Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cornbread (pic)

On 1/11/2019 12:11 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 1/6/2019 11:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

> What kinda skilet?

That was my Lodge 9" cast iron skillet which has been dedicated to
cornbread since I bought and seasoned using <gasp> Crisco at least 15
years ago. I still melt a little of that partially-hydrogenized
stuff in the bottom of the very hot skillet from time to time to keep it
non-stick. I drain it off, of course.

I use soften butter in the actual cornbread batter.

Jill

Cornbread etc Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 78 23-01-2014 06:42 AM
Cornbread Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 5 30-12-2006 07:14 AM
Cornbread kilikini General Cooking 3 28-12-2006 07:35 PM
Cornbread Ken Davey General Cooking 0 28-12-2006 06:01 PM
CornBREAD Richard Crowley Baking 22 16-12-2005 05:53 AM