Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Made up another batch of Mushroom Spinach Stuffs!

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 12:43:59 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 11:58:29 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > I love adding it to my nuked green veggies with somer pan juices and butter! YUM!
> >
> > Ingredients:
> >
> > 2# Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
> > Bag-O that baby spinach, washed and drained
> > Black pepper
> > Garlic or garlic powder
> > EVOO
> >
> > Wash and slice mushrooms; cook in wide pan in lots of olive oil EVOO and black pepper and a little garlic.
> >
> > As mushrooms cook down add the drained spinach with more black pepper and garlic.
> >
> > Gently cook down and allow evaporation of moisture (not all).
> >
> > Refrigerate.
> >
> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse!

> It needs some salt during cooking.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Nah, I always salt before eating.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 2:19:04 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 12:43:59 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 11:58:29 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > I love adding it to my nuked green veggies with somer pan juices and butter! YUM!
> > >
> > > Ingredients:
> > >
> > > 2# Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
> > > Bag-O that baby spinach, washed and drained
> > > Black pepper
> > > Garlic or garlic powder
> > > EVOO
> > >
> > > Wash and slice mushrooms; cook in wide pan in lots of olive oil EVOO and black pepper and a little garlic.
> > >
> > > As mushrooms cook down add the drained spinach with more black pepper and garlic.
> > >
> > > Gently cook down and allow evaporation of moisture (not all).
> > >
> > > Refrigerate.
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse!

> > It needs some salt during cooking.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Nah, I always salt before eating.
>
> John Kuthe...

It's not the same.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 12:24:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 2:19:04 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

>> > It needs some salt during cooking.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> Nah, I always salt before eating.
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>It's not the same.

Only with an egg do I prefer to salt just before eating. Otherwise
during preparation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 2:24:14 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 2:19:04 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > It needs some salt during cooking.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Nah, I always salt before eating.
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> It's not the same.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Gives me the option!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:08:11 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 2:24:14 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Nah, I always salt before eating.
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> It's not the same.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>Gives me the option!
>
>John Kuthe...

I also only salt at table, I much prefer sprinkling lightly with
kosher salt, those big grains are jolting with minimal salt. With
soups/stews I add a wee bit of MSG, never wants additional salt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:08:11 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> It's not the same.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Gives me the option!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> I also only salt at table, I much prefer sprinkling lightly with
> kosher salt, those big grains are jolting with minimal salt. With
> soups/stews I add a wee bit of MSG, never wants additional salt.

Do yoose put MSG in yoose yellow pee soup Popeye?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 6:27:50 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:08:11 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> It's not the same.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> >Gives me the option!
> >
> >John Kuthe...

> I also only salt at table, I much prefer sprinkling lightly with
> kosher salt, those big grains are jolting with minimal salt. With
> soups/stews I add a wee bit of MSG, never wants additional salt.

I guarantee that if I ate your cooking, I'd be hosing it down with
the salt shaker. I put a couple packets of salt on the fries at
my decennial trip to McDonald's.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 4:49:46 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I guarantee that if I ate your cooking, I'd be hosing it down with
> the salt shaker. I put a couple packets of salt on the fries at
> my decennial trip to McDonald's.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

As is your preference!! *I* don't care how you like YOUR FOOD, I make MY FOOD the way 'WE' LIKE IT! :-) My Lady Love and myself!

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I guarantee that if I ate your cooking, I'd be hosing it down with
> the salt shaker. I put a couple packets of salt on the fries at
> my decennial trip to McDonald's.

heh. If you only go that often, why bother? I go about 2-3 times
a year and also put a couple of packets of salt on their fries (2
orders). Good salty oil-fries are "da man." I do like their salt
though. I always take a few extra to use at home occasionally.
Often sold in grocery stores as "popcorn salt." Just finely
ground.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 12:12:08 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I guarantee that if I ate your cooking, I'd be hosing it down with
> > the salt shaker. I put a couple packets of salt on the fries at
> > my decennial trip to McDonald's.

> heh. If you only go that often, why bother?

Desperation. I only go when no other reasonable option
is available. The last time, I'd spent most of the day
at the hospital with my mother. On the way home I realized
I hadn't eaten lunch, so I stopped at Mickey D's. The
burgers may be weak and steamed-tasting and the fries aren't
as good as when they cooked them in beef tallow, but it's
fast and you always know what you're going to get.

> I go about 2-3 times
> a year and also put a couple of packets of salt on their fries (2
> orders). Good salty oil-fries are "da man." I do like their salt
> though. I always take a few extra to use at home occasionally.
> Often sold in grocery stores as "popcorn salt." Just finely
> ground.

We simply buy popcorn salt. It's a lot easier.

Cindy Hamilton