fine to me.

I remember once years ago, I wasn't sure how to spell it
correctly. I actually brought the jar to my computer to make it
right. That one time I did but then got it wrong since.

Anyway, thanks for finally pointing it out to me. Any day that I
learn something new is a good day. I won't get it wrong again.

==

Aww it wasn't so important but I thought I would stick my twopenneth in.
You know me)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Bruce wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:41:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> >"dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> >On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:13:43 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> >> Wuster sauce is good. Worcestershire is not good. It's a great sauce
> >> alright
> >> but it's probably not a good idea to eat anything that you can't say or
> >> spell right.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fNFo2nsNw
> >>
> >> ===
> >>
> >> LOL it's brilliant LOL Yep say it as I do .. Wuster sauce, or even
> >> wustershire sauce
> >>
> >> That works )

> >I'm just happy that wuster sauce wasn't invented somewhere in Wales.
> >
> >---
> >
> >Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

> Then it might have been called Chwyrligwgan.

then I might have spelled it wrong to "Whalechestersire Sauce"
Notice, I moved the "H" lol
===
lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 "Ophelia" wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote:
>On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:13:43 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:33:27 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > You always call it '' Worchestershire sauce and it makes me smile)
>> >
>> > Not that it matters much and I know what you are referring to but it is
>> > actually 'Worcestershire sauce' and we just call it 'Wuster sauce' )
>> >
>> > It is named after a place here called Worcester (which we pronounce
>> > Wuster)
>> > which is in Worcestershire)
>> >
>> > Just sayin' )))

>> Wuster sauce is good. Worcestershire is not good. It's a great sauce
>> alright
>> but it's probably not a good idea to eat anything that you can't say or
>> spell right.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fNFo2nsNw
>>
>> ===
>>
>> LOL it's brilliant LOL Yep say it as I do .. Wuster sauce, or even
>> wustershire sauce
>>
>> That works )

>I'm just happy that wuster sauce wasn't invented somewhere in Wales.
>
>---
>
>Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

Should be Whales.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:21:41 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:41:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>> >I'm just happy that wuster sauce wasn't invented somewhere in Wales.
>> >
>> >---
>> >
>> >Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

>> Then it might have been called Chwyrligwgan.

>then I might have spelled it wrong to "Whalechestersire Sauce"
>Notice, I moved the "H" lol

Well I guess it is time we can get technical.... Now speaking strictly
as creatures from a water based environment what you are describing as
whale... sauce is a product of a different name.. Fish sauce.. LOL

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:41:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ---
>
> Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

Nobody in the US can figure out how to handle Welsh words. OTOH, I would be funny as heck if it was called "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysili ogogogoch sauce."